X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

J.P. Losman should start...here's why.

It appears that Losman will be healthy and ready for some football in about 2 to 3 weeks time. Upon his return, I'd like to see Bledsoe take the back seat and let the kid grab the wheel.

1) At 0-4, 0-2 in the division, it's obvious that this Bills team is not playoff bound. While they're not mathmatically eliminated from playoff contention, it would take a strong Bills sweep for the rest of the season, and a crumbling fall from either the Jets or the Pats. Neither which seems probable. While Bledsoe is NOT completely to blame for the Bills record, the offense is STILL FLAT. Mularkey needs to send a statement to his players letting them know that poor performance will not be tolerated. Nothing could make a louder statement then benching Bledose.

2) Is Losman ready? Most likely not, but if this kid is the Bills future, he's not going to get the experience necessary to win by watching Drew on the sideline. Besides, Losman has something that Bledsoe does not have - an extra dimension. Losman has the ability to put blitzing defenses to rest by running out of / or running away from their blitzing schemes. While Losman's inexpereince will cause certain problems, this extra dimension can solve others. With a scrammbling QB, opposing defenses will be forced to play more conservativly, which, in turn, should open up the running game for the Bills. INTs will go up, but sacks and fumbles should technically decrease. The OL gets a break from having to try and pick up a blitz 2 out of every 3 offensive plays.

3) The Bills need a spark...a hot, blazing fire beneath their ass. Rallying around a rookie leader should make others around him to take their game up an extra notch. Will this help the Bills win games? Well, yes and no. JP will make more mistakes than Drew has because of his inexperience, but the move should induce team intensity and increase performance levels.

4) The Fans are restless. If (I strongly emphasis IF)...If the Bills lose to Miami, at home, on Sunday, the Fans will be calling for heads to roll. As if that isn't alredy happening. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I ask you, can Losman be worse for this offense? I think not.

At the very least, Losman will provide a different kind of excitement for ticket holders. A fresh start offers up new opportunites, and while no one will expect Losman to preform miracles, the pure notion that he might, should be enough to keep us all glued to the TV and our seats for the next 1 and 1/2 seasons.
    Last edited by RedEyE; 10-10-2004, 10:24 PM.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

I agree 100%. This team isn't going anywhere. We are looking at another 3 or 4 win season.

The odds of Bledsoe returning as the starter next year are about as slim as one of us scoring a date with the Olsen twins. We midas well use the last 8 games as an opportunity for Losman to gain game experience for next year.

If we're gonna lose this year I'd rather lose with the young guy the Bills braintrust are depending on in the future years.

The game experience Losman could gain this year would do wonders going into next year. If he is a first time starter going into next year we will most likely piss away another season.

I'd rather get some of his growing pains over this year. It's not like we are giving anything up in the process. We're gonna lose anyway.

And hell who knows maybe he could do some damage this year. Ben Rothlesberger is 3-0 and looking tight in his first 3 starts.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

I wouldn't mind seeing Loseman get some experience this year.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        I agree 100%. This team isn't going anywhere. We are looking at another 3 or 4 win season.

The odds of Bledsoe returning as the starter next year are about as slim as one of us scoring a date with the Olsen twins. We midas well use the last 8 games as an opportunity for Losman to gain game experience for next year.

If we're gonna lose this year I'd rather lose with the young guy the Bills braintrust are depending on in the future years.

The game experience Losman could gain this year would do wonders going into next year. If he is a first time starter going into next year we will most likely piss away another season.

I'd rather get some of his growing pains over this year. It's not like we are giving anything up in the process. We're gonna lose anyway.

And hell who knows maybe he could do some damage this year. Ben Rothlesberger is 3-0 and looking tight in his first 3 starts.
        Excellent post. Great points.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Is JP's last name pronounced Losman as Lahhh-smon(Like ahhh, that beer tasted good)or is it pronounced as Low-smon?

I've heard it used both ways and always pronounced it Lahhhsmon but I've heard announcers pronounce it Lowsman. They also pronounce it Lowsman on Madden 2005.

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
            Is JP's last name pronounced Losman as Lahhh-smon(Like ahhh, that beer tasted good)or is it pronounced as Low-smon?

I've heard it used both ways and always pronounced it Lahhhsmon but I've heard announcers pronounce it Lowsman. They also pronounce it Lowsman on Madden 2005.
            I can't remember where ... but somewhere I heard it should be "Loss-men"

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I have heard it a bunch of ways

Loze- man

loss-man

lows-man

lahs-man

and "That guy who isn't Bledsoe"

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

great post.. positive rep points coming.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Good points RedEye, any idea on the time table for Losman's recovery? Shouldnt be more than a month away by now correct?
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• socalfan
                    Old Fogey from Cali
                    • Feb 2003

Los-man as in Los Angeles.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

I've been saying this as well, but since I'm a Drew hater people see it through colored glasses.

JP needs to start ASAP so that this year is not a total waste. If he gets exp now, we will be that much closer to being a real team again in '05/'06. Every second that Drew is behind center is another second wasted for the future of the Bills.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Good points RedEye, any idea on the time table for Losman's recovery? Shouldnt be more than a month away by now correct?

I read on Yahoo that he would be praticing in 2 weeks. That tells me that he should be ready to go in 3-4.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                            I read on Yahoo that he would be praticing in 2 weeks. That tells me that he should be ready to go in 3-4.
                            unless Drew and the team make a drastic turnaround, I would hope he's starting then
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
                              Mularkey needs to send a statement to his players letting them know that poor performance will not be tolerated.
                              So should he bench the entire O-Line too?

Comment

Working...
                              X