PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

chernobylwraiths
10-12-2004, 10:41 AM
did anybody else here even CONSIDER trying for the really long field goal on Sunday? I thought about it because I saw that Lindell had that touchback kicking in the same direction. I'm just asking because I wonder which would be less likely to happen. Somebody screw up and allow the ball to bet caught AND taken into the endzone or a wind aided 70 yarder?

It also brings up another question. How come the ball never made it into the endzone. I think at that point it was a 50 yard throw. I didn't think that would be a problem for Bledsoe from there with the wind (getting the ball into the end zone).

juice
10-12-2004, 10:49 AM
did anybody else here even CONSIDER trying for the really long field goal on Sunday? I thought about it because I saw that Lindell had that touchback kicking in the same direction. I'm just asking because I wonder which would be less likely to happen. Somebody screw up and allow the ball to bet caught AND taken into the endzone or a wind aided 70 yarder?

It also brings up another question. How come the ball never made it into the endzone. I think at that point it was a 50 yard throw. I didn't think that would be a problem for Bledsoe from there with the wind (getting the ball into the end zone).
One reason is that you put it a little short to give you recievers room to tip it into the endzone, if you put it too deep the defense can just Tip it out the back of the endzone.

Ebenezer
10-12-2004, 11:26 AM

to try the 70 yarder you need to keep the trajectory really low...you might kick it into the center's back at that point.

chernobylwraiths
10-12-2004, 11:32 AM
to try the 70 yarder you need to keep the trajectory really low...you might kick it into the center's back at that point.

Actually, with the wind blowing like it was, wouldn't you WANT to kick it a little high so that the wind can aid in the flight?