PDA

View Full Version : td is not being honest

Billsouth
10-12-2004, 12:25 PM
he said yesterday that he is always looking to improve the team and o-line via free agency, waivers and trades. WHY DIDNT he make any effort to sign pete kendall. we really could have used him.

either he is not being honest and/or he just does not do a good job.

on the issue of hiring an offensive coach like mm, does anyone remember the pittsburgh offense that mm was the coordinator of as being a dominant offense. was it even considered above average? hell, they held onto kordell about 3 seasons too long and then went with a retread.

when i think of offenses i think of martz, billick, CHARLIE WEISS.

td hired guys like gw and mm as opposed to stronger coaches in order to avoid another cowher situation. WE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED!!

alohabillsfan
10-12-2004, 12:31 PM
he said yesterday that he is always looking to improve the team and o-line via free agency, waivers and trades. WHY DIDNT he make any effort to sign pete kendall. we really could have used him.

on the issue of hiring an offensive coach like mm, does anyone remember the pittsburgh offense that mm was the coordinator of as being a dominant offense. was it even considered above average? hell, they held onto kordell about 3 seasons too long and then went with a retread.

td hired guys like gw and mm as opposed to stronger coaches in order to avoid another cowher situation. WE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED!!

I agree with that! I believe another "rookie" head coach in NY would have started Eli because it would have been safe -if he wins great if he loses, well he's arookie and learning no loss! Tom Coughlin went with who could win and is winning he did not roll over for the front office. Let the coach pick the starters and let the gm get the players.

EDS
10-12-2004, 01:20 PM

Have you read what you just wrote? Mike Mularkey was successful because he succeeded with very mediocre talent. I could be successful as an offensive coordinator with HOF talent, but that is irrelevant. Point is, can you work with what you got - that is the measure of a coach. Mularkey is working with what he has been given, which is not much. Drew is playing better then last year, if the running game can get going to sustain some drives we may be able to get a win or three this season.

And to say TD is not being honest when he says he is trying to improve the team is stupid. Obviously he is trying to improve the team, whether his efforts have been successful is another matter but at least call it for what it is.

It is one thing to be negative and to want the team to succeed, it is another to make wild accusations which are neither accurate or constructive.

Ed
10-12-2004, 01:37 PM

What do you know about what TD does or doesn't do behind closed doors? How do you know he didn't make any effort to sign Kendall? How do you know we could have afforded his demands? How do you know if he even wanted to come here?

There's nothing but speculation here. You're criticising TD for something you don't even know to be true.

I also didn't see any other teams rushing to try and sign Kendall, and there are a lot of teams with O-line issues this year.

Billsouth
10-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Have you read what you just wrote? Mike Mularkey was successful because he succeeded with very mediocre talent. I could be successful as an offensive coordinator with HOF talent, but that is irrelevant. Point is, can you work with what you got - that is the measure of a coach. Mularkey is working with what he has been given, which is not much. Drew is playing better then last year, if the running game can get going to sustain some drives we may be able to get a win or three this season.

And to say TD is not being honest when he says he is trying to improve the team is stupid. Obviously he is trying to improve the team, whether his efforts have been successful is another matter but at least call it for what it is.

It is one thing to be negative and to want the team to succeed, it is another to make wild accusations which are neither accurate or constructive.

this is assinine! to call mm sucessful in pittsburgh is like saying gw was sucessful in buffalo. when did anyone ever consider pitts offense to be good? therefore, why would u consider their offensive coordinator the cure to our offensive problems.

as to td not doing anything, WHAT did he do to cure the o-line problems that we have had for the last 3 years? we have been sacked more than any other team!.... HUM, he got rid of reuben brown and brought in villareal. HE DID NOT DRAFT A single o-lineman until the 5th round (sobieski) in 2003 and did not draft a single lineman until mcfarland in the late rounds. he chose to draft mcgahee in 2003 instead of an o-lineman.

therefore, he has not done a diligent job in rebuilding the o-line.

to call these accusations wild and inaccurate is just plain ignorant!

TedMock
10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Billsouth]this is assinine! to call mm sucessful in pittsburgh is like saying gw was sucessful in buffalo. when did anyone ever consider pitts offense to be good? therefore, why would u consider their offensive coordinator the cure to our offensive problems.

To be fair, in 2003 Pittsburgh didn't play with their starting 5 OL until December. The line had been decimated by injuries all year, hence the 22nd ranking.

