PDA

View Full Version : WOO HOO! Aiken will now get the reps!

Michael82
10-13-2004, 02:43 PM
With Bobby Shaw gone, Sam Aiken should start getting more reps. :up:

20 catches...here I come. :$:

mysticsoto
10-13-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm confused as to why they released Shaw and not Reed???

Michael82
10-13-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm confused as to why they released Shaw and not Reed???
Reed is a lot younger and has more upside. It's only his 3rd year. He could get better if someone puts glue on his gloves. :snicker:

The interesting thing is...this was probably a Ralph Wilson move. Donahoe brought in Bobby shaw and has always loves Shaw. I couldn't see Donahoe releasing Shaw by himself.

Throne Logic
10-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Reed is a lot younger and has more upside. It's only his 3rd year. He could get better if someone puts glue on his gloves. :snicker:

The interesting thing is...this was probably a Ralph Wilson move. Donahoe brought in Bobby shaw and has always loves Shaw. I couldn't see Donahoe releasing Shaw by himself.

Cutting one of your most consistent players without a good reason is foolish. I'm still waiting for that good reason. Shaw was our best 3rd down receiver.

Ebenezer
10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Cutting one of your most consistent players without a good reason is foolish. I'm still waiting for that good reason. Shaw was our best 3rd down receiver.
that's ok...Mikey would rather see himself get ZBs than have the Bills win a game.

Michael82
10-13-2004, 03:00 PM
He wasn't our most consistent player. Have you watched him this season? He's had a bunch of drops and seens to be missing the routes and off with Bledsoe. I'm going to miss having him for an emergency, but if we are really smashmouth football, then I see just sticking with the 4 main receivers and I can't wait to see Aiken get the reps. He's a really good receiver and has impressed this coaching staff. I don't think Donahoe had anything to do with this move. It was either Ralph or Mularkey...Donahoe liked Shaw too much to just cut him.

Ebenezer
10-13-2004, 03:07 PM
I can't wait to see Aiken get the reps. He's a really good receiver and has impressed this coaching staff.

How in the world do you know this...until today he was the #5 receiver on the team...oh, boy...he is up to #4...out of 4. Really impressive. If the coaches were that high on him he would be #2.

mysticsoto
10-13-2004, 03:09 PM
He said most consistent 3rd down receiver, Mikey82, not most consistent receiver or player. What has Reed done this year or last year? Reed was the worst receiver of the two.

In my opinion, we are giving to much to that, well they're young and inexperienced. We keep saying that about almost everyone on the team. The same thing is said about the line. Well the line sucks and some of these players suck. It's time to dump them and get people that don't. This line of ours has to be seriously upgraded next year. I would keep Chris, Lawrence and Teague. I'd keep Mike Williams if he's willing to take a pay cut and move to inside. I'd move Teague out and get a real center and then maybe trade for another (Raiders have alot of good depth for O-linemen - maybe one of their backups - or see who's a free agent next year). This is one of the biggest causes or our constant losing both last year and this year!!! WHEN are we going to have a solid line?????????????????

Michael82
10-13-2004, 03:18 PM
How in the world do you know this...until today he was the #5 receiver on the team...oh, boy...he is up to #4...out of 4. Really impressive. If the coaches were that high on him he would be #2.
Howard Simon was talking about it. And he said that Aiken impressed the coaching staff this summer and in practice. Aiken was also starting to get more playing time on the field for the last couple weeks because of this. The other interesting this is...Bobby Shaw said that in Pittsburgh, Mike Mularkey cut his playing time then too. He figured it was only a matter of time.

Ebenezer
10-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Aiken got so much time sunday that he had a whopping ZERO catches...

Again, offensive line...

Michael82
10-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Aiken got so much time sunday that he had a whopping ZERO catches...

Again, offensive line...
I think the extra spot is for an OL. I just don't know who yet. Maybe someone from Oakland... :idunno:

mybills
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
This just isn't right. I need a player to go with my zoner #. First Price, now Shaw? :sadwalk:

Michael82
10-13-2004, 03:35 PM
This just isn't right. I need a player to go with my zoner #. First Price, now Shaw? :sadwalk:
I got a good one. JP! :up:

:nana:

mybills
10-13-2004, 03:37 PM
:moon:

Ebenezer
10-13-2004, 03:38 PM
I got a good one. JP! :up:

:nana:
you better hope he doesn't bust.

Michael82
10-13-2004, 03:42 PM