He said something like "there nothing more pathic than those 5 guys."

LarryBoy
10-10-2004, 11:44 PM
He said something like "there nothing more pathic than those 5 guys."

:shocked: :shocked:

But........why?

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 11:46 PM
He must have confused us with teh Montreal Allouettes or something.

clumping platelets
10-10-2004, 11:48 PM
I could have said that on TV for less money :D

LtBillsFan66
10-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Well that's not all he said. :shakeno:

Bill Brasky
10-11-2004, 12:03 AM
"Look up pathetic in the dictionary and you'll see the Buffalo O-Line"

...That's what he said. He also said our team is too talented to be winless and that the O-Line is the reason for it, not our QB.

LarryBoy
10-11-2004, 12:22 AM

...That's what he said. He also said our team is too talented to be winless and that the O-Line is the reason for it, not our QB.

Wow....could he be right???

hurls
10-11-2004, 12:26 AM
This line has been horrendous since Donahoe got here. Where's the draft picks to fix the holes that Butler or Polian would have gotten us?

Bill Brasky
10-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Where's the draft picks to fix the holes that Butler or Polian would have gotten us?

Giving up sacks late in the 4th QTR.

Bill Brasky
10-11-2004, 03:40 PM
I saw that clip that Salisbury commented on... just incredible. I mean, there was one play were DB was litterally sacked right when he finished his 3 step drop. How the hell does any QB produce anything under that kind of pressure?

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2004, 04:24 PM
I saw that clip that Salisbury commented on... just incredible. I mean, there was one play were DB was litterally sacked right when he finished his 3 step drop. How the hell does any QB produce anything under that kind of pressure?True...but you have to also keep in mind that the D *knows* he can't move so they don't have to worry about him rolling out. Therefore they can focus 100% up the middle. Even with a good oline that would be a problem, although certainly it would help a ton if the oline was better, no doubt.

Charlieguide
10-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Don't confuse the issue, Eb. Bledsoe is mobile enough to roll out, just not fast enough to roll out faster than the rush rolls in.

And defenses don't even have to rush us, that's the problem! Yesterday, the Jets were getting sacks when they were in dime coverage!!! In other words, they placed a combined total of FIVE D-linemen and linebackers on the field, and were still able to overcome our five-man line. And these weren't 'coverage sacks,' oh, my, no. These were legitimate, through-the-line-in-three-seconds sacks. One-on-one blocking, and our guys have the size advantage, and they still can't do their job. This line is a coordinator's dream: you can put six DB's on the field so you know they can't pass, then you field your best front-FIVE, and still get the quick sack.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Don't confuse the issue, Eb. Bledsoe is mobile enough to roll out, just not fast enough to roll out faster than the rush rolls in.

And defenses don't even have to rush us, that's the problem! Yesterday, the Jets were getting sacks when they were in dime coverage!!! In other words, they placed a combined total of FIVE D-linemen and linebackers on the field, and were still able to overcome our five-man line. And these weren't 'coverage sacks,' oh, my, no. These were legitimate, through-the-line-in-three-seconds sacks. One-on-one blocking, and our guys have the size advantage, and they still can't do their job. This line is a coordinator's dream: you can put six DB's on the field so you know they can't pass, then you field your best front-FIVE, and still get the quick sack.
what did I say??

cordog
10-11-2004, 05:36 PM

NOOO Its Drew all Drew. Hes gotta get rid of the ball quicker!!!! He had a good 1.5 seconds, but he just stands there :yap:

cordog
10-11-2004, 05:39 PM
True...but you have to also keep in mind that the D *knows* he can't move so they don't have to worry about him rolling out. Therefore they can focus 100% up the middle. Even with a good oline that would be a problem, although certainly it would help a ton if the oline was better, no doubt.

Doesnt seem to be a problem for Indianapolis and most teams with a good o-line and an immobile QB. By the way...Have you seen the Browns? They have a mobile QB and a bad line and Garcia is getting sacks. A bad line is a problem with or without a mobile QB.

Bill Brasky
10-11-2004, 05:39 PM
what did I say??

I think he confused you 2 cuz you have similar avatars... good points by Charlie though... having the ability to generate a pass rush while in a dime coverage makes it nearly impossible for any QB to do anything even when he does have time to throw. This line has managed to make every defense it plays against look like the steel curtain. Christ, even Henry hasn't had a TD the entire season... that really speaks volumes on how pitiful this unit is.

elltrain22
10-11-2004, 05:41 PM
There is alot of things that are pathetic about this team, but that o line is def numbero uno

Charlieguide
10-11-2004, 05:43 PM
what did I say??

:eek2: Sorry! Must have been the avatar. :D

Charlieguide
10-11-2004, 05:44 PM
NOOO Its Drew all Drew. Hes gotta get rid of the ball quicker!!!! He had a good 1.5 seconds, but he just stands there :yap:
:roflmao:

Charlieguide
10-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Doesnt seem to be a problem for Indianapolis and most teams with a good o-line and an immobile QB. By the way...Have you seen the Browns? They have a mobile QB and a bad line and Garcia is getting sacks. A bad line is a problem with or without a mobile QB.

