PDA

View Full Version : Patriots may sign Bobby Shaw...

Ickybaluky
10-15-2004, 03:11 AM
He was in Foxboro yesterday for a visit. The Pats WR have been decimated with injuries, with P.K. Sam being the latest guy to show up on the injury report (the Pats may I/R him). Last week they were forced to use Kevin Kasper, whom they had just signed, as their 3rd WR.

If they sign Shaw, he might even play on Sunday.

Link (http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=49170)

Ickybaluky
10-15-2004, 03:40 AM
Also, John Clayton of ESPN reports the following:

Shaw to Pats?

Patriots coach Bill Belichick wasted no time in setting up a quick interview for former Bills wide receiver Bobby Shaw. Shaw surprisingly was cut the by Bills Wednesday in an apparent message to a struggling 0-4 team. Shaw was contacted by three teams and flew to Foxboro on Thursday.

Belichick wanted to spend time getting to know him, and if he likes him, he could sign Shaw as early as Friday. In the past couple of weeks, Belichick hasn't been happy that wide receivers Deion Branch and Troy Brown have been banged up because they've had a history of injuries over the past two years. Wide receiver Bethel Johnson was a surprise inactive even though he was healthy last week.

shelby
10-15-2004, 04:34 AM
:curse:

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Also, John Clayton of ESPN reports the following:

Shaw to Pats?

Patriots coach Bill Belichick wasted no time in setting up a quick interview for former Bills wide receiver Bobby Shaw. Shaw surprisingly was cut the by Bills Wednesday in an apparent message to a struggling 0-4 team. Shaw was contacted by three teams and flew to Foxboro on Thursday.

Belichick wanted to spend time getting to know him, and if he likes him, he could sign Shaw as early as Friday. In the past couple of weeks, Belichick hasn't been happy that wide receivers Deion Branch and Troy Brown have been banged up because they've had a history of injuries over the past two years. Wide receiver Bethel Johnson was a surprise inactive even though he was healthy last week.

The Pats are always taking our players. :D

Watch him be intregal in helping them win another SB ala Antowain Smith.

RedEyE
10-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Watch him have 3 TDs against us the next time we play. ****ing Bills.

BAM
10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
You guys can have him. Hopefully you can teach him to run the right routes. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Maybe the Pats will make him a DB. He seems to be good at knocking balls down.

FTG
10-15-2004, 08:19 AM
You guys can have him. Hopefully you can teach him to run the right routes. :up:

:up:

BAM
10-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Maybe the Pats will make him a DB. He seems to be good at knocking balls down.

:lolcry:

nodnarb
10-15-2004, 08:37 AM
if bobby signs with the pats and performs well, it will say a lot about this move, which i believe is distracting to the players and costly to the value of our WR corp. If we have ONE injury at WR Shaw's absence will be quite visible.

Shaw had a bad game at jets, but he has done more positive things for this team than Josh Fuggin Reed...I'd rather have seen the Bills trade Josh for SOMETHING than just hand the Pats a solution to a problem they have.

WHy help solve THEIR Problems? We're winless, they're lossless. They have two healthy receivers, for krissake.

stiill pissed.

Jayhawk
10-15-2004, 08:48 AM
great. Just what we need. NExt time they cut someone we should sign them

ShadowHawk7
10-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Crap, this is not good. We 1-uped the best team in the NFL. Again.. :fury:

justasportsfan
10-15-2004, 09:54 AM
The Pats are always taking our players. :D

Watch him be intregal in helping them win another SB ala Antowain Smith.The poblem is, we get their scrubs that stay srubs based on the salary we're paying them and they get our players and make them effective role players worth more than what they pay them.

BAM
10-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Crap, this is not good. We 1-uped the best team in the NFL. Again.. :fury:

Nah. Shaw did nothing to impress me throughout the preseason or the first 4 games.

Ickybaluky
10-15-2004, 01:45 PM
According to local radio reports, Shaw is signed and it will be announced if he passes his physical. In fact, it is being reported he will play on Sunday, since the Pats are so depleted by injury at WR. It wouldn't surprise me if they use him to return punts as well, since they have struggled there since Troy Brown was injured.

BAM
10-15-2004, 01:51 PM
I forgot you guys have 3 injured WR's. It's a good pickup for you then...

Ickybaluky
10-15-2004, 06:28 PM
I jumped the gun, 'EEI is now backing off reporting he has signed and merely is stating he "might" sign.

If it happens, it has to happen before 4 p.m. tomorrow or wait until next week. Shaw might have wanted to wait to see if he could get a better offer somewhere, since he reportedly has been contacted my multiple teams.

Mr. Cynical
10-15-2004, 06:50 PM
The poblem is, we get their scrubs that stay srubs based on the salary we're paying them and they get our players and make them effective role players worth more than what they pay them.:clap:

don137
10-16-2004, 07:28 AM
The way to defend Shaw is if he runs a down and out the defender should run a down and in because that is where the ball will be thrown...

Ickybaluky
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
The word is the Pats will sign Shaw in the next couple days, even though both Deion Branch and Troy Brown are close to returning.

Mr. Cynical
10-18-2004, 04:45 PM
The word is the Pats will sign Shaw in the next couple days, even though both Deion Branch and Troy Brown are close to returning.Well, obviously being a Bills fan I hope he doesn't play well at all for you and ends up being released at the end of the season.