PDA

View Full Version : You're Donahoe for a few days

northernbillfan
10-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Who would you trade and what would you like to get in return?

Do you want immediate help? Is anyone available that can help the team? What are you willing to give up to fix the team?

Pride
10-13-2004, 02:17 PM
I trade Eric Moulds for a Top Notch RT and a 2nd rounder next year.

Move MW inside to RG, leave the rest of the line in tact

Billsouth
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
i would fire myself and mike mularkey.

hopefully, my successor would do a better job of hiring coaches and trading our first round draft picks for qbs. also, he would get rid of the lame unis since they have proven to not be winners (in more ways than one)

i would then go back to espn and hire all of my ex steeler buds and drive espn into the ground.

at that point, i may get hired by a large financial institution whereupon i would immediately change the logo and declare bankruptcy.

at that point, i would go home and watch my favorit movie-- forest gump.

Iehoshua
10-13-2004, 02:23 PM
As sucky as trading Moulds sounds it may be our only viable option. Better than having to deal with a franchise tag/holdout fiasco in the offseason.

:cry:

askabry
10-13-2004, 02:24 PM
My recollection is that there are few trades that occur in mid-season in the NFL. So that indicates to me that I'd have few trading partners ...

But here's what I'd be willing to give up:
~ a running back. Pick one; you have two that can play.
~ a white defensive end. Pick one; you have three(four?) that are veritably interchangably ineffective.
~ a starting QB.
~ a LBer. Pick the one you want most. Every SINGLE ONE is overpaid.
~ Eric Moulds. More wasted money.
~ Jonas Jennings, or Mike Williams
~ Either Sam Adams or Pat Williams.

Here's what I want to come out of the trades. Let's say I trade everyone of the players I have above ... Eric Moulds, straight up for any WR younger than 26 with more than 24 catches right now, plus a second or third round pick. Drew ... how about Drew for Warner? Testaverde? Brees? Can't get one of those? Get me a pretty good offensive guard. Pair up Travis and Mike Williams, ship them both with Kelsay or Schobel to Miami for Jason Taylor and that loudmouth TE or one of their DBs. If you need to, sweeten that pot up a bit. Pair up a DT ... say Adams... and Takeo Spikes. Dump them both for a #1 pick and pretty good DE that's emerging ... how about Calvin Pace? When it's all said and done, sign Jeff George to play QB and tell Shane his services are no longer needed.

OK. Now what do you have?
Another #1, and let's say a #3. The #1 will be used on a RT; resign JJ with the Williams money and use the leftover money for Pat.
You line up
Evans, a solid young #2 WR, and Josh Reed.
Jeff George for two weeks, then JP Losman.
Willis.
The Miami TE (wtf is his name???)
When Teague comes back, put him in at RT; the rest of the oline stays. Plus you've got a new starting G. I'm telling you that offense can't be any worse than 10 points a game, and it's cheaper.

On defense, you've either got the shut down corner you need, or Jason Taylor and Calvin Pace with Pat Williams. My guess is that defense creates twice the turnovers we have now.

Next year, you've dropped off the money for Spikes, Bledsoe, Moulds, Travis. Go crazy in the free agency market, and get yourself a top flight OT, or draft one.

northernbillfan
10-13-2004, 02:27 PM
:rofl:

The King
10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Pat Williams! We are going to lose him any way. I would take any 0-lineman his size.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2004, 03:28 PM
1. I would have tried to trade Shaw for Brad Johnson. Tampa needs a quality rcvr, we sure could use a new QB.

2. Trade Travis for a first round pick next year.

finsrclowns
10-13-2004, 04:09 PM
1. I would have tried to trade Shaw for Brad Johnson. Tampa needs a quality rcvr, we sure could use a new QB.

2. Trade Travis for a first round pick next year.

Why do you think BJ was demoted to third string? Would he do better behind a worse line?

Travis will return a 1st rounder now when pigs fly.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Why do you think BJ was demoted to third string? Would he do better behind a worse line?

Travis will return a 1st rounder now when pigs fly.

I'll take Brad Johnson any day over Shane Mathews or Drew Bledsoe.

Gruden is destroying the Buccs and Johnson is his fall guy. Send him here.

finsrclowns
10-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Gruden is destroying the Buccs and Johnson is his fall guy.

He did win a SB with him. Why is he now Gruden's fall guy?

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2004, 05:50 PM
He did win a SB with him. Why is he now Gruden's fall guy?

:idunno: Somebody on the Dan Patrick show said Gruden only wants "yes men" on his team that he has selected (forget who it was). Apparently he has never liked Johnson.

northernbillfan
10-14-2004, 05:03 AM
:idunno: Somebody on the Dan Patrick show said Gruden only wants "yes men" on his team that he has selected (forget who it was). Apparently he has never liked Johnson.
It's the German in Gruden that makes him a totalitarian.

Mr. Cynical
10-14-2004, 02:04 PM

hopefully, my successor would do a better job of hiring coaches and trading our first round draft picks for qbs. also, he would get rid of the lame unis since they have proven to not be winners (in more ways than one)

i would then go back to espn and hire all of my ex steeler buds and drive espn into the ground.

at that point, i may get hired by a large financial institution whereupon i would immediately change the logo and declare bankruptcy.

at that point, i would go home and watch my favorit movie-- forest gump.
:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
10-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Who would you trade and what would you like to get in return?

Do you want immediate help? Is anyone available that can help the team? What are you willing to give up to fix the team?
To be honest there's nothing TD can do at this point. He has made so many mistakes that this team has lost confidence in him. 17-35 will do that to you. He just needs to go and we need to start over.

However, to answer the question...I'd deal Moulds, Henry, Williams (and Drew, altho nobody other than Wisconsin High School would take him) for a STUD center, STUD LT and and some picks to shore up the rest of the line and a DE.