PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Shaw!

Patrick76777
10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Larry Felser said he was always running the wrong routes. It seemed to me that a good portion of the incomplete passes were in his direction.

Sunday alone, he turned out and was supposed to turn in. The pass was right where it needed to be.

During the hail mary at the end of the game, It appeared as though Moulds was trying to volley the ball backwards into the endzone. At the same time, Shaw runs right past him and knocks the ball to the ground.

Last year in Tennessee, Shaw catches the game tying 2 point conversion and drops the ball while trying to celebrate.

We all think we’re football experts but we don’t know which routes these guys are supposed to be running. Perhaps Shaw is lazy out there. Maybe he does run the wrong patterns all the time.

You all wanted someone to be held accountable for stupid play, you just got it!

Michael82
10-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Larry Felser said he was always running the wrong routes. It seemed to me that a good portion of the incomplete passes were in his direction.

Sunday alone, he turned out and was supposed to turn in. The pass was right where it needed to be.

During the hail mary at the end of the game, It appeared as though Moulds was trying to volley the ball backwards into the endzone. At the same time, Shaw runs right past him and knocks the ball to the ground.

Last year in Tennessee, Shaw catches the game tying 2 point conversion and drops the ball while trying to celebrate.

We all think we’re football experts but we don’t know which routes these guys are supposed to be running. Perhaps Shaw is lazy out there. Maybe he does run the wrong patterns all the time.

You all wanted someone to be held accountable for stupid play, you just got it!
After rewatching the game and seeing this picture...it makes more sense that Shaw was supposed to block for Moulds to get into the endzone and catch the pass like Evans caught his TD pass.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ERU103101019_1024x768.jpg

finsrclowns
10-13-2004, 04:36 PM

12 attempts his way. He caught three with no drops. The others? 9 bad throws out of 12 is much worse than Bledsoe's average so maybe there's something to Shaw going the wrong way sometimes.

But Reed's no better: 13 attempts his way, 4 catches, 3 drops (that seems low).

juice
10-13-2004, 05:10 PM

He was trying to display the ball as a reception.. he should have let the replay take care of that.

Turf
10-13-2004, 05:20 PM
After rewatching the game and seeing this picture...it makes more sense that Shaw was supposed to block for Moulds to get into the endzone and catch the pass like Evans caught his TD pass.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ERU103101019_1024x768.jpg

I think you're right Mikey, Shaw blew that Hail Mary. Looks like Moulds would have had it if he hadn;t jumped in his way.

chernobylwraiths
10-13-2004, 05:23 PM
He was trying to display the ball as a reception.. he should have let the replay take care of that.

That's a bunch of crap. That's what he said after the game. Almost everyone here would probably agree that he was pulling it out to celebrate. He had it though.

juice
10-13-2004, 05:28 PM
That's a bunch of crap. That's what he said after the game. Almost everyone here would probably agree that he was pulling it out to celebrate. He had it though.
Your wrong, when you look at it he was attempting to display the ball while falling to the ground, when he hit the ground the ball popped out and they said he didn't maintain possession once he hit the ground.. A few years ago it would've been a completion but not with the new rule of possession.

Patrick76777
10-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Your wrong, when you look at it he was attempting to display the ball while falling to the ground, when he hit the ground the ball popped out and they said he didn't maintain possession once he hit the ground.. A few years ago it would've been a completion but not with the new rule of possession.

Who gives a F$#% what he was doing! He shouldn't have done it.

Michael82
10-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I think you're right Mikey, Shaw blew that Hail Mary. Looks like Moulds would have had it if he hadn;t jumped in his way.
That's what I was thinking. Just looking at Moulds' reaction, you can tell that he is pissed. He kinda looks like he is saying... "What the ****?" :mad:

Charlieguide
10-13-2004, 06:40 PM
BillsDaily says that Mularkey "feels Shaw wasn't productive enough in the total package of games, meetings, and practice." [quoting BD, not MM.] If that's what he said, it sounds like Shaw wasn't doing his homework, he was just going out and playing. That would explain the other things listed here, too.

