PDA

View Full Version : Pierson or Coy

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2004, 11:06 PM
After watching Preilou (sp) suck royally today (no, he doesn't get any credit for catching that fumble, I could've done that), it leads me to ask, who is worse, Coy Wire or P.P. ? I myself am not sure, but I do know that I've been taking Milloy for granted, I know he's not the greatest in coverage, but I can't remember every watching a game where Milloy made these type of boneheaded mistakes.

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 11:08 PM
After watching Preilou (sp) suck royally today (no, he doesn't get any credit for catching that fumble, I could've done that), it leads me to ask, who is worse, Coy Wire or P.P. ? I myself am not sure, but I do know that I've been taking Milloy for granted, I know he's not the greatest in coverage, but I can't remember every watching a game where Milloy made these type of boneheaded mistakes.

Depth looks great on paper- until you hve to use it.

Mr. Cynical
10-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Hot crap or cold turd. Take your pick.

socalfan
10-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Hot crap or cold turd. Take your pick.

Dozer - I agree. Great post.

socalfan
10-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Depth looks great on paper- until you hve to use it.

Good post Mr Cynical...positive rep coming your way!

fushetti
10-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Coy Wire definitely... he blows.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Too bad Mularky doesn't have the same freedom as Belicheck and cut him for playing so bad.

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 07:49 AM
I myself am not sure, but I do know that I've been taking Milloy for granted, I know he's not the greatest in coverage, but I can't remember every watching a game where Milloy made these type of boneheaded mistakes.

i agree completely

juice
10-11-2004, 05:53 PM
PP was around the ball alot and made a key 3rd down stop, I think, Wire hasn't been involved in the Defense that much all year.

The main reason many of those 3rd down plays were completions was because Chad had all day to wait for a reciever to break free.. the one time when he had some real pressure he threw the pick to Posey.

A secondary is only as good as the Pressure that can be applied by the Guys up front.. a top Five QB will eventually find someone if he can sit in the pocket for 4 or 5 seconds at a time.

PP should be the starter against the Phins if Milloy isn't ready.. Coy should concentrate on ST.

HenryRules
10-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Pierson Prioleau ... at least Coy only hurts us at the S position. PP costs 1.4 mil against the cap this year ... that cap space could help us out elsewhere.

G. Host
10-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Pierson Prioleau. Coy Wire is better as safety and on special teams.

juice
10-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Pierson Prioleau ... at least Coy only hurts us at the S position. PP costs 1.4 mil against the cap this year ... that cap space could help us out elsewhere.
Coy should be the starter? Aside from cap issues?

Update.. MM says pp will start.