PDA

View Full Version : For What it's worth, 10/10/04

finsrclowns
10-10-2004, 09:06 PM
*People talk about the mistakes TD has made. There have been a lot, but draft choices are not bank accounts, you're going to miss some even when you did all your homework well. But I watched some of the Vikings/Texans game and watched what a real offensive line looks like. Yeah, Moss is amazing and Culpepper has a strong arm, but Culpepper gets a lot of time to throw almost every time. NE gives Brady a lot of time to throw almost every time. Indy gives Manning a lot of time to throw almost every time. Today the Jets gave Pennington a lot of time to throw almost every time. The point? These teams win a lot of games.

Bryant McKinnie has settled in there and is playing like an all pro LT with zero sacks allowed so far this year. How much smarter and better would TD, MM, and DB look with McKinnie at LT and Jennings back at RT where he had success? If Jennings is close to a pro bowl LT as some have suggested, John Abraham is superman. If TD could get a mulligan on one mistake, McKinnie over Williams might top the list, with GW/Killdrive a close 2nd.

*Travis Henry needs to take a seat and watch Willis play. He seems to want to run outside, which he can't do. He isn't as fast to the hole this year. He can't catch and he can't block. He just isn't producing this year and IMO if you want to run a ball control run first offense you need a great running back. Willis entered the game today and we got two TD's in the 4th quarter. It isn't a coincidence.

*This team misses Vincent and Milloy a ton. Milloy needs to get back on the field next week, healed or not. Play with a cast or whatever, we need him out there. Because the D has been handed leads in 2 games late and spit the bit both times.

*Lee Evans has made more big plays in 2 games than Josh Reed has in two years. Evans needs to be out there full time. Reed needs to watch full time. Let Aiken and Shaw share the 3rd WR spot and see who steps up.

*I predict the Bills go to NE at 4-4.

ejsmith
10-10-2004, 11:12 PM
If you want my opinion, I think our O-line looks horrible because everyone knows that they can blitz Bledsoe and he will suck. I think that the QB makes all the difference in the world. It's like when we went from RJ to Flutie and all of a sudden the line looked a million times better. And like when New England went from Bledsoe to Brady... it's amazing how much better of a team they became almost instantly when Bledsoe got hurt. I tried REALLY hard to be a Bledsoe believer, but it's time to kick his ass out the door and put ANYBODY else in there. At this point I don't care who it is. :sad:

Eric J. Smith

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2004, 11:17 PM
If you want my opinion, I think our O-line looks horrible because everyone knows that they can blitz Bledsoe and he will suck. I think that the QB makes all the difference in the world. It's like when we went from RJ to Flutie and all of a sudden the line looked a million times better. And like when New England went from Bledsoe to Brady... it's amazing how much better of a team they became almost instantly when Bledsoe got hurt. I tried REALLY hard to be a Bledsoe believer, but it's time to kick his ass out the door and put ANYBODY else in there. At this point I don't care who it is. :sad:

Eric J. SmithAgreed. While I have no delusions that our oline is good, it is absolutely terrible for the reasons you mentioned. That's the one thing Drew supporters fail to realize is that Brady is having success with the same line Drew struggled with.

LarryBoy
10-10-2004, 11:29 PM
That's the one thing Drew supporters fail to realize is that Brady is having success with the same line Drew struggled with.

It is???????

Besides the LG the O-line is entirely different.

ejsmith
10-10-2004, 11:32 PM
I just don't even care at this point. Bench Bledsoe and put Shane Mathews in. At this point anybody but Bledsoe would be great with me. I can't take this same boring ass pathetic crap any more. :fury:

Eric J. Smith

LarryBoy
10-11-2004, 12:25 AM
I just don't even care at this point. Bench Bledsoe and put Shane Mathews in. At this point anybody but Bledsoe would be great with me. I can't take this same boring ass pathetic crap any more. :fury:

Eric J. Smith

...and when Mathews get put on his ass? :headscrat

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2004, 03:38 AM
...and when Mathews get put on his ass? :headscrat
...Losman.

He should be ready by the time Matthews is banged up.

illusionone
10-11-2004, 06:28 AM
...Losman.

He should be ready by the time Matthews is banged up.

...and when Losman gets put on his ass?

ejsmith
10-11-2004, 09:31 AM
You seem to be missing the point. First, I think if you could put someone decent in there at QB then the line wouldn't look half as bad as it does now. ie. Someone who can make a quick read, get rid of the ball, and throw accurate short passes. Second, I really don't give a **** if they get knocked on their asses, ANYONE BUT BLEDSOE, it can't possibly get worse than 0-4!!! Like I said, I tried REALLY hard, but I'm freakin' done. Get him the F out of there now!

Eric J. Smith

ScottLawrence
10-11-2004, 09:40 AM
I say this all the time....Our O-Line would be considered average if not for Drew Bledsoe.

Defense's know he is only going to be in one spot the entire game and it kills our ability to do much on offense.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2004, 09:41 AM
For the sake of dwelling on the past, how different would this team look like if TD, instead of taking Mike Williams, would have drafted:

1st - Roy Williams
2nd - Mike Pearson

and then not blow a pick on Josh Reed who doesn't belong in the NFL.

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 12:22 PM
pearson is out for the year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2004, 12:46 PM
pearson is out for the year.

I know, but you don't know what would have happened if he was drafted here. The guy is a decent tackle and would at the very least be the same player M. Williams is. That scenario also makes the team not draft Coy Wire in the third.

HAMMER
10-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I say this all the time....Our O-Line would be considered average if not for Drew Bledsoe.

Defense's know he is only going to be in one spot the entire game and it kills our ability to do much on offense.

BINGO!!!!! DING DING DING, we have a winner.
It is as simple as that, they know where he will be at all times. They won't have that advantage when Losman brings his fleet feet to the field. The sooner the better, we have nowhere to go but up!