Excellent examples. :up: Couldn't have said it better, myself.

ryjam282
10-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Why would anyone be suprised by these comments. I think they are dead on.

He is just saying what 90% of us on here have been saying for going on 2 years now.

Đ²
10-11-2004, 09:25 PM
http://www.battlebots.com/images/bot_photos/SF01B/Medium/bot-00061.jpg

BAM
10-11-2004, 09:28 PM
hey squared, is that one of those battle bots? :rofl:

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 09:43 PM

he has 19 career tds.. what the hell does he know about good quarterbacking.

:snicker:

LtBillsFan66
10-11-2004, 09:58 PM

19 more than you. :snicker:

finsrclowns
10-11-2004, 10:02 PM

Nothing. The guy is an annoying idiot. It's ok for Bills fans to say the obvious but I don't like the media dissing our boys. And pathetic is too strong a word. Now if he'd used words like poor, weak, inconsistent, bottom five, achilles heal, I'd be forced to agree. But I don't like having to agree with Sean.

DaBills
10-11-2004, 10:21 PM
"Bledsoe is mobile enough to roll out, just not fast enough to roll out faster than the rush rolls in.

And defenses don't even have to rush us, that's the problem! Yesterday, the Jets were getting sacks when they were in dime coverage!!! In other words, they placed a combined total of FIVE D-linemen and linebackers on the field, and were still able to overcome our five-man line. "

Some good points, and key too. Someone here a few days ago had a great chart in their post, something like;

lousy O-line + great QB = average play

good O-line + great QB = success

lousy line + lousy QB = death

We got that last one.

This isn't even a matter of Drew being mobile, he's not even mobile enough to avoid sacks. This is RJ-vú all over again. People saying Drew can't play when defenders are in his face in two seconds. Fair enough. I *****ed about that with RJ and the little QB that could. Many times they had pressure in their face within 2 secs.

But...

Drew is sucking when he DOESN't have pressure. How many throws did he blow when he had time yesterday? How come that's not mentioned by the Drew lovers? he took a ****ing sack with ONLY A THREE-MAN RUSH in the last series that killed us!!!! He didn't even step to the side or move around. He just literally collapsed and fell forward. That's a joke. One of his advantages was that his size would help him against someone trying to sack him but he's going down like Monica Lewinsky.

We should have run more. When we ran Henry to the side or Willis we started having some momentum, UNTIL Drive-Killer Drew got greedy and forced some throws. Drew's ego won't let him be just a simple QB that plays a Dilfer kind of game. Right now we need a QB with a good head on his shoulders, who won't play beyond himself and just toss a screen or hand-off.

Oh, damn, I forgot, Drew trips over the 'terrible line' on hand-offs and has no touch with the short pass anyway. Maybe they receivers should put stickem on their their shoe laces since that's where most of his passes end up.

This sucks and Ralph Wilson above all else should be George Steinbrennar -type angry over this playing. And JP should start immediately after he is cleared.

:mad:

G. Host
10-11-2004, 10:45 PM
This line has been horrendous since Donahoe got here. Where's the draft picks to fix the holes that Butler or Polian would have gotten us?

The line has been terrible since Hull retired, Not all to do with Donahoe.

LtBillsFan66
10-11-2004, 10:56 PM
The line has been terrible since Hull retired, Not all to do with Donahoe.
No? Nothing could be done in 5 years?

NapalmDeath
10-11-2004, 11:01 PM

Guess not in TD's eyes.

Charlieguide
10-11-2004, 11:33 PM
. . .
Drew is sucking when he DOESN't have pressure. How many throws did he blow when he had time yesterday? How come that's not mentioned by the Drew lovers? he took a ****ing sack with ONLY A THREE-MAN RUSH in the last series that killed us!!!! He didn't even step to the side or move around. He just literally collapsed and fell forward.

We should have run more. When we ran Henry to the side or Willis we started having some momentum, . . .

wwooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Take it easy, man!

Let's all just take a deeeep brreeaath. Iiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn. OOOOOuuuuuut.

Now count down from five: 5 . . . . . 4 . . . . . 3 . . . . . 2 . . . . .1.

There, feel better?

Ok, now hear me out. I understand we're all frustrated by the lack of production in the run game, and passing. But I thought Drew looked pretty good when he wasn't pressured. How many targets dropped balls yesterday? With two hands on the ball? When it hit them in the pads? An NFL player should always be ready to catch the ball, even if someone grabs his shirt, or he has to jump a little, or reach, or if it gets there faster than he thinks.

The sack you're referring to: on the last drive, right? I thought Drew stepped up to avoid 2 rushers on the outside, and tripped over two players (one O, one D) right at his feet. Had he tried to throw it away -- and he probably would have in past years -- it might have resulted in an INT.

