The absolute worst part of this season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolffman
    • Jul 2004

The absolute worst part of this season...

Is how we don't have our 1st round pick. I bet we'll go 4-12, and give Dallas our number 4 pick.

Losman better be the next Jim Kelly.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

It seems like some people still do not understand the full reasoning behind trading away next years #1

The quality QB list in next years draft is extremely short. In fact, may only include 1-2 QBs worth taking. In essence JP is our first round draft pick next year, PLUS he gets an extra year in our system! If he plays during the second half of the season (like many predict) those are games that a rookie we drafted in April wouldnt have been playing in, and experience he would have missed.

I love the pick up. And no matter how you slice it, we would have need to get a QB at #4 next year anyway. Which means MUCH bigger contract for that rookie.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The word is that he's the next Brett Favre.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wolffman
          Is how we don't have our 1st round pick. I bet we'll go 4-12, and give Dallas our number 4 pick.

Losman better be the next Jim Kelly.
          thanks for reading what I've been saying since April...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            The word is that he's the next Brett Favre.
            heck I take that.
            http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

No, the worst part is watching this team play mindless, lifeless, undisciplined football week after week.

I'm actually looking forward to next year, when Losman, McGahee and Evans - all first round picks - might actually provide some offense.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

But we'll still have the same O-line.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

At least we'll get a good pick in the second round

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Trade Henry we could get a late 1st rounder?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

not the way he's been playing
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                        It seems like some people still do not understand the full reasoning behind trading away next years #1

The quality QB list in next years draft is extremely short. In fact, may only include 1-2 QBs worth taking. In essence JP is our first round draft pick next year, PLUS he gets an extra year in our system! If he plays during the second half of the season (like many predict) those are games that a rookie we drafted in April wouldnt have been playing in, and experience he would have missed.

I love the pick up. And no matter how you slice it, we would have need to get a QB at #4 next year anyway. Which means MUCH bigger contract for that rookie.
                        This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Everyone knows we need a QB- even Bledsoe's supporters know he's at the end of his career and won't be a starter much longer. If TD didnt' do something to get a QB in the off-season, we'd be kicking and screaming about it now. The only available QB's worth noting were Warner and Brunell, who are both past their primes and overpaid (ie, Bledsoe with a different name on the back of their jerseys).

If TD didn't get a QB, people would be pissed about it. Since he got a QB, people are pissed that he "wasted" a draft pick (and it will probably be a good draft pick at that).

Personally, I think it was worth it- we have a potential QB of the future on the roster (it's too early to tell for sure), and at the very least he may be able to take his rookie lumps towards the end of this season to speed his development. I agree w/Pride- when next season starts, we'll have a QB with half a season of experience instead of a rookie with a huge contract and no experience.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

until Minnesota put in Meadaw (sp?) yesterday I would have said yes.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            until Minnesota put in Meadaw (sp?) yesterday I would have said yes.
                            mewelday moore is a scat back.. any rb you put in minnesota's line up is going to do well behind that oline.. that is obvious.. bennett, onterio smith, mo williams, now moore.. and they have another kid larry ned, that would be fine in their line up too..

sorry but no one is going to say.. hey.. we wanted henry, but moore had one decent game.. we are going after him instead.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              mewelday moore is a scat back.. any rb you put in minnesota's line up is going to do well behind that oline.. that is obvious.. bennett, onterio smith, mo williams, now moore.. and they have another kid larry ned, that would be fine in their line up too..

sorry but no one is going to say.. hey.. we wanted henry, but moore had one decent game.. we are going after him instead.
                              if anyone can succeed behind that line then why would they pay a #1 for Henry? makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X