PDA

View Full Version : The OL

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2004, 12:59 PM
I missed the game on Sunday but thankfully my loving wife taped it for me. Ok enough of that.

So for the first time in a while, I got to watch the game in peace and quite, and with the luxury of rewind and fast forward.

Let me tell you something. The o line absolutely sucks. There is almost always a breakdown somewhere - if not everywhere.

And on D. We still lack a consistant pass rush.

ArcticWildMan
10-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Hard to belive that 3 years ago, a lot of analysts were saying our O-line would be one of the best in another year or so. :(

Ebenezer
10-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Hard to belive that 3 years ago, a lot of analysts were saying our O-line would be one of the best in another year or so. :(
that's what happens when things don't pan out...we still have no clue if it the players, the coaches or the lack of chemistry.

Hemlepp53
10-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Hmmm I wonder if this type of realization helps Drew's status amoung Bills Fans. I like Drew but I for one do not like losing. I do feel the O Line plays a huge part in our problems this and last season and I feel TD and crew did nothing to help it. I wish Drew started last season with a revamped O Line and a health Moulds all season. I think we Fans might be singing a different song. Who knows The probelm runs deeper than the O Line but that is a fixable problem that would surely help our curent status in the leauge

HenryRules
10-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Hmmm I wonder if this type of realization helps Drew's status amoung Bills Fans. I like Drew but I for one do not like losing. I do feel the O Line plays a huge part in our problems this and last season and I feel TD and crew did nothing to help it. I wish Drew started last season with a revamped O Line and a health Moulds all season. I think we Fans might be singing a different song. Who knows The probelm runs deeper than the O Line but that is a fixable problem that would surely help our curent status in the leauge

I'm waiting for dinner to get here, so excuse the food analogy.

Drew Bledsoe to our OL is like mashed potatoes (Drew) to steak (OL). A good steak can make up for really bad potatoes and you won't even mind overpaying for either if the steak is really good. A bad steak, and your mashed potatoes had better be amazing before you start to think the potatoes aren't any good eithertoo. At the very least, the potatoes had better be cheap.

So, until we get a decent OL, we should have a cheap QB or else one that can do something back there ... Drew is neither cheap nor effective behind this line, so IMO he needs to go.

finsrclowns
10-15-2004, 08:11 PM

Drew Bledsoe to our OL is like mashed potatoes (Drew) to steak (OL). A good steak can make up for really bad potatoes and you won't even mind overpaying for either if the steak is really good. A bad steak, and your mashed potatoes had better be amazing before you start to think the potatoes aren't any good eithertoo. At the very least, the potatoes had better be cheap.

So, until we get a decent OL, we should have a cheap QB or else one that can do something back there ... Drew is neither cheap nor effective behind this line, so IMO he needs to go.

This OL isn't even hamburger. :winkpunch

juice
10-15-2004, 08:14 PM
This OL reminds me of Bad Mashed Potatoes.. Soft and Runny.

HAMMER
10-15-2004, 11:19 PM
This OL reminds me of Bad Mashed Potatoes.. Soft and Runny.

Soft and runny is bad but pastey and lumpy is too.

don137
10-16-2004, 07:31 AM
The OL is more like an overcooked rump roast

mybills
10-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Don, that would mean they could block like a rock. :D

don137
10-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Don, that would mean they could block like a rock. :D

I was thinking they were more like rocks and the DL just runs by them like they were standing still... :doh:

imbondz
10-16-2004, 08:24 AM

that's why I always order french fries

Mad Bomber
10-17-2004, 08:39 AM
The OL is more like an overcooked rump roast

Not really....an overcooked rump roast is tough. These guys aren't.

The_Philster
10-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Not really....an overcooked rump roast is tough. These guys aren't.
Looked a lot better today. :up:
Maybe Kent Hull being there was an inspiration