PDA

View Full Version : Pass interferance?!?

BillsNick
10-11-2004, 12:57 PM
The rediculous part about this season, is that we are about 3 plays, and 4 or five Bad Calls away from being 4-0. That B.S. pass Int call on Pierson in the endzone, was just another in a long line of blatently terrible calls on the Bills that change the outcome of the game.:cynic: Something really has to be done about the officiating.

3 games we've lost by 3 points or less. :cry:

Dozerdog
10-11-2004, 01:00 PM
The rediculous part about this season, is that we are about 3 plays, and 4 or five Bad Calls away from being 4-0. That B.S. pass Int call on Pierson in the endzone, was just another in a long line of blatently terrible calls on the Bills that change the outcome of the game.:cynic: Something really has to be done about the officiating.

Careful- i brought that up yesterday and was blasted as "a Blatant homer" :homer:

There was just as much if not more "touching without looking at the ball" on Moulds' first long incompletion in the first drive, as well as Evans' TD catch.

Hemlepp53
10-11-2004, 01:01 PM
The rediculous part about this season, is that we are about 3 plays, and 4 or five Bad Calls away from being 4-0. That B.S. pass Int call on Pierson in the endzone, .

Hate To Say It Man.. The Officiating Is What It Is... We Got Instant Replay Fro Coaching Staff To Review And Call For Reviews.. Nothing We Can Do
If It Isnt Used.. So By Saying "was just another in a long line of blatently terrible calls on the Bills that change the outcome of the game.:cynic: Something really has to be done about the officiating." All you are going to hear is this ... :violin:

:gobills:

Dozerdog
10-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Hate To Say It Man.. The Officiating Is What It Is... We Got Instant Replay Fro Coaching Staff To Review And Call For Reviews.. Nothing We Can Do
If It Isnt Used.. So By Saying "was just another in a long line of blatently terrible calls on the Bills that change the outcome of the game.:cynic: Something really has to be done about the officiating." All you are going to hear is this ... :violin:

:gobills:

Can't ask for a replay on Pass interference

Charlieguide
10-11-2004, 01:09 PM
I agree, officiating is inconsistent. The good teams would say that you shouldn't be in the position where one bad call makes the difference, but that's what you get with The Almighty Parity.

I wonder if there's any kind of system in place to prevent payoffs, or if it's just an honor system. Sure, the officials get graded each week, and the best get bonus time/pay in the postseason. But I've seen several "bad calls," and many flags seem to be thrown just a little late (Prioleau jumps the route, hits the ball, and slides, the WR turns to the official, and then you see the flag). Maybe the official is reviewing it in his head to check himself, but could he be awaiting the outcome of the play, to see if this is the one he should "fudge?"

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 01:14 PM
There was just as much if not more "touching without looking at the ball" on Moulds' first long incompletion in the first drive, as well as Evans' TD catch.

If Evans locks his arm straight then he can be called for offensive pass interference...he got a little lucky.

Cntrygal
10-11-2004, 01:16 PM
The officiating didn't lose this game for us. Did it contribute? Sure, but it didn't lose the game for us.

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 01:19 PM
The officiating didn't lose this game for us. Did it contribute? Sure, but it didn't lose the game for us.
actually, i thought it was the best officiated game we have had this year...i didn't see it having an affect on the outcome at all...

if the defense holds in the 4th we win...simple as that.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2004, 01:23 PM

the only game where i could really blame the refs would be the oakland game.i can't really blame the refs for us being 0-4.if we weren't such a lousy disciplined team,we wouldn't be in this position.

OpIv37
10-11-2004, 01:33 PM

I have to agree with this- the officiating has been terrible because it has been inconsistent. If they're gonna call Prioleau in the endzone, you have to call it on the Jets when they pulled Moulds' jersey on third down. When the officiating is consistent, the players can adjust and if they get flagged, they know what they did. But too many times this year, I've seen the refs call the Bills for minor penalties, then let their opponents get away with murder (ie the personal foul on Fletcher, but they didn't call McGinest when he threw the Bills TE to the ground after the play).

I don't completely blame the officials cuz the Bills blew plenty of chances in all their games. But these types of calls affect the outcome in close games.

BillsNick
10-11-2004, 05:26 PM
actually, i thought it was the best officiated game we have had this year...i didn't see it having an affect on the outcome at all...

if the defense holds in the 4th we win...simple as that.

Well, if that garbage call isn't made, we may have stopped them, or at least held them to a field goal, and it's a different game completely, so I have to say, that call most certainly had an effect on the outcome of the game.

As far as "Best Officiated" game we've had, I just don't see it.

HenryRules
10-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Sorry, that was pass interference and will be called every single week.

You cannot wrap your arm around a defender's back before he catches the ball directly in front of the official and expect anything other than a flag.

RedEyE
10-11-2004, 06:38 PM
I've watched around a dozen games this year, and there are at least 2-3 bad calls in each game.

Let's face it guys, it's part of the game. Some times the call are going to go our way, other times they don't. We all have selective memories to the plays that don't, especially when they negatively effect the outcome of a game.

Truth be told, had the Bills drove the field and scored a game winning TD in the final 2 minutes of that particular game, none of us would have found this necessary to expose.

juice
10-11-2004, 06:53 PM
You cannot wrap your arm around a defender's back before he catches the ball directly in front of the official and expect anything other than a flag.
Thats exactly how a DB is coached to defend.. as long as you dont impede the Recievers progress you are allowed to keep one arm behind while swatting at the ball with the other hand.

HenryRules
10-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Thats exactly how a DB is coached to defend.. as long as you dont impede the Recievers progress you are allowed to keep one arm behind while swatting at the ball with the other hand.

When I played, we coached the DB's to have their hand ready to go behind the back of the receiver so that you could tackle him (i.e. don't put both hands in front of the receiver unless you pick it off). However, it was not to put a hand on the receiver before the pass gets there. That's a penalty. You can't touch the guy.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-11-2004, 10:28 PM
HenryRules said it best..

Prielou if you look at the play could have picked that ball off pretty easily..