PDA

View Full Version : Umm, I must be sick because...

Nighthawk
10-13-2004, 09:10 PM
...I think the Bills can easily win 3 out of the next 4 games. They can beat Miami this week, they can beat the Cardinals and they can beat the Jets. Baltimore scares me a little because of their defense, but they may be able to pull that one off too. What's wrong with me, I'm still optimistic?!?!? :nervous:

BAM
10-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Nothing wrong with that Nighthawk. It's good to have another optimist around here, I was starting to get lonely!

:gobills:

12-4 baby! :crazy:

BillsFever21
10-13-2004, 09:18 PM
It would take a miracle to win 4 games the rest of the season let alone winning the next 4.

Nighthawk
10-13-2004, 09:24 PM
It would take a miracle to win 4 games the rest of the season let alone winning the next 4.

I know, that's the logical thing, but look at those opponents? Look at who we have lost too, Jags, Jets, Pats...those are real good teams and we were in all of them. Now don't get me wrong, we need to make some changes and open up the offense, but it's not unreasonable to think we could get those wins. Oh yeah, put McGahee in there too!

finsrclowns
10-13-2004, 09:46 PM
I assume nothing and I concede nothing. I think we will win the next 4. Having said that I'm pretty sure we have to win 1 first. :nervous:

Charlieguide
10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I like that outlook.

Just don't overlook Arizona's defense. They are very tough.

Nublar7
10-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Beating us is not going to be a cakewalk for you guys. I know we suck, but so do the Bills. Miami has the better D and I think turnovers will determine the winner. So far out of all the games Miami has played, I feel the best about this one. Miami will win. After this week you will be in sole possession of the #1 Draft pick......oh wait, Dallas will be. lol. :roflmao:

jamze132
10-13-2004, 10:47 PM
...I think the Bills can easily win 3 out of the next 4 games. They can beat Miami this week, they can beat the Cardinals and they can beat the Jets. Baltimore scares me a little because of their defense, but they may be able to pull that one off too. What's wrong with me, I'm still optimistic?!?!? :nervous:

I agree. I stated before the season began, not in the BillsZone, but with fellow football fans that my beloved Bills will start the season 0-4 and finish
9-7. But after watching the first 4 games, i think 4-12 MAY be more realistic. Now I still have faith that mm will make the right decisions to get us over .500 at season's end but it will take an honest assesment of personell from td before the trade deadline. If we can trade Henry for an offensive lineman (let's face it...travis will not be with this team next year) it may be possible. Now before you guys jump all over me, we all know that Buffalo WILL NOT make the playoffs this year (and it makes my intestines bleed to say this, but it's true) but we really need to look towards next year. If we can't get an offensive lineman, than maybe Dallas would like to have Travis and say a 3rd rounder for OUR 1st round draft pick back. And yes i still support the whole Losman pick last year.

The Natrix
10-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Beating us is not going to be a cakewalk for you guys. I know we suck, but so do the Bills. Miami has the better D and I think turnovers will determine the winner. So far out of all the games Miami has played, I feel the best about this one. Miami will win. After this week you will be in sole possession of the #1 Draft pick......oh wait, Dallas will be. lol. :roflmao:

Honestly, you should be confident facing us. I remember never fearing the Patriots During all of their losing seasons with Bledsoe at the Helm. As for the draft pick comment, even if it is the number one pick which I doubt, (I see the Bills winning 5 - 7 games) you really can't judge it until we see what Losman has done at least 3 years down the road. It would still be less than the Giants gave up for the overhyped Manning.

juice
10-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Baltimore will struggle to get offensive production without Lewis playing.. Boller has a QB rating of 65 even with J. Lewis in the lineup.

Voltron
10-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Look at this realistically. Your line is in worse shape than ours, you may be starting a 3rd string QB behind that line, and you have Sammy Morris OUR CAST OFF as your best RB. Give me a break man. We are bad but not that bad. IF and only IF Buffalo can come out and play 60 min of mistake free football (That is a big if with our current penalty problem) then this game will be a blow out. If we continue to have breakdowns in crucial moments and stupid penalties then I agree the Fins D will be too much for us.

Hemlepp53
10-13-2004, 11:18 PM

Good man.... I'm pretty sure we have the fins in the bag. Once we break the streak and get some wind in our sails and let our ball drop again, we will be fine... Its like we do not even believe we can win.

DaBills
10-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Damn, it's REAL hard to say we go on a tear since I'm not seeing anything in these first 4 games to indicate we CAN win. The mistakes are steamrolling and breeding more.

As far as getting the first round pick? I hate that attitude that we should lose out just to get the pick. A question for the draft pick crowd:

If it's so critical that a number one draft pick would be instrumental in helping us, then who would that guy be now that we could get? What one guy out there could make such a difference? You could say Eli, but rooks rarely start. Lineman? Orlando Pace is about as dominating an OL at LT as there is, but even he wasn't ready when he came out.

I know it can't happen, but if we had the number one pick going into this year, I would have traded it away for the chance to bring a well-respected vet coach. Parcells, Gibbs, whoever. That IMO would have been the one position that would have the most effect.

I am not willing to wait a year for a shot at a first-round top 10 pick just so wecan hope DB has more protection? Fix the problem at QB first, then build the OL in FA. I also think we need to get a dominant DE a la B. Smith or a speedy Kearse-type.Our LB corps is solid, but the D-line is getting older in the middle and is not that fast on the outside.

:shocked: