PDA

View Full Version : The absolute worst part of this season...

Wolffman
10-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Is how we don't have our 1st round pick. I bet we'll go 4-12, and give Dallas our number 4 pick.

Losman better be the next Jim Kelly.

BAM
10-11-2004, 10:47 AM
http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/beatdeadhorse.gif

Pride
10-11-2004, 10:50 AM
It seems like some people still do not understand the full reasoning behind trading away next years #1

The quality QB list in next years draft is extremely short. In fact, may only include 1-2 QBs worth taking. In essence JP is our first round draft pick next year, PLUS he gets an extra year in our system! If he plays during the second half of the season (like many predict) those are games that a rookie we drafted in April wouldnt have been playing in, and experience he would have missed.

I love the pick up. And no matter how you slice it, we would have need to get a QB at #4 next year anyway. Which means MUCH bigger contract for that rookie.

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2004, 10:50 AM
The word is that he's the next Brett Favre.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Is how we don't have our 1st round pick. I bet we'll go 4-12, and give Dallas our number 4 pick.

Losman better be the next Jim Kelly.
thanks for reading what I've been saying since April...

Jayhawk
10-11-2004, 10:54 AM
The word is that he's the next Brett Favre.
heck I take that.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2004, 10:58 AM
No, the worst part is watching this team play mindless, lifeless, undisciplined football week after week.

I'm actually looking forward to next year, when Losman, McGahee and Evans - all first round picks - might actually provide some offense.

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2004, 11:06 AM
But we'll still have the same O-line. :cry:

don137
10-11-2004, 11:43 AM
At least we'll get a good pick in the second round :dance:

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Trade Henry we could get a late 1st rounder?

OpIv37
10-11-2004, 11:55 AM

not the way he's been playing

OpIv37
10-11-2004, 12:03 PM
It seems like some people still do not understand the full reasoning behind trading away next years #1

The quality QB list in next years draft is extremely short. In fact, may only include 1-2 QBs worth taking. In essence JP is our first round draft pick next year, PLUS he gets an extra year in our system! If he plays during the second half of the season (like many predict) those are games that a rookie we drafted in April wouldnt have been playing in, and experience he would have missed.

I love the pick up. And no matter how you slice it, we would have need to get a QB at #4 next year anyway. Which means MUCH bigger contract for that rookie.

This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Everyone knows we need a QB- even Bledsoe's supporters know he's at the end of his career and won't be a starter much longer. If TD didnt' do something to get a QB in the off-season, we'd be kicking and screaming about it now. The only available QB's worth noting were Warner and Brunell, who are both past their primes and overpaid (ie, Bledsoe with a different name on the back of their jerseys).

If TD didn't get a QB, people would be pissed about it. Since he got a QB, people are pissed that he "wasted" a draft pick (and it will probably be a good draft pick at that).

Personally, I think it was worth it- we have a potential QB of the future on the roster (it's too early to tell for sure), and at the very least he may be able to take his rookie lumps towards the end of this season to speed his development. I agree w/Pride- when next season starts, we'll have a QB with half a season of experience instead of a rookie with a huge contract and no experience.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 12:14 PM
until Minnesota put in Meadaw (sp?) yesterday I would have said yes.

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 12:18 PM
until Minnesota put in Meadaw (sp?) yesterday I would have said yes.

mewelday moore is a scat back.. any rb you put in minnesota's line up is going to do well behind that oline.. that is obvious.. bennett, onterio smith, mo williams, now moore.. and they have another kid larry ned, that would be fine in their line up too..

sorry but no one is going to say.. hey.. we wanted henry, but moore had one decent game.. we are going after him instead.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 12:22 PM
mewelday moore is a scat back.. any rb you put in minnesota's line up is going to do well behind that oline.. that is obvious.. bennett, onterio smith, mo williams, now moore.. and they have another kid larry ned, that would be fine in their line up too..

sorry but no one is going to say.. hey.. we wanted henry, but moore had one decent game.. we are going after him instead.
if anyone can succeed behind that line then why would they pay a #1 for Henry? makes no sense.

Tatonka
10-11-2004, 12:27 PM
ahh.. i misunderstood you.. i thought you ment that teams in need of a RB would now try to trade for moore over henry.. you were saying that the vikings would have wanted henry..

gotcha.

yeah.. idont think the vikes were every a posibility.. they have plenty of talent at rb.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
ahh.. i misunderstood you.. i thought you ment that teams in need of a RB would now try to trade for moore over henry.. you were saying that the vikings would have wanted henry..

gotcha.

yeah.. idont think the vikes were every a posibility.. they have plenty of talent at rb.
even Denver finds new life in Rhueben Draughnes...when it rains it pours...I can't see TD even getting back the 2nd he spent on TH let alone a first.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2004, 01:56 PM
No, the worst part is watching this team play mindless, lifeless, undisciplined football week after week.

I'm actually looking forward to next year, when Losman, McGahee and Evans - all first round picks - might actually provide some offense.

if donna ho could only get some OL help for these guys.otherwise,next season will be the same as this season.