X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I’m not giving up on TD yet but!

I heard this mentioned on the radio the other day!

Over a 13 season stretch from 1988 to week 11 of the 2000 season the Bills were a combined 142-81 including playoffs! Over those 13 years the Bills had 2 losing season. They missed the playoffs 3 times. One of which was the 2000 season when we were 7-4 and dominating a game in Tampa Bay before we got hit with major injuries.

After that season TD took over and did what most of us agreed, had to be done! He cleaned house! But since that TB game we’ve gone, 18-39 and have not come close to the playoffs!

I think he’s brought the right talent here! Why can’t we have an experienced coach???? I don’t think it’s the ego thing that everyone loves talking about. I think he thinks that he found a diamond in the rough one time (Bill Cowher) and he thinks he can do it again. I’m sure MM will be a fine coach someday, but I just think we’re wasting what could be a pretty good team!
    Resign our own guys!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It's obviously too early to give up on MM, IMO.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
      By MM, I meant Mike Mularkey. I gave up on Mr. Miyagi a long time ago.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

No doubt! But the growing pains suck! I wanted Dennis Green and he has Arizona playing tough! We have way more talent than Arizona!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

I think it is our so-called talent that has put us in this mess. Moulds dropping passes, Drew ... well being Drew, Fletcher taking 2 15 yard penalties in one game, Spikes being almost invisible in the first few games, Schobel gets a fat new contract yet can't make more than 1 sack in 4 games, ... Last but not least, penalties, penalties , PENALTIES. I mean we have guys with False start on our line in our own stadium. How can you not know the snap count by now!!!???
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I agree, but TD has brought in so much expectations w/ Mularkey. The Giants is no where as talented as the bills and yet they are performing for Coughlin. The Cards still suck and yet they are playing so much better for Green.

If we lose to the fins this Sunday, I think it's time we start calling for TD's head. Seems to me a HC dictator is bettter than a GM dictator.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
              I think it is our so-called talent that has put us in this mess. Moulds dropping passes, Drew ... well being Drew, Fletcher taking 2 15 yard penalties in one game, Spikes being almost invisible in the first few games, Schobel gets a fat new contract yet can't make more than 1 sack in 4 games, ... Last but not least, penalties, penalties , PENALTIES. I mean we have guys with False start on our line in our own stadium. How can you not know the snap count by now!!!???
              all that and if not for one play by Clements, one bad officiating call and the def not able to hold the Jets at the end of the game this team would be 3-1 and everybody would be saying that we were growing and getting better...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• askabry
                • Jul 2002

Giving up on TD

The real question is whether or not Ralph has had enough. Four years is enough to see progress in some form or another. By any reasonable standard, what we are seeing is the opposite of progress, which Will Rogers admirably noted would be Congress.

And I say that knowing full well TD is the most admirable politician in Buffalo. If this is talent he's assembled, I'd like to know what NE fields, or the Jets, or ... whatever. Perhaps our "stars" really are as talented as theirs are (dya think? might be a stretch); but the bottom line is both teams are stronger over a 55 man roster than ours are, are better coached than our team is, and show more discipline. Tom might even have you believe picking the "Best Player Available" someday, but I have to wonder ... if we're always taking the BPA in April, how come we're saddled with an 0-4 record?

Here's something to note: In those towns, players can find themselves fired for missing a special teams play, stars are benched in important games for using alcohol irresponsibly, rookies actually play (!perish the thought!) and are given a chance to contribute, and the bold, decisive step to move towards a young promising QB from an aging veteran isn't made after the regime's been in place for four or five years.

Tom's job basically consists of handling the cap and bringing talent to the team. We have an offensive line that has consistently been described with words like "pathetic" and underperforming. Our linebackers - all of whom Tom brought in himself in FAcy - have contributed exactly one interception since he's been here and that one was last weekend. Our offense has gotten progressively worse game by game over the last 40 games.

By his own admission, the three things teams cannot do without are a pass-rusher, two cover corners, and team general at QB. Using his standards, has he brought any of those things to Buffalo? Did we make the trade of a running back for Champ Bailey? Did we decide to go one more year with Drew, or take a chance on a QB like Kurt Warner? When Jevon Kearse was available, did he come to Buffalo for an interview?

Given up on Tom? Well ... I can certainly hear the clock ticking. And I think I'm a little sick and tired of Bill Belichek consistently beating us off and on the field, and then laughing about it in print formats.
                what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

Working...
                X