• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

This move settles it. I'm convinced

With the trade deadline just a few days away, you would think the last thing you do is release someone. Shaw is still somewhat valuable to someone, somewhere, and we could have picked some second string OL player that may have a spark.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
    With the trade deadline just a few days away, you would think the last thing you do is release someone. Shaw is still somewhat valuable to someone, somewhere, and we could have picked some second string OL player that may have a spark.
    It said in the Rochester paper that they did try to make a trade for him, but there wasn't any takers!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
      It said in the Rochester paper that they did try to make a trade for him, but there wasn't any takers!
      Thank you.

Shaw is not as great as everyone thinks. And Donahoe had nothing to do with the cut. I personally think it was ALL Mularkey and Donahoe is losing his power, slowly...

Comment

• LABillsFan
        • Aug 2002

MM had more character in that one interview than GW did in the 3 years he was coaching. I liked the way he handled Ralph's reaction and I liked the way he explained his reasoning.
        I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
          It's not quite that easy. The trade deadline is next week- once teams start shopping players around for a trade, the other teams know that he won't be on the roster for much longer and they'll be able to pick him up without losing a player. Mid-season trades only work when a team is pretty much desperate.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Shaw = journeyman = free agent type
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

Why do some people always think our trash is worth something? I'm certainly not a defender of TD but to get on him for cutting a journeyman reciever that no team wanted? Come on!
              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• FTG
                • Aug 2004

[QUOTE=Mikey82]Thank you.

Shaw is not as great as everyone thinks. QUOTE]

You're right Mike. I don't understand the love for shaw. 5 catches through 4 games. I bet he had more drops than that. Who cares that he's gone.
                Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

I don't think it's any loss. A decent 4th receiver isn't that hard to find. They're a dime a dozen. A decent 1 and 2 receiver...that's another story. We can always find another journeyman, or, better yet, start throwing some of these younger guys in the water. "you'll two opportunities per game, let's see what ya got."

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

If we couldn't get anything in a trade for Shaw ... then why were we paying him more than the vet min?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
                      If we couldn't get anything in a trade for Shaw ... then why were we paying him more than the vet min?
                      That's patented TD Logic (tm).

Comment

Working...
                      X