PDA

View Full Version : Up My Flagpole 10/11/04

Ebenezer
10-11-2004, 01:39 PM
The latest Up My Flagpole is on the front page!

Hollywood, as some say, is the place where dreams come true. All good movies or books start off with one basic principle. A good plot. The story is merely the actions that describe how the plot occurred. In theory, the Buffalo Bills devised a great plot. Going into the Tom Donahoe-era the plot was to have the Bills offensive unit play smash mouth, mistake free football and have a punishing defensive unit that contains the opponent’s offense. There were only two problems. The script has very few lines completed and the scriptwriters placed the wrong actors in the parts of the offensive and defensive linemen.

After a 0-4 start fans are starting to beat the bushes that they want to see JP Losman and Willis McGahee play in place of Drew Bledsoe and Travis Henry. Fine. So be it. Funny, but the lessons of Super Bowls XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII have been lost on the Buffalo Bills and their fans. The “secret” to winning in the NFL, on a consistent basis, is to have two strong lines and win the battles in the trenches. Yes, every so often a St. Louis Rams team comes along and screws the paradigm but long term success, as scripted by the Bills producers and directors, requires good line play.

Flagpole (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2004/10/11/up_my_flagpole_101104_read_between_the_lines.php)
:feedback: