Mike Mularkey's response to Mr. Wilson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Mike Mularkey's response to Mr. Wilson...

"It's just, I think, like us, frustration immediately after the game. Not being able to sit back and look at the tape like we have (Monday)," Mularkey said. "I think we're all frustrated, and he has every right to be being where we are right now. But I think that has a little bit to do with it."

Is the HC trying to infer that the owner doesn't get the benefit of watching film?? WGR has been playing this up for 2 days. It appears that they (WGR) are taking the position that MM basically said "He doesn't watch the film, we watch the film". RW spoke of the offense from a fans perspective. RW, like the fans, doesn't get to see game film. We get 3 hours of product on Sunday.

Has WGR taken MM's comments out of context or do they have a point that MM is taking a shot at RW.

What say you?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I think he means the comments were made before reviewing the tape.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I wonder if Mularkey still has this team thinking we are undefeated.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Charlieguide
        Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
        • Feb 2004

I think MM is delicately trying to deflect questions that have no right answer. The thing about some reporters is they try to create stories. They like the idea that Ralph is upset because the fans are, too. So they ask MM what he thinks about his boss being upset and wanting to see changes. Now MM has all kinds of 'bad' answers. He could agree with Ralph and change the team's strategy mid-season, but it may backfire and end up creating more sacks. He could also disagree with Ralph, and draw criticism for that.

MM's answer is best: he's upset, we are too, and it's our job to fix it, so we will.
        The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

I don't think MM is taking a shot at Wilson. I think WGR has been trying to creat controversy for several years now. Since it is the only sports radio in town now, more people will be gullible enough to believe them.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

They're up to the same old garbage they've been doing since the days of 'The Coach'..

They have video of Mularkey's PC at bb.com, so you can watch it yourself.. I watched it before hearing about this, and honestly, the thought never even entered my mind when he said it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Charlieguide
              I think MM is delicately trying to deflect questions that have no right answer. The thing about some reporters is they try to create stories. They like the idea that Ralph is upset because the fans are, too. So they ask MM what he thinks about his boss being upset and wanting to see changes. Now MM has all kinds of 'bad' answers. He could agree with Ralph and change the team's strategy mid-season, but it may backfire and end up creating more sacks. He could also disagree with Ralph, and draw criticism for that.

MM's answer is best: he's upset, we are too, and it's our job to fix it, so we will.
              Great analysis.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

Off with his head!

Comment

• Billsouth
                  • Jul 2002

nothing like pissing off the owner of the company after ur 4th week on the job. what a great selection he was.

i am beginning to wonder why we got rid of wade phillips
                  "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

MARV, please oh please come back to us and return us to respectability!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth
                      nothing like pissing off the owner of the company after ur 4th week on the job. what a great selection he was.

i am beginning to wonder why we got rid of wade phillips
                      Because he pissed off the owner of the company when he wouldn't get rid of his buttbuddy coach on special teams when he was told to, that's why.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i think this is totally being blow out of proportion.. i didnt get the impression that he was taking a shot at RW at all.. give me a break.. they are just looking for something to talk **** about.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Ralph watches film. He knows what he sees.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                            Ralph watches film. He knows what he sees.
                            Holla!!
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Billsouth
                              • Jul 2002

how is this being blown out of proportion.

the head coach says his offensive philosphy (i.e. how he is going to run the team offensively) is smashmouth football. after 4 weeks the owner says he is sick of this philosophy and it needs to change. hence, either mm changes his entire philosophy or he is GONE!

the next round of firings will be td when he refuses to fire his butbuddy mm?
                              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

Working...
                              X