PDA

View Full Version : This move settles it. I'm convinced

northernbillfan
10-15-2004, 04:05 AM
With the trade deadline just a few days away, you would think the last thing you do is release someone. Shaw is still somewhat valuable to someone, somewhere, and we could have picked some second string OL player that may have a spark.

kgun12
10-15-2004, 04:30 AM
With the trade deadline just a few days away, you would think the last thing you do is release someone. Shaw is still somewhat valuable to someone, somewhere, and we could have picked some second string OL player that may have a spark.

It said in the Rochester paper that they did try to make a trade for him, but there wasn't any takers!

Michael82
10-15-2004, 05:01 AM
It said in the Rochester paper that they did try to make a trade for him, but there wasn't any takers!
Thank you. :bf1:

Shaw is not as great as everyone thinks. And Donahoe had nothing to do with the cut. I personally think it was ALL Mularkey and Donahoe is losing his power, slowly...

LABillsFan
10-15-2004, 07:09 AM
MM had more character in that one interview than GW did in the 3 years he was coaching. I liked the way he handled Ralph's reaction and I liked the way he explained his reasoning.

OpIv37
10-15-2004, 07:25 AM

It's not quite that easy. The trade deadline is next week- once teams start shopping players around for a trade, the other teams know that he won't be on the roster for much longer and they'll be able to pick him up without losing a player. Mid-season trades only work when a team is pretty much desperate.

TigerJ
10-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Shaw = journeyman = free agent type

FTG
10-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Why do some people always think our trash is worth something? I'm certainly not a defender of TD but to get on him for cutting a journeyman reciever that no team wanted? Come on!

FTG
10-15-2004, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=Mikey82]Thank you. :bf1:

Shaw is not as great as everyone thinks. QUOTE]

You're right Mike. I don't understand the love for shaw. 5 catches through 4 games. I bet he had more drops than that. Who cares that he's gone.

TedMock
10-15-2004, 12:52 PM
I don't think it's any loss. A decent 4th receiver isn't that hard to find. They're a dime a dozen. A decent 1 and 2 receiver...that's another story. We can always find another journeyman, or, better yet, start throwing some of these younger guys in the water. "you'll two opportunities per game, let's see what ya got."

HenryRules
10-16-2004, 02:32 PM
If we couldn't get anything in a trade for Shaw ... then why were we paying him more than the vet min?

Mr. Cynical
10-16-2004, 03:01 PM
If we couldn't get anything in a trade for Shaw ... then why were we paying him more than the vet min?
That's patented TD Logic (tm).