As for the run game, it has been less consistent than the passing game. We average less than 100 total ypg, with no TD's. Average ypc for either back is well below 4, team avg is 3.5, third lowest in the NFL. That's not strong.

The rest of your argument is all rant, and not worth discussing. A little funny, though.

tampabay25690
10-11-2004, 11:58 PM

WHAT DO YOU MEAN COULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the reason we are 0-4, doenst take a rocket scientist to see that..

DaBills
10-12-2004, 12:28 AM
"The rest of your argument is all rant, and not worth discussing. A little funny, though."

Yes I realize WRs need to catch. RBs need to run. Fish gotta swim, etc.

But above all else, doesn't the QB set the tone of leadership for an offense? When's the last time you saw him get fired up about something? A missed pass and he has that stupid "gosh-darn" look on his face. When's the last time he got in the face of a WR for dropping one of those passes we all agree they should catch? I haven't seen it.

I've watched this team for a long time and I always vent when I see **** play like we're seeing. That ain't gonna' change until they wake up. But Drew has almost zero touch with either a screen or slant from what I've seen these past two seasons. People can dismiss that as a rant, but it doesn't change the fact. He's the embodiment (sp?), [it's late] of the old NFL stay-in-the-pocket and throw the bomb QB that Ralph can't seem to shake his love of. Ralph saw that ability to go deep and was blind to all else.

Problem is too many things around Drew, (O-Line, receivers, excellent running game), have to be available and/or executed absolutely 100% perfectly in order for him to be successful. He isn't showing leadership that picks up his team in spite of those problems. Winning QBs do.

He's resorting to throwing side-arm on a lot of his throws. I thought he was given more control to audible and control more play calling, but he truly plays as if he's lost out there. Yeah Moulds missed routes, but weren't he and Drew supposed to be the team's No. 1 offensive threat? But they both look like rooks out there.

MM had him releasing quick in the preseason, and I saw a lot of it early in the first game. He was beating blitzes with slants and good audibles. That pressure was coming in very fast, 1-2 secs just like now. So what happened?

As you note, there's a lot of stats on this team which are the result of a poor team – we can all take our pick. Too me, my fav is the 3rd down conversion battle. Our D can't stop teams from converting them, (due to a weak secondary and tendancy to play off the ball; and our O can't make them, due to the go-deep mindset. When Willis and Henry run in tandem, we will keep teams off-balance. I don't see Henry having much success up the gut, but rather outside. I think though that MM emphasising (sp) the run WITHOUT keeping a check-off guy (a la Centers) has hurt.

Which goes to my point that Drew is a guy that needs a lot of weapons around him to be effective, rather than a Brad Johnson, or a Dilfer that doesn't.

Demon
10-12-2004, 12:37 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN COULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the reason we are 0-4, doenst take a rocket scientist to see that..

He's right as in the O-Line is pathetic. However, theres much more problems then just the O-Line.

G. Host
10-12-2004, 07:38 PM

At least he can count. He has not been here 5 years.
2001 Season
2002 Season
2003 Season
2004 Season (not yet complete)

Donahoe's fault is he is TOO hands off. He should have scrutinized Gregg Williams's choices more. Williams has his hands tied because he was made head coach late waiting for Lewis but Donahoe should have told Williams that he needed better coaches not be impressed with his list.

Supposedly according to many posters Ruben Brown and the other guard position were the weaknesses and both have been replaced and we are having as many penalities now. Mike Mularkey needs to take some blame for not using extra week of practice he was given as a new head coach.

Bert102176
10-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Just heard on sportscenter.

they are pathetic, but I'm happy I'll be at the Dolphins game to see the Bills run over them

Jayhawk
10-13-2004, 10:18 PM
damn that USC education is really helping him. ANybody could tell you that. HEck my mother says that every day, and she's not an expert, thou she does know her sports.

The King
10-14-2004, 07:24 AM

I think that draft pick has the number 21 on his back? Or maybe number 82?
I am not saying that McGahee and Reed are not capable players but after bringing Drew in this line should have been addressed their really is no excuse for that.

Then again Ruben Brown ended up falling apart, Mike Williams was over rated, so like someone said yesterday there were attempts to fix it, they were just not very good.

Hemlepp53
10-14-2004, 09:04 AM

LoL.. Funny.. I Must Of Missed It Last TIme I Read The Thread

Hemlepp53
10-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Why would anyone be suprised by these comments. I think they are dead on.

He is just saying what 90% of us on here have been saying for going on 2 years now.

ryjam Your right... Its just no one wanted to go that far out on a limb and speak like that and be called a fool. So many people do that take credit from Drew.. he isnt a Vick but he isnt a complete bust at QB position either. The coaching and Front office should of made it first on the list to fix the OL espically after all they invest in Bledsoe... Just my thoughts. Dont Blame Drew Blame TD and the Front Office