PDA

View Full Version : imagine

BillsNYC
11-11-2002, 11:05 AM
where would we be if we would have drafted julius peppers right now.....

Judge
11-11-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
where would we be if we would have drafted julius peppers right now.....

It was impossible to do so- he went before our first pick, didn't he?

Why imagine something totally impossible? Instead, let's imagine what McKinnie would have been like if he held out here, or if Roy Williams or an available D player had been taken.

WG
11-11-2002, 11:34 AM
But the choice was Bledsoe or D. We went w/ Bledsoe and for now there's not too many reasons to think we went wrong.

At least we'll be in a position to make sure that we can focus entirely on the D.

My position before the start of the season was that drafting or getting D via FAcy would help us win more games. But the question is which would help us more for next season?

Getting D this season and then focusing on a little bit of D this offseason and a QB; or getting Drew and then having to almost completely revamp our D this offseason.

I think the jury is out on that one. Then as well, no one thought we would have the depth and breadth of coaching issues that we now have either.

It begs debate...

:D

Judge
11-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
But the choice was Bledsoe or D.

:D

Why do you say that? We could have selected a defensive player with our first pick instead of Mike Williams, had Trey Teague or 1 of the other free agents line up at OLT, and still trade for Drew.

BillsNYC
11-11-2002, 11:41 AM
i agree...i think we could have traded up for peppers and still have gotten drew...

Judge
11-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
i agree...i think we could have traded up for peppers and still have gotten drew...

Really? I don't know about that.

colin
11-11-2002, 11:44 AM
Freakin peppers is SICK.

He would turn our lack luster D, especially our crappy front seven, into a huge force. I think we would have 20 more sacks, and many more turnovers, if we had Peppers.

Typ0
11-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Beefing up the OLine was a must happen if we were going for Bledsoe. I could say the same about a running game but we don't run the ball. Go figure.

WG
11-11-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Judge

Why do you say that? We could have selected a defensive player with our first pick instead of Mike Williams, had Trey Teague or 1 of the other free agents line up at OLT, and still trade for Drew.

Yeah, but don't forget, Drew absolutely needs a good OL. We really needed some OL-men and we really needed Williams who's turned out to be the best OL in the draft thus far IMO, to protect Drew. So if we made a move to get Drew, then we had to go get an OL, either via draft of FAcy, to help protect him.

Peppers was never an option for us. MO.

You simply can't do everything in one season. Just remember how sad we were last year. Not a great OL. Poor QBs. D was sad, unfortunately maybe not as sad as this year's D. Anyway, we made up quite a bit of ground. This offseason will be key. I just hope we don't try to shop in the "bargain bin" in order to meet all of our needs.

Ebenezer
11-11-2002, 11:50 AM
This whole thread is irrelevant. Peppers went #2 in the draft. We drafted 4th. We would have had to trade up to get him. It would have cost us more picks and we would not have Mike Williams. Discussing this is mental masturbation.

colin
11-11-2002, 11:57 AM
What the hell are forums for? It's all mental masturbation.

BillsNYC
11-11-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
This whole thread is irrelevant. Peppers went #2 in the draft. We drafted 4th. We would have had to trade up to get him. It would have cost us more picks and we would not have Mike Williams. Discussing this is mental masturbation.

I WISH!!!!!

ArcticWildMan
11-11-2002, 12:47 PM
We weren't interested in Peppers. I think TD really wanted Harrington but he wasn't going to pass on Big Mike with Harrington gone.

Marcos20
11-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
We weren't interested in Peppers. I think TD really wanted Harrington but he wasn't going to pass on Big Mike with Harrington gone.

i agree with that ....

Peppers was imposible to get... instead we coul draft Henderson or Simms .. instead of Big Mike ... but.. whatever.. i like what TD did on offseason