PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?....I feel we are close....

ScottLawrence
10-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Just read before jumping all over me...... The offense was terrible all game before the 4th quarter. Its SOO obvious that Clements and, Mularkey want to be a physical football team which is what us fans thought was the strength of this team. Well, the running game just isn't working and, when Bledsoe was forced to pass he had success doing it. The last 8 mintues of the game was an indication of this.

I feel this team must open up the passing game more and get away from the run as crazy as that sounds.... For whatever reason the running game isn't working and, the passing game is.

Once we start throwing the ball down field more, I think this team will start to win games.

Drewpac
10-10-2004, 08:53 PM
It didn't work during the 2nd half of 2002 or all of 2003. What makes you think that will work now?

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Our team doesn't have the abililty to run when the other team expects us to run or to pass when the other team expects us to pass. That was played ouut last year and has been played out this year.

We didn't pass successfully today because we were better than the Jets pass D, we passed successfully at the end because the Jets gave up and played a soft D.

mybills
10-10-2004, 09:01 PM
I feel that a running game with Travis is a must, not McGahee. He only made the outside when there was a hole, where Travis runs up the middle & plows over guys..he's a work horse.

I feel that..correction...I STILL feel that all Bledsoe has is an arm, and that ALL he can do is bombs. Almost every one of his short passes in the last 4 games have been dropped by several different receivers. That tells me he's throwing some crazy assed spiral bullets or what ever you call them where the receivers are unable to catch them because it's stinging the hell out of their hands or something.

And before anyone jumps down my throat for that...look real hard at what has happened. This has nothing to do with my dislike of Bledsoe. To me, there must be something going on with the ball in those short passes that make it almost impossible for Moulds, Shaw, whomever, to catch. He's a bomber and the bombs have time to spiral smooth. :idunno:

finsrclowns
10-10-2004, 09:15 PM
There's something going on with the ball- it's being dropped at an alarming rate for pro receivers. Bledsoe doesn't throw as hard as Elway did on ANY ball yet his receivers caught them. No way do our guys get a pass on the drops.

mybills
10-10-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm not saying that I think he's throwing all of them too hard...I'm questioning the spiral...or maybe there's something else??? I just don't get all those dropped SHORT passes when all of his long ones are usually caught. It just doesn't make any sense!
:idunno: I mean, do that many people think it's coincidental...those who've noticed this? I think there has to be an explanation for it...IMO only his bombs seem catchable.

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm not saying that I think he's throwing all of them too hard...I'm questioning the spiral...or maybe there's something else??? I just don't get all those dropped SHORT passes when all of his long ones are usually caught. It just doesn't make any sense!
:idunno: I mean, do that many people think it's coincidental...those who've noticed this? I think there has to be an explanation for it...IMO only his bombs seem catchable.

Our short passes seem to go primarily to two guys - Henry and Reed. Both of them have below average hands IMO. I think the touch is bad (the receivers normally have to turn to awkward angles or reach up or down to catch the ball), but I don't think the drops can be blamed on him. But his tosses would cause problems with YAC regardless (and YAC is the main purpose of short throws anyway).