PDA

View Full Version : McNally

chernobylwraiths
10-12-2004, 06:29 AM
said at the beginning of the season that there were too many expectations for this team to go screwing around with the Oline. He was toying with the idea of putting Mike Williams at guard. Well, I think the time has come to start toying with some ideas like that. Putting Williams in at LG and putting Price in at RT would help IMO. In the least, I think it would put our five best players on the line (not that that means much considering the talent).

What really had me baffled was that Jennings completely wiffed on a couple of blocks allowing Abraham to come at Bledsoe virtually untouched. And Jason Taylor is virtually the same type of DE.

Jayhawk
10-12-2004, 06:47 AM
what is really showing with this offensive line, is that you can have coaching, and more coaching, but the players don't want it. I mean we have one tackle that gets injured by looking at a football field, another tackle that just doesn't try hard enough. Centers that have NEVER PLAYED center before, and a guard that was on a practice squad. Basically you could have the best coach ever if the players don't want it, it don't matter. The oline on this team blows and they don't care

RedEyE
10-12-2004, 10:30 AM
what is really showing with this offensive line, is that you can have coaching, and more coaching, but the players don't want it.

Great point.

I over heard Parcells fielding questions from the media the other day about the amount of penaltys on the Dallas OL. Parcell responded with this question:

"How do you coach concentration. You can tell them, 'Don't listen to the count, watch the ball.', but when they get out on the field they don't do what you told them. How do you coach concentration?"

It's on the players to step up and allow themselves to be coached.