PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mularkey's response to Mr. Wilson...

Ebenezer
10-12-2004, 11:44 AM
"It's just, I think, like us, frustration immediately after the game. Not being able to sit back and look at the tape like we have (Monday)," Mularkey said. "I think we're all frustrated, and he has every right to be being where we are right now. But I think that has a little bit to do with it."

Is the HC trying to infer that the owner doesn't get the benefit of watching film?? WGR has been playing this up for 2 days. It appears that they (WGR) are taking the position that MM basically said "He doesn't watch the film, we watch the film". RW spoke of the offense from a fans perspective. RW, like the fans, doesn't get to see game film. We get 3 hours of product on Sunday.

Has WGR taken MM's comments out of context or do they have a point that MM is taking a shot at RW.

What say you?

:feedback:

LtBillsFan66
10-12-2004, 11:47 AM
I think he means the comments were made before reviewing the tape.

justasportsfan
10-12-2004, 11:49 AM
I wonder if Mularkey still has this team thinking we are undefeated.

Charlieguide
10-12-2004, 11:52 AM
I think MM is delicately trying to deflect questions that have no right answer. The thing about some reporters is they try to create stories. They like the idea that Ralph is upset because the fans are, too. So they ask MM what he thinks about his boss being upset and wanting to see changes. Now MM has all kinds of 'bad' answers. He could agree with Ralph and change the team's strategy mid-season, but it may backfire and end up creating more sacks. He could also disagree with Ralph, and draw criticism for that.

MM's answer is best: he's upset, we are too, and it's our job to fix it, so we will.

chernobylwraiths
10-12-2004, 11:59 AM
I don't think MM is taking a shot at Wilson. I think WGR has been trying to creat controversy for several years now. Since it is the only sports radio in town now, more people will be gullible enough to believe them.

JJamezz
10-12-2004, 12:18 PM
They're up to the same old garbage they've been doing since the days of 'The Coach'..

They have video of Mularkey's PC at bb.com, so you can watch it yourself.. I watched it before hearing about this, and honestly, the thought never even entered my mind when he said it.

Mr. Miyagi
10-12-2004, 12:22 PM
I think MM is delicately trying to deflect questions that have no right answer. The thing about some reporters is they try to create stories. They like the idea that Ralph is upset because the fans are, too. So they ask MM what he thinks about his boss being upset and wanting to see changes. Now MM has all kinds of 'bad' answers. He could agree with Ralph and change the team's strategy mid-season, but it may backfire and end up creating more sacks. He could also disagree with Ralph, and draw criticism for that.

MM's answer is best: he's upset, we are too, and it's our job to fix it, so we will.
Great analysis. :up:

BAM
10-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Off with his head!

Billsouth
10-12-2004, 12:28 PM
nothing like pissing off the owner of the company after ur 4th week on the job. what a great selection he was.

i am beginning to wonder why we got rid of wade phillips

alohabillsfan
10-12-2004, 12:33 PM
MARV, please oh please come back to us and return us to respectability!!! :bow:

mchurchfie
10-12-2004, 12:36 PM
nothing like pissing off the owner of the company after ur 4th week on the job. what a great selection he was.

Because he pissed off the owner of the company when he wouldn't get rid of his buttbuddy coachhttp://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_144.gif on special teams when he was told to, that's why.:funny:

Tatonka
10-12-2004, 12:41 PM
i think this is totally being blow out of proportion.. i didnt get the impression that he was taking a shot at RW at all.. give me a break.. they are just looking for something to talk **** about.

Earthquake Enyart
10-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Ralph watches film. He knows what he sees. :puke:

mchurchfie
10-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Ralph watches film. He knows what he sees. :puke:
Holla!! :bow:

Billsouth
10-12-2004, 01:13 PM
how is this being blown out of proportion.

the head coach says his offensive philosphy (i.e. how he is going to run the team offensively) is smashmouth football. after 4 weeks the owner says he is sick of this philosophy and it needs to change. hence, either mm changes his entire philosophy or he is GONE!

the next round of firings will be td when he refuses to fire his butbuddy mm?

cordog
10-12-2004, 01:32 PM

Like you just said. 4 weeks as a HC. Too early to judge him.

Billsouth
10-12-2004, 01:56 PM
cord, i agree that 4 weeks is still early under normal circumstances. however, when the owner publicly challenges your offensive philosophy then there are big problems in river city. i can only presume from rw's comments that mm could not have been his first choice but that he is giving td enough rope hang himself

Ebenezer
10-12-2004, 03:54 PM
how is this being blown out of proportion.

the head coach says his offensive philosphy (i.e. how he is going to run the team offensively) is smashmouth football. after 4 weeks the owner says he is sick of this philosophy and it needs to change. hence, either mm changes his entire philosophy or he is GONE!

the next round of firings will be td when he refuses to fire his butbuddy mm?
MM has a five year contract...odds are he is not going anywhere...

socalfan
10-12-2004, 05:29 PM
MM has a five year contract...odds are he is not going anywhere...

Frugal Ralph will give him an order and then fire him for not following it. Then the league will come after him for not paying the remaining 4 years on the deal, then.....hey wait didn't we just see this??