In 2002, Pittsburgh was 10-5-1, 4th in Total Offense, 8th in points, 8th in passing yards, and 9th in rushing yards.....top ten in every major category. Tommy Maddox was comeback player of the year.

In 2001, Mularky's first season as OC, Pittsburgh was 13-3, 3rd in Total Offense, 7th in points, 22nd in Passing Yards, and 1st in rushing yards. Kordell Stewart was temporarily resurrected and made the pro-bowl. Top ten in most categories.

These were quietly fantastic offenses. I don't see any way that we couldn't have thought of Mularky as a very good offensive coach.

The King
10-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Well if you look at TD's answers to the fans questions on www.buffalobills.com you will see that he is a total politician. He has no answers, hes just like Bush dancing his way around an honest response.

lordofgun
10-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Well if you look at TD's answers to the fans questions on www.buffalobills.com you will see that he is a total politician. He has no answers, hes just like Bush dancing his way around an honest response.
You must have confused Bush with John Kerry!

TedMock
10-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Maybe I'm off base here, but why on earth would a GM give any sort of concrete answers to fans? We always hear about how NFL guys don't like showing their cards. I sure as heck wouldn't tell the fans what I was planning or looking form. I don't tell people what my firm is looking into while I'm away at my conferences either. At the NFL level, there's no way I'd give anybody any more than the bulls*t rhetoric we're given every week.

Ebenezer
10-12-2004, 03:59 PM

Welcome to America and brand loyalty...if you feel Ford cheated you then you are free to buy a Chevy...

...don't like what is going on and you feel you can't take it any more then you are free to fine a new team to root for.

sad but true.

Ebenezer
10-12-2004, 04:00 PM

oh, btw, did you visit our front page and read the Up My Flagpole article? It address this very clearly. There have been lots of moves. Unsuccessful as it may be TD has addressed the lines (OL and DL)...he just has not done a good job of it.

here is the link:
http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2004/10/11/up_my_flagpole_101104_read_between_the_lines.php

EDS
10-12-2004, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Billsouth]this is assinine! to call mm sucessful in pittsburgh is like saying gw was sucessful in buffalo. when did anyone ever consider pitts offense to be good? therefore, why would u consider their offensive coordinator the cure to our offensive problems.

To be fair, in 2003 Pittsburgh didn't play with their starting 5 OL until December. The line had been decimated by injuries all year, hence the 22nd ranking.

In 2002, Pittsburgh was 10-5-1, 4th in Total Offense, 8th in points, 8th in passing yards, and 9th in rushing yards.....top ten in every major category. Tommy Maddox was comeback player of the year.

In 2001, Mularky's first season as OC, Pittsburgh was 13-3, 3rd in Total Offense, 7th in points, 22nd in Passing Yards, and 1st in rushing yards. Kordell Stewart was temporarily resurrected and made the pro-bowl. Top ten in most categories.

These were quietly fantastic offenses. I don't see any way that we couldn't have thought of Mularky as a very good offensive coach.

My point exactly. A good coach can do more with less.

Icer
10-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I also didn't see any other teams rushing to try and sign Kendall, and there are a lot of teams with O-line issues this year.
Actually 18 teams talked to him after he was released.

He chose the Jets because he's friends with Mawae, and he wanted to be closer to his family.

If the Bills were one of the 18, I dunno. Maybe they were

socalfan
10-12-2004, 06:03 PM

IS this news to anybody?

Ebenezer
10-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Actually 18 teams talked to him after he was released.

He chose the Jets because he's friends with Mawae, and he wanted to be closer to his family.

If the Bills were one of the 18, I dunno. Maybe they were
The Bills were one of the 18...according to WGR the Bills felt he was either too slow or too small (I can't remember which they said)...I also heard he chose the Jets because of Mawae.

Billsouth
10-12-2004, 09:22 PM
TOO SMALL? what does TD think about henry or mcgahee having to block teh defensive end or tackle that blows threw our line? are the too small?

give me a break!!!

has anyone noticed TD's bias towards his old guard. he has brought in more steelers than any other team. he always seems to be signing or courting ex steelers like charles johnson, gildon, mm,kris farris, and others. hell he even brought kordell in TWICE!!

dont get me wrong, i was always a strong TD supporter, but his recent moves are starting to show why he was not in much demand when he was working for espn after getting run out of pitts.