PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mularkey's contract is five years long...

Ebenezer
10-12-2004, 03:55 PM
how about them for a barrel of apples...betcha he is going nowhere but to his office everyday for the next 2-3 years...sorry folks.

Crisis
10-12-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm not pleased/displeased with him thus far. He's made strides, but our record speaks for itself.

If we're doing this poorly next year, he'll be #1 on my hate list.

Marvelous
10-12-2004, 04:04 PM
He's made strides
Please do tell.

shelby
10-12-2004, 04:37 PM
He's a rookie head coach. It's ridiculous to expect miracles from him the first four games of the season.:cynic:

cordog
10-12-2004, 04:44 PM
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!

We are talking about 4 games. 4 games!!!!!!! You cant judge any player in that ammount of time, how in the hell can you judge a Head Coach in that period of time? He has not made any Marty Morningweg type errors and the bills have been in every game. Lets try to hold off judgement on MM.

alohabillsfan
10-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I hope it's only 5 weeks if we lose to the dullfins! :nervous:

Crisis
10-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Please do tell.

You do notice the offense has been progressing each game, right?

Tatonka
10-12-2004, 05:51 PM
He's a rookie head coach. It's ridiculous to expect miracles from him the first four games of the season.:cynic:

i agree completely.

socalfan
10-12-2004, 05:58 PM
This team still looks a lot better than last year's team. And RW is getting old and cranky. If he let KG and Williams screw around for 3 years before opening his mouth about how bad things are....then he should have given Mularkey the same benefit of the doubt. His rant after just 4 weeks is ridiculous. And Mularkey's response was appropriate.

Typ0
10-12-2004, 09:31 PM

Exactly why we should not have hired a rookie head coach...not why he should be defended.

Turf
10-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Exactly why we should not have hired a rookie head coach...not why he should be defended.

Bingo :clap:

Demon
10-13-2004, 03:16 AM

I'd agree with this, except what Donahoe and Mularkey said in the off-season. The quote, i forget from which one, was something like this.... "We are not re-building, we are trying to win right now." and thats what i took from it and thats what i expected. Hopefully someone has the quote saved.

I don't agree with hyping the team up when we're 0-0 and when we're 0-4 say that "he's a rookie" and give him time to show his stuff. If he thought we were ready to WIN right now then we should be competitive right now and not 0-4. Mularkey will stay for another, or probably 2 more seasons no matter what his record is, but that doesn't mean he's not to blame and won't be blamed for some of the problems.

ps. I'm still in his corner and think he will be a solid NFL coach with Buffalo, i'm just playing devils advocate here. I think he'll be solid and think he's better then the record, i just don't agree with the quoted part from the poster.

shelby
10-13-2004, 03:57 AM
Which leads us back to...who the :curse: made the decision to hire him?
:D
Demon, you have a valid point there. We should be competitive, and we shouldn't be 0-4 right now. Perhaps if TD had hired an experienced HC, things would be different.

Typ0
10-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Well...at least we all know what is really going on. Tom Donahoe is pushing Malarkey.

SABURZFAN
10-13-2004, 06:49 AM
i don't have a problem with mularkey.he's doing the best with what he has.

it's donna ho that i blame. :mad:

fushetti
10-13-2004, 06:56 AM
For anyone who thought this team WOULD be good, must've been smoking crack.

I had this team going 8-8 at best.

As for Mularkey, I think he's lightyears better than GW. GW looked totally out of his element as head coach of this football team. I think MM will turn out to be a decent coach. However, as other have said, we shouldve gotten a proven coach to run our team.

BAM
10-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Think positive Eb!

Voltron
10-13-2004, 09:58 AM
I think it has been the bad play and bad decisions of the veterans that have hurt this team more than the coaching. How many Passes has Moulds dropped? How many unnecessary penalties has Fletcher taken? Where is Josh Reed? Where is our line? Does anyone know the playbook, because it seems to me that the backs and TEs have been missing blocks like no one business. I think the coaches are doing an ok Job. The play calling could be better but when they run the plays they are given and don’t make stupid penalties it seems to work!

Ebenezer
10-13-2004, 10:09 AM
I think it has been the bad play and bad decisions of the veterans that have hurt this team more than the coaching. How many Passes has Moulds dropped? How many unnecessary penalties has Fletcher taken? Where is Josh Reed? Where is our line? Does anyone know the playbook, because it seems to me that the backs and TEs have been missing blocks like no one business. I think the coaches are doing an ok Job. The play calling could be better but when they run the plays they are given and don’t make stupid penalties it seems to work!
I think I can use this tonight!! :snicker:

justasportsfan
10-13-2004, 10:13 AM
He's a rookie head coach. It's ridiculous to expect miracles from him the first four games of the season.:cynic:Nobody expected the bills to go undefeated at this point . He wasn't brought in to be winless in 4 games either. He was brought in to fix Gilbrides schemes, help improve Drew which have both to happen yet.

Typ0
10-13-2004, 10:14 AM

You can bet if the Tuna was here these guys wouldn't have their heads so far up their ass.

justasportsfan
10-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Why is it that other teams have gotten their rookies and Vets to perform? If our vets are screwing things up, who's running the ship?

Ebenezer
10-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Nobody expected the bills to go undefeated at this point . He wasn't brought in to be winless in 4 games either. He was brought in to fix Gilbrides schemes, help improve Drew which have both to happen yet.
remind me which game Drew lost for us?? His play is much better than last year. He's not calling the plays. When asked to go deep, he has. When asked to through over the middle he has.

DB does not block or catch the passes. The line is horrible and the WR need stick 'em.

Typ0
10-13-2004, 10:33 AM
remind me which game Drew lost for us?? His play is much better than last year. He's not calling the plays. When asked to go deep, he has. When asked to through over the middle he has.

DB does not block or catch the passes. The line is horrible and the WR need stick 'em.

If the line sucks so bad then the RB, WR and TE need to block better...and the QB needs to get rid of the ball quicker...all of which go back to schemes and coaching.

justasportsfan
10-13-2004, 10:43 AM

DB does not block or catch the passes. The line is horrible and the WR need stick 'em. Did I say Drew lost games for us? Drew is now an average qb. My bad for thinking MM could make him more than that.

Ebenezer
10-13-2004, 11:13 AM
If the line sucks so bad then the RB, WR and TE need to block better...and the QB needs to get rid of the ball quicker...all of which go back to schemes and coaching.

All of which go back to TD and his hirings and players, no?