PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to say it.....

Kolbiss
10-11-2004, 08:59 AM
The "strength of this team"...the Defense, is sub par at best. this is possibly the most frustrating team I have ever watched. When it is 3rd and long you can almost count on a huge gain for first down. When the other team is on the goal line or even close, just fake the hand off and throw it to the tight end, it works every time. This is a bend heavily, and break in the 4th quarter D!!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Why are you sorry to say the painful truth?

Kolbiss
10-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Why are you sorry to say the painful truth?

Because the vast majority of the fans, have pretty much over rated this defense for the last two years. If you watch a game,.....they just are not good.

OpIv37
10-11-2004, 09:06 AM
The "strength of this team"...the Defense, is sub par at best. this is possibly the most frustrating team I have ever watched. When it is 3rd and long you can almost count on a huge gain for first down. When the other team is on the goal line or even close, just fake the hand off and throw it to the tight end, it works every time. This is a bend heavily, and break in the 4th quarter D!!!

it's the scheming. The D is too aggressive and good QB's and coaches know how to beat it. On goal line plays, Jerry Gray stacks the box- if it's a running play, the O gets stuffed and the D looks incredible. But the right pass play will beat it every time.

Also don't forget we had 3 injured DB's going into the game, including 2 Pro Bowlers. Without the injuries and with better planning, this D can live up to the hype.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2004, 09:57 AM
As I've said before, our D - healthy or injured - couldn't stop a critical 3rd down play with an elephant gun and a box of grenades. I don't think it's coaching or schemes. I think it's overrated personnel and lack of chemistry.

This team simply isn't exceptionally talented and doesn't play together.

lordofgun
10-11-2004, 09:59 AM
:rofl: at your sig, danny.

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2004, 10:03 AM
ROFL ditto

Turf
10-11-2004, 10:27 AM
This is no doubt a paper tiger defense.
They choke when they're needed as in the end of the game or 3rd and 25. And almost every game starts with the other team having an 8 minute drive in the 1st quarter.
We could easily be 2-2 if the D made a couple clutch plays.

Drewpac
10-11-2004, 11:20 AM

It's pretty ridiculous to call the D "sub-par". I agree that they're not one of the top 5 defenses in the league, but they're certainly average to above-average. They've given up 13, 13, 24, and 16 points in the four games this season. That's not sub-par. We would be talking about how good our D is if the offense would have made some plays in the first couple of weeks.

Kolbiss
10-11-2004, 03:31 PM
It's pretty ridiculous to call the D "sub-par". I agree that they're not one of the top 5 defenses in the league, but they're certainly average to above-average. They've given up 13, 13, 24, and 16 points in the four games this season. That's not sub-par. We would be talking about how good our D is if the offense would have made some plays in the first couple of weeks.

Ok, there par................does that make you feel any better???? :scared:

Kolbiss
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM

Thanks!....I wish it wasn't true.