PDA

View Full Version : Let's Be Honest. . .We Lack the Personnel to Win Consistently

Jan Reimers
10-11-2004, 12:30 PM
After watching this team, isn't it obvious that:

There is little talent on the O line.
Bledsoe lacks the mobility to be effective in today's NFL.
Moulds may no longer even be among the league's top 20 WRs.
Henry lacks the burst to be a big play RB.
None of our TEs will ever be mistaken for Gonzo, Shockey, or Heep.

We lack a dominant DE, despite Schobel's big contract.
Our starting DTs are getting a little long in the tooth.
The LBs are good, but often play out of control.
Milloy and Vincent were much better 5 years ago.
Reese, Wire and Prioleau should be seeking new careers.

This is not to say that we don't have some pretty good players, and that guys like Losman, Evans, McGahee, Euhus, Anderson, McGee, Baker and a few others give us hope for the future.

Right now, though, our core players are just not good enough to win too many games.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 12:32 PM

:bf1: 100% correct...same problems we have had since Wolford and Ballard left...

wait until you read this weeks Up My Flagpole!

OpIv37
10-11-2004, 12:34 PM

This is not to say that we don't have some pretty good players, and that guys like Losman, Evans, McGahee, Euhus, Anderson, McGee, Baker and a few others give us hope for the future.

Right now, though, our core players are just not good enough to win too many games.

I agree except on Moulds- he hasn't been playing well this year, but given the play of Drew and particularly the O-line, he hasn't been given a chance. That's not to say he's still the player that he was two years ago- I just think he needs a chance to prove it.

And I blame all of this on TD- he has gone after talent, but never seemed to have a coherent plan for putting together a winning team. He also goes after players too late in their careers, and the young guys won't have much of a shot at success unless the O-line is fixed and we get more pressure on the opposing QB.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 12:35 PM
that guys like Losman, Evans, McGahee, Euhus, Anderson, McGee, Baker and a few others give us hope for the future.

Losman - zero plays in the NFL
Anderson - zero plays in the NFL
Euhus - barely over incomplete on the grading scale
Baker - burned a couple of times this year
McGee - had trouble covering aging Cherbet yesterday

Sorry, I am not as optimistic as some...it is hard to believe in low round draft choices and free agents when the same people who put forth these guys complain about TD and his 1st and 2nd round draft choices...

jbisset
10-11-2004, 12:56 PM

I think you are a little hard on this team. The oline is very very bad. However, all the other parts of the ofense is not that bad. Henry does have NFL speed but he is getting hurt alot this year - not a good sign. I do not think either Moulds or Bledsoe are having their best year but they are not that bad. On Defense we need another big time rushing DE. This will be a long year but we do have skilled players on this team.

Charlieguide
10-11-2004, 01:34 PM
I think you are a little hard on this team. The oline is very very bad. However, all the other parts of the ofense is not that bad. . . This will be a long year but we do have skilled players on this team.

THANK YOU!! There's a cause-and-effect, here, people. During the game, one of the announcers said "you can't blame that on the QB, he has no time!" Sean Salisbury called our OL 'the definition of pathetic.' Someone else on ESPN called it Swiss cheese. And we've been seeing improvement!!!!!

When an OL stinks as bad as ours (and it's been this bad since the Todd Collins "era"), you can't criticize anyone else, at least not in this case. And that's not coming from me, it's all over the analytical shows like NFL Live. Experts, you might say. The front office and coaches need to see this, and jump on it like flies on ****.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2004, 01:40 PM
you need to control the "trenches" on both sides of the ball.the OL has been an eyesore since butler was here.

Typ0
10-11-2004, 01:41 PM
apparently we lack the personnel to win at all.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2004, 01:46 PM
On Defense we need another big time rushing DE.
We also need a free safety, probably even more than we need a DE.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Sorry, I am not as optimistic as some...it is hard to believe in low round draft choices and free agents when the same people who put forth these guys complain about TD and his 1st and 2nd round draft choices...
I'm really not that optimistic either, Eb, but I'm contractually obligated to two more years of season tickets beyond this one, and I really need at least a ray of hope to cling to.

NC-BILLS44
10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Hang in there Jan!! I've learned to look at this team through the eyes of my kids. They are always optimistic.
Besides, I can't swear with them watching my reaction during the game.

jbisset
10-11-2004, 07:46 PM
We also need a free safety, probably even more than we need a DE.

A good passing rushing DE will make your FS job easier