• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Boston Bills

Are there any other Bills fans in the boston area? I usually watch the game with 2 other bills fans but it would be cool to get a group of us together.

I do know about the Bills Backers in boston, but they are like an hour away from me.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

No, thank God! That must be torture!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Its not easy, thats for sure but one thing I have come to figure out is that most Pats fans just love the team. They dont bother with details, they know Brady they know Seymour but they usually just know the Pats. Obviously there are exceptions, but as a whole that seems to be the case once you figure out they dont know what the hell they are talking about it doesnt bug you as much. But watching Bills games when the Pats are on simultaneously is horrific.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Are there any other Bills fans in the boston area? I usually watch the game with 2 other bills fans but it would be cool to get a group of us together.

I do know about the Bills Backers in boston, but they are like an hour away from me.
        I think there are a couple. mybills is from RI. She might know more. I could have sworn I saw a few more from that area.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard

I almost forgot, one of the administrators, Dozerdog lives in Springfield, Mass and he comes to some of the games. So PM him if you live near there to see if there are any Bills groups that he knows of.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
            I think there are a couple. mybills is from RI. She might know more. I could have sworn I saw a few more from that area.
            Mad Bomber is in Mass. I believe

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JayWood
              The Professor
              • Jul 2002

I am a Rhode Island guy........Bills and Red Sox fan, someone up stairs has it in for me
              When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Yeah Jay, I know how you feel. Even when the gods smile on us with Schilling you end realizing it wasnt a smile at all it was more of a smirk.
                It was all

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Just trying to revive this see if anyone in the Boston Area wants to meet up for the game Sunday?
                  It was all

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

Comment

• Patti120
                      • Aug 2004

I live in Newport, RI about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Beantown, where were you thinking about watching the game? I've got a bunch of friends in Boston, (not Bills fans though) and was thinking about going up there Saturday night to hang out with them so let me know.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

The Harp. Check out the link.

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

That Bills Backers group is pretty large, so you may want to contact them to see if they either have a meeting place close to you or know of one.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by R. Rich
                            That Bills Backers group is pretty large, so you may want to contact them to see if they either have a meeting place close to you or know of one.
                            Yeah the billsbackers group is HUGE I get all the emails and letters and stuff, The Harp is just quite aways from my neck of the woods and driving into Boston is just about as much fun as a kick in the groin.

I am actually from Salem, Ma which I am sure most of you have heard of.

PATTI Gillians is always cool although if the Pats are on at the same time forget that.
                            It was all

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Salem is north of Boston..forget it..too far to drive.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X