PDA

View Full Version : Fiedler to start

Ickybaluky
10-15-2004, 03:45 AM
According to the Miami Herald (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9923066.htm):

Jay Fiedler worked with the first team offense and is expected to start against Buffalo, barring a medical setback caused by his broken rib. A.J. Feeley, who is nursing a concussion, is expected to be available as the backup or the starter if Fiedler cannot play.

So why not healthy Sage Rosenfels?

''Sage has done a good job when he's had opportunities in the preseason,'' Wannstedt said. ``It's just that right now, I feel he is behind A.J. and Jay.''

Later Wannstedt acknowledged, ``it's probably difficult to tell that because he hasn't had an opportunity to start yet.''

shelby
10-15-2004, 04:43 AM
Good news!:squish:

Michael82
10-15-2004, 05:09 AM
I disagree. I would rather see Feeley. He is HORRIBLE. :snicker:

The good news is that Fiedler has broken ribs, so a few hits by Sam Adams, TKO and London Fletcher and he'll be out of the game. In comes AJ Feeley. :evil:

Halbert
10-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Fiedler's had some very good games against the Bills. If he beats us this weekend I'm throwing Log off the upper deck. Come to think of it, I hope we lose now.

TigerJ
10-15-2004, 07:50 AM
It gives the Bills' D-linemen something to shoot for: nice, clean, hard hit to the ribs.

BAM
10-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Have we ever beaten Fiedler as starter for the Dolphins?

FTG
10-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Have we ever beaten Fiedler as starter for the Dolphins?

No and Phin fans love to bring that up.

Jayhawk
10-15-2004, 08:55 AM
great we get to tee off on the best starting third stringer in the league

BAM
10-15-2004, 09:05 AM

that's crazy. I think this Sunday will be the first!

Samphin1
10-15-2004, 10:05 AM

:) I too think it is a mistake for Fiedler to start. I am really conflicted about this game. On one hand, I really want to win this game for obvious reasons, on the other, I really want Wannstedt fired and the higher we go for a draft pick, the better. If we lose to the Buffalosers, I thik Wanny gets canned Monday, which is good. If we win, he most likely hangs around at least one more week. I think either outcome, I get something out of it, I just have to weigh what I want more.

I think I want the victory more. If we win, I can stomach Wanny for one more week. :lol:

justasportsfan
10-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Have we ever beaten Fiedler as starter for the Dolphins? It more like have we beaten RW and the fins? RW won't be there to bail him out this time.

They have no running game so that's in turn gives us the luxury of daring Fiedler to beat us with his arm. Blitz him constantly.

First O play by the bills.... Drew to Evans for 65 yds.

Nublar7
10-15-2004, 05:02 PM
It more like have we beaten RW and the fins? RW won't be there to bail him out this time.

They have no running game so that's in turn gives us the luxury of daring Fiedler to beat us with his arm. Blitz him constantly.

First O play by the bills.... Drew to Evans for 65 yds.Yes you have beaten RW and the Fins. Don't you remember the snow bowl? Of course Ray Lucas(ugh!) was out QB.

shoey3045
10-15-2004, 05:07 PM

yeah it is actually I wasn't looking foward to another young quarterback thrashing the bills

pcnorth22
10-15-2004, 06:25 PM
:) I too think it is a mistake for Fiedler to start. I am really conflicted about this game. On one hand, I really want to win this game for obvious reasons, on the other, I really want Wannstedt fired and the higher we go for a draft pick, the better. If we lose to the Buffalosers, I thik Wanny gets canned Monday, which is good. If we win, he most likely hangs around at least one more week. I think either outcome, I get something out of it, I just have to weigh what I want more.

I think I want the victory more. If we win, I can stomach Wanny for one more week. :lol:

You gonna show up at the North star cafe in north beach?

Samphin1
10-15-2004, 10:33 PM
You gonna show up at the North star cafe in north beach?

Actually never heard of it. I assume a sports bar? :idunno: I will be watching the game from the comforts of my home with some people over. DirecTV is a good thing.