PDA

View Full Version : So this is what it feels like to be a Cardinals fan

Pride
10-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Good

1. Props to the Offense, Coaching, and Bledsoe for bringing back the deep ball. Its amazing how the offense clicks when the defense has to respect passes over 15 yards! You could see it in the 4th quarter, the ground game opened up, and we were moving the ball swiftly.

2. Mooreman. With the windy conditions at the stadium, he still did a great job at angling punts. I think he only had 1 short punt (not bad for the 5-6 times he punted)

3. Defensive Line Pressure. I actually saw some semblance of a DL pressure yesterday. I thought Edwards looked good, and Kelsay made a play early. Still needs to improve, but at least it was something!

4. I felt the OL did a great job most of the day. Especially against a VERY strong DL. There were many times where Bledsoe had a nice pocket, and was able to step INTO his through, rather than falling back.

Bad

1. JERRY GRAY!!! Hey **** head! Why do your defenses melt down in the 4th quarter? Guys out of place, WR's wide open, holes large enough for a mack truck to run through. After being down the whole day, you are up by 1 point with 3 minutes left. So the Jets move the ball down the field like a hot knife through butter. Pathetic! JG needs to go, while his bend but dont break defense is fine the first 3 quarters, this last 5 minutes BS needs to stop!

2. Although Bledsoe played well overall, the 2nd to last play of the game (sack) was completely his fault. He didnt attempt to avoid the pressure. If he had side stepped to his right 3 feet, he would have been free and clear to make a solid pass. Instead, he crumbled at the hint of pressure. Unfortunately, this happens alot!

3. Penalties. While we were mistake free most of the game, it reared its ugly head and became a problem later in the game. Stupid penalties too.

Thats it for now!

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 07:45 AM
good post..