PDA

View Full Version : The Key to Beating KC...

BillsMan80
11-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Get out to the lead EARLY. Rack up points, and take Priest out of the game. SF got to the lead, and never relinquished it once they scored to go ahead 17-10. The Niners got to the lead and made the Chiefs play catch up. Holmes only had 11 carries because KC played catch-up the whole time. That's the only way we are going to win this game.

Cntrygal
11-11-2002, 02:38 PM
The Key to Beating KC...

Have the ENTIRE team show up for the SAME game, at the SAME time and PLAY the ENTIRE game.

Raider Hater
11-11-2002, 02:44 PM
That is a good strategy to beating the Chiefs, but I have to disagree with you about yesterday's game. There was plenty of time for the Chiefs to use Holmes in the second half and they rarely did. The most they trailled by was 7 points and they had plenty of time to get him involved. I don 't know why they didn't.

BillsNYC
11-11-2002, 02:54 PM
just outscore them....our d ain't gonna stop them...so bledsoe has to throw for over 300 yards and 3 tds and henry has to rush for 100+ yards and 2 tds....

Cntrygal
11-11-2002, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the zone Raider Hater! :)

4thAndLong
11-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the zone, Raider Hater!

If anyone doesn't know, Raider Hater is the owner of chiefswarpath.com

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2002, 03:35 PM
IMO it will have to be a shootout. KC's D is as bad as ours, if not worse. We have to just outscore these guys.

Matching position by position, we have the edge:
Bledsoe over Green
Holmes over Henry
Moulds over Morton
Price over Kennison
Gonzo over Riemersma
Hollis and Andersen tie

But then they have homefield, and Arrowhead is REALLY loud.

It'll be interesting.

4thAndLong
11-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Yeah, but where they do have the advantage it's by a longshot.

They also have the advantage on OL.

The_Philster
11-11-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Raider Hater
That is a good strategy to beating the Chiefs, but I have to disagree with you about yesterday's game. There was plenty of time for the Chiefs to use Holmes in the second half and they rarely did. The most they trailled by was 7 points and they had plenty of time to get him involved. I don 't know why they didn't.

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
Welcome to the zone, Raider Hater!

If anyone doesn't know, Raider Hater is the owner of chiefswarpath.com

Welcome aboard Raider Hater...I hope your team does well on Sunday.....until kickoff, that is. ;)

Marcos20
11-11-2002, 06:07 PM
i think the key is tackle... buffalo miss a lot of tackles last game ... they need to go to the basic of tackling.

and by the offense... Drew need to kill that chief seocndary ... and Travis to run like hell inside those DT...

SABURZFAN
11-11-2002, 08:16 PM
we need 11 men to play some defense.not the 11 impersonators we had in the last game.

TigerJ
11-11-2002, 08:28 PM
I think containment of Gonzalez is a key too. Buffalo has shown it has the capacity to take out a top flight RB if they put their minds to it, but I'll have to see them at least do some modest containment of Gonzalez before I'll believe they can. Otherwise the only chance Buffalo has is to win a shootout.

WG
11-11-2002, 08:48 PM
If I were K.C., I'd be studying tapes of the Phin and Pats games to figure out how to best control Drew & Co. Both of them did it extremely well allowing only 23 points in two games. I'm sure they realize that the chances of us running Henry are less than 50-50.

Therefore, if we want to win, IMO, we need to run Henry effectively. If we don't, then our D will be exhausted by the time the 4th Q starts and if we don't score frequently, then we may be in trouble.

It's stupid not to balance out the O and that has been my biggest pet peeve all season. "Give [O'Henry] the damn ball." :D

Typ0
11-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Give it a rest WYS you know damned well our pass/rush ratio will be 3:1. I don't know why people go and get their hopes up. Jeeze.:bandwagon

WG
11-11-2002, 09:17 PM
Odds are...

But I'm a hopeful kind of guy there Typ0,....

....until I've been fooled many times over and reason then tells me I'd be an idiot for hoping for something that rarely happens. :D

Fat Tony
11-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Raider Hater

Welcome aboard, Rader Hater!