PDA

View Full Version : Instant Replay needs changes

BillsNick
10-11-2004, 07:07 PM
I think that a team should be able to challenge a penalty. The way I look at it, if you can challenge the Official ruling on the field, you should be able to challenge the penalty. I also think they need to take a look at the I.R. rules on fumbles.

Dozerdog
10-11-2004, 07:12 PM
No sports league will ever challenge "Judgement Plays" - it will make refs call absolutely nothing or overdue it by calling everything.

It's only used in black & White situations- foot in bouds or out- that kind of thing

RedEyE
10-11-2004, 07:14 PM
The rules are as they are to keep review times to a minimum. Remember the first season.... freaking games were running 10-20 minutes over into regular television programming. Took too much from the game. Personally, I accept the current rules and believe that they work just fine.

HenryRules
10-11-2004, 07:14 PM
I think that a team should be able to challenge a penalty. The way I look at it, if you can challenge the Official ruling on the field, you should be able to challenge the penalty. I also think they need to take a look at the I.R. rules on fumbles.

The games take long enough as it is. I really think the officiating problem is getting overblown.

Marvelous
10-11-2004, 07:39 PM
I agree theres nees to be more accuracy on penaltys. Like pass inter.
PI should be challengable, it's the same as a foot in or out i mean if a ref wasn't sure on a deep pass it's not like there another ref deep with him..

Maybe more refs per game, so they can cover more ground.
And yes we are getting raped on penaltys this year. maybe theres other teams getting it too but this has gotten my attention..

G. Host
10-11-2004, 08:13 PM
What needs to happen is that the blind Zebras who miss plays in front of them get canned from their part time, full time paid jobs. When the Zebras were on strike the substitutes did a much better job. Jets' OL was hanging all over Aaron Schobel.