PDA

View Full Version : Here's the President of the TD Fan Club!!

Earthquake Enyart
10-11-2004, 06:26 AM
:mad:

don137
10-11-2004, 06:58 AM
:mad:

The sad part is who would of thought the Chargers would be picking in a worse spot with the extra pick from the Giants for Eli Manning than the Cowboys from their pick they get from the Bills.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2004, 07:02 AM
Is there anyone who still doesn't think TD gave up the top 5 pick in next years draft?

Jayhawk
10-11-2004, 07:02 AM
great we are going to give the Cowboys another chance to win the bloody stupid bowl.

Big M
10-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Didn't we use that pick for Losman,our next QB ? You did watch Bledslow plod around for 3 1/2 quarters again yesterday, correct ? So some 22 year old, unproven Cap killer ( see Mike Williams ) is your answer to turning it completely around for 2005 ? Wouldn't a proven Vet in March Free Agency be more prudent ?

Brilliant post. Lots of insight.

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Didn't we use that pick for Losman,our next QB ? You did watch Bledslow plod around for 3 1/2 quarters again yesterday, correct ? So some 22 year old, unproven Cap killer ( see Mike Williams ) is your answer to turning it completely around for 2005 ? Wouldn't a proven Vet in March Free Agency be more prudent ?

Brilliant post. Lots of insight.

yeah.. if there is one thing that really doesnt bother me too much, it is giving up that pick to get losman.. people quickly forget that we had 2 first round picks this year.. we got our qb of the future..

would you guys feel better if we drafted someone like QB kyle orton from purdue with that top 5 pick? i mean it is obvious that one of our biggest needs is a QB.. and OL can be had all day in the draft and in free agency.. so then we are paying our new top 5 rookie qb an absolutely ridiculous amount of money, and he wouldnt be ready to play, and his bust factor is just as high as losman..

or we have losman, who has looked promising in the preseason, cost 5x less than a top 5 pick, and has a year under his belt while the new rookies are just getting their playbooks..

i really dont mind the move.. and we will most likely get A first round pick back from henry.

it will be ok guys... at least as far as this move is concerned.

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 08:07 AM
i think the main thing that gets under peoples skin is that the ONLY benefit of being as ****ing aweful as we are this year is getting that covetted high draft pick..

and we dont get to look forward to that..

but look at it this way.. the 2nd round pick we get will be just like a really late first rounder. :rofl:

Hemlepp53
10-11-2004, 08:44 AM
yeah.. if there is one thing that really doesnt bother me too much, it is giving up that pick to get losman.. people quickly forget that we had 2 first round picks this year.. we got our qb of the future..

I for one am happy with the JP grab. I think it will pan out to benifit us greatly in the future of our ball club. Again I agree .. The o line can be formed out of draft and FA this up comming off season. We did get the best we could for the QB position this year. If we had waited there is no telling what we could of ended up with...

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2004, 09:03 AM

would you guys feel better if we drafted someone like QB kyle orton from purdue with that top 5 pick? i mean it is obvious that one of our biggest needs is a QB.. and OL can be had all day in the draft and in free agency.. so then we are paying our new top 5 rookie qb an absolutely ridiculous amount of money, and he wouldnt be ready to play, and his bust factor is just as high as losman..

or we have losman, who has looked promising in the preseason, cost 5x less than a top 5 pick, and has a year under his belt while the new rookies are just getting their playbooks..

i really dont mind the move.. and we will most likely get A first round pick back from henry.

:scratch: hmmmmm, what could the Bills have done.

Gunzlingr
10-11-2004, 09:04 AM

Good post, I have been thinking the same thing since reading about how weak the draft class this year is supposed to be.

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2004, 08:22 PM

it will be ok guys... at least as far as this move is concerned.Good point and I agree, although I always like to remind people that we also gave up our #2 pick this year and that Grove, who is starting at center this year for the Raiders, was still available when our pick came up. Just mentioning that to underline the cost for JP and the resulting higher "bust" factor if he indeed busts.

But I have faith he won't!

:nervous:

Dozerdog
10-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Is there anyone who still doesn't think TD gave up the top 5 pick in next years draft?

Teams that will pick before the traded dallas pick

Miami
San fran
Chicago
Cleveland
Tampa Bay

Teams Picking in our neighborhood-

Arizona
San Diego
Redskins
Green Bay

We could pass them if we beat them

Bengals
Outside shot at the Steelers

Giants if they hit some bumps in the road

JJamezz
10-11-2004, 08:30 PM
How about Bledsoe and Henry for our #1 pick back?

:D:D:D

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Teams that will pick before the traded dallas pick

Miami
San fran
Chicago
Cleveland
Tampa Bay

Teams Picking in our neighborhood-

Arizona
San Diego