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Must we all see that painful and ungodly picture again??? :mad:

Cntrygal
10-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Moulds should have dropped kicked him (off the field of course).

:mad:

Michael82
10-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Moulds should have dropped kicked him (off the field of course).

:mad:
:evil:

Dozerdog
10-13-2004, 08:05 PM
We could have used Shaw on the last play of the Jacksonville game

schobelisdaman
10-13-2004, 08:43 PM
on the bills site it is talkin about bringin haddad up from the practice squad. Id bring back Jonathan Smith before him......if u get him the ball he can make some stuff after the catch..........and hes versitile.........perfect for MM.

Turf
10-13-2004, 10:04 PM
We could have used Shaw on the last play of the Jacksonville game

Good point. We should have told Shaw it was his ball.
After watching the replay of the Jacksonville TD since then several times, Spikes was the culprit for not knocking that ball down.

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Here comes Sam Aiken. I've personally been waiting to see what all the preseason hubub about him was, now it looks like we might actually see him on the field for more than 2 plays a game. Maybe this is also part of the reason Shaw was let go, to make room for Aiken? I am just speculating, don't mind me.

jamze132
10-13-2004, 10:31 PM

I agree 100% Good move releasing Shaw!!!

Michael82
10-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Here comes Sam Aiken. I've personally been waiting to see what all the preseason hubub about him was, now it looks like we might actually see him on the field for more than 2 plays a game. Maybe this is also part of the reason Shaw was let go, to make room for Aiken? I am just speculating, don't mind me.
I agree. I can't wait to see what Aiken has. :up:

Mr. Cynical
10-14-2004, 02:14 PM
I know I'm in the minority but Shaw seemed to be the guy making the clutch 3rd down receptions. He didn't have too many drops, unlike alot of our other receivers.

As for the miscommunication stuff, again, I remember seeing that with all the receivers not just Shaw.

Maybe it was just that MM wanted to "make a statement" and Shaw was the unlucky guy who drew the short straw.

The_Philster
10-14-2004, 06:04 PM
I know I'm in the minority but Shaw seemed to be the guy making the clutch 3rd down receptions. He didn't have too many drops, unlike alot of our other receivers.

As for the miscommunication stuff, again, I remember seeing that with all the receivers not just Shaw.

Maybe it was just that MM wanted to "make a statement" and Shaw was the unlucky guy who drew the short straw.
:jawdrop: :faint: I agree with you

G. Host
10-14-2004, 09:15 PM
on the bills site it is talkin about bringin haddad up from the practice squad. Id bring back Jonathan Smith before him......if u get him the ball he can make some stuff after the catch..........and hes versitile.........perfect for MM.

Freddie Smith seems not ready for NFL and is full of mistakes; the Bills need less mistakes not more. Haddad has at least played before.

Patrick76777
10-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Freddie Smith seems not ready for NFL and is full of mistakes; the Bills need less mistakes not more. Haddad has at least played before.

Another thing was brought up to me last night! Not only did Shaw turn the wrong way and knock down the hail mary when Moulds was trying to make a play, but he was also hit on the back of the helmet on the hot read. You guys remember that one? Drew needs all the help he can get and when he's actually using the hot reads and Studid Shaw isn't looking for the ball and takes one right in the back of the helmet, we have problems. Add in the drop on the 2-point play in Tennessee and the fact that Larry Felser, I guy who has watched more football then any of us, remarked last season that Bobby Shaw runs terrible patterns and is often in the wrong spot!

F-this guy!

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2004, 08:20 AM
The roster spot is still open for a reason. TD is up to something.

HenryRules
10-15-2004, 06:31 PM
TD is up to something.

That's the last thing I wanted to hear.

DaBills
10-15-2004, 11:45 PM
It's the OL's fault

:bow:

Demon
10-16-2004, 02:22 AM
That's the last thing I wanted to hear.

haha very true !

Demon
10-16-2004, 02:24 AM
:jawdrop: :faint: I agree with you

I'm with you too. I don't think Shaw deserved to be cut. He's being made an example and i think it's dumb to toss the guy who is much better then any one else who will play his spot, including Josh Reed. Moulds and Evans are above Shaw, noone else IMO.