PDA

View Full Version : The only thing I don't like about the Shaw move

HenryRules
10-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Ok, I've come down on TD for a lot of things, but I have no problem with him on this move (if he had anything to do with it). Shaw was taking up more cap room than he was worth next year and wasn't doing all that much.

However, I have to wonder this ... if we could get more productive at the WR position and Shaw wasn't getting the job done ... why was he on the field so often? Aiken has hardly touched the field at all. Shaw had to be doing better than Aiken in most respects or else Shaw wouldn't have been playing.

If this is a move made for the future ... I think that's a very dangerous and stupid thing to do at this time of year. While I, as a fan, think this season is over and done with, if the organization starts acting this way, that's how you maintain an attitude conducive to losing.

I don't think a team can start making moves that assume the season is written off until they're 6 games under .500 (or less later in the season). Anything else simply creates an attitude that winning doesn't matter - and it's very hard, if not impossible, to get rid of that attitude once it develops - even over an offseason.

We get no increased cap room this year, so unless we bring in a replacement for Shaw that is better than Shaw, this move does nothing to help us right now. And I'm sorry, but Shaw beat Haddad out for a job during training camp - I don't think Haddad has improved that much in 6 weeks that he's now better than Shaw.

G. Host
10-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Veterans often do better in training camp than less experienced players because they can adapt to new offenses quicker. Shaw appeared to be tenative and did not get any better but evidently Haddad did on practice squad.

Coaches seem far more than we do and playing fantasy GM is like playing russian roulette with a full gun. Beyond just being foolish,

Turf
10-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Good point made though. NE's looking at him cause they're injured. A couple injuries to our WR core and we're decimated.
That's what bothers me about this team, the inability to coach it's way out of adversity.
We have all our starters and we still suck.