PDA

View Full Version : To the TD supporters

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 01:47 PM
....are you still going to support him?

17-36, 8 game losing streak. If that doesn't warrant change, I don't know what does.

mchurchfie
10-17-2004, 02:02 PM
The game has passed TD by...time to get rid of him.

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Keep TD for cap management, get somebody else in for personel decisions.

Wraith
10-17-2004, 03:01 PM
0 - 5 eh? Hahahahaha

Crisis
10-17-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm not ready to kill TD yet.

Gotten us McGahee, Evans, Losman.

Offense is finally coming together.

I believe.

Wraith
10-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Me too.

I was appalled at how negative everyone here was, at half-time, down by 3. I can't understand how you can really claim to be a die-hard fan and be so negative. Part of being a die-hard fan is being optimistic in the face of overwhelmingly negative circumstances. You can use the "I'm being realistic" argument, as many of you do, but in my opinion, you're not a die-hard fan then. Against the Oilers back in '92 the realistic fans were already on their way home when the optimistic, die-hard fans got to see the greatest comeback ever.

Hell, criticism of the team, the GM, the coach, the players, whatever, is fine during the week, but giving up on your team at halftime when they're down by 3 is embarassing.

EDS
10-17-2004, 03:34 PM
....are you still going to support him?

17-36, 8 game losing streak. If that doesn't warrant change, I don't know what does.

Crap they won, what are the negative nancy's going to complain about this week? My guess is that they will lambast TD for not trading Travis Henry at the trade deadline.

Sat what you will about Miami being a terrible team but that was still a hard faught team victory by the Bills.

BillyT92679
10-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Me too.

I was appalled at how negative everyone here was, at half-time, down by 3. I can't understand how you can really claim to be a die-hard fan and be so negative. Part of being a die-hard fan is being optimistic in the face of overwhelmingly negative circumstances. You can use the "I'm being realistic" argument, as many of you do, but in my opinion, you're not a die-hard fan then. Against the Oilers back in '92 the realistic fans were already on their way home when the optimistic, die-hard fans got to see the greatest comeback ever.

Hell, criticism of the team, the GM, the coach, the players, whatever, is fine during the week, but giving up on your team at halftime when they're down by 3 is embarassing.
I thought they were going to come back to win. Still in all, they looked horrible, as horrible as they have been for the past 18 games. EVERYONE here is a die-hard fan, some are more optimistic than others, but we all love our Bills. They just haven't given us a reason to love them much lately.

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 03:45 PM
I thought they were going to come back to win. Still in all, they looked horrible, as horrible as they have been for the past 18 games. EVERYONE here is a die-hard fan, some are more optimistic than others, but we all love our Bills. They just haven't given us a reason to love them much lately.

Their DEFENSE looked horrible. Not much can be expected of an offense with a substitute starting at center, LT and HB. Willis had a very good game, the Oline gave pretty good protection and Drew made some nice plays. I thought the play calling was very strange (maybe stupid) in the early part of the game, but the offense was good in the second half. Maybe MM decided to yell at them at halftime instead of early in the fourth. But the defense looked awful in the first half. When they attacked at the end, they looked much better.

I always kind of liked Sammy Morris and thought he was underrated. But I didn't think he would do that well against us. Maybe he had something to prove, but at least he didn't come back to haunt us like some others have.

IMO, this was a good close win and hopefully gave this team some confidence. Stopped Miami after the TD after the good field position. Started the last drive from own five and drove the length of the field (maybe should have had the TD) and ran out the clock. What is not to like?

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Crap they won, what are the negative nancy's going to complain about this week? My guess is that they will lambast TD for not trading Travis Henry at the trade deadline.

Sat what you will about Miami being a terrible team but that was still a hard faught team victory by the Bills.

:up:

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM

Sat what you will about Miami being a terrible team but that was still a hard faught team victory by the Bills.You're right. We won a game against an 0-5 team! Yeeehaw! Now we're 1-4...1-8 in the last 9 games...so there's no need to complain anymore. Everything has changed with this ONE WIN. We're now 18-35. So now we can all say that TD has built a brilliant team. We're doing great. :rolleyes:

Jayhawk
10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
oh wait, am I supposed to say that he is the greatest and I take everything back?

aint going to happen. He needs to go.

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
You're right. We won a game against an 0-5 team! Yeeehaw! Now we're 1-4...1-8 in the last 9 games...so there's no need to complain anymore. Everything has changed with this ONE WIN. We're now 18-35. So now we can all say that TD has built a brilliant team. We're doing great. :rolleyes:

Amen bro. Amen. :up:

mybills
10-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Crap they won, what are the negative nancy's going to complain about this week?
:rofl: I coined that phrase in the game thread! :biggrin: And we won! :up:

mchurchfie
10-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Me too.

Part of being a die-hard fan is being optimistic in the face of overwhelmingly negative circumstances. Yeah, like about five years of overwhelmingly negative circumstances...puhleeease...enough is enough:doh:

EDS
10-17-2004, 05:31 PM
You're right. We won a game against an 0-5 team! Yeeehaw! Now we're 1-4...1-8 in the last 9 games...so there's no need to complain anymore. Everything has changed with this ONE WIN. We're now 18-35. So now we can all say that TD has built a brilliant team. We're doing great. :rolleyes:

Darn, I was wrong. I thought the negative nancys' would complain about not trading Travis Henry. In actuality, they are complaining about the fact that we beat a winless team. Good thing I did not put any money on that one.

Tatonka
10-17-2004, 05:32 PM
i am not happy with td right now.. but it doesnt really matter.. he is not going anywhere.. no matter what cynical or anyone else says.

i will be happy if jp turns out to be great, to go along with mcgahee and evans.

FTG
10-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Me too.

oh if we could only all be "true fans" like Wraith :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 05:36 PM
i will be happy if jp turns out to be great, to go along with mcgahee and evans.That is the *only* hope I have at this point...this season is done, Drew is done, the oline, etc. But if those 3 turn out to be the new triplets, then I will feel alot better. We will have a base to work from a la Kelly/TT/Reed. Time will tell.