PDA

View Full Version : Safety Dexter Jackson a FA

Charlieguide
10-14-2004, 11:35 PM
FS Dexter Jackson, Super Bowl MVP for the Bucs in '03, was released by the Cards today. He's been on IR since training camp, when back problems prevented him from practicing. (sounds like Denny didn't want him around for the long haul.)

I searched for info on his status, and all I could find was that the Arizona Republic (?) speculates that the team deemed him healthy, so they cut him without a settlement. I'm not sure how IR works . . . perhaps they're not allowed to cut him due to injury, until he's healthy or they settle? Otherwise, why place him on IR in the first place? :idunno:

Anyway, now there's this pro-bowl caliber FS running around without a team, and the Bills with Izell Reese losing time to Pierson Prioleau, while they have around $5million in the coffers. Could this be a mid-season addition?

Dozerdog
10-14-2004, 11:37 PM
If he is truely healthy.

But I am suspect when a cellar dweller cuts a guy they can't use.

Đ²
10-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Cards rejects ? That's crazy talk...

Stewie
10-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Arizona has shown the willingness to let guys who are good players go (See: Kendall, Pete)

I'd bring him in for a looksie. If he can pass a physical, then maybe we could make him an offer.

Problem is, in the past he's shown a willingness to go wherever the most money is, no matter what. I don't think it would be prudent to get into a bidding war for him.

NC-BILLS44
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Reese isn't losing playing time to PP. PP is playing SS because Milloy and Wire are out.

Iehoshua
10-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Sign everyone.
Every available player.
Jackson is available? Sign him.