PDA

View Full Version : Who starts next week if Henry is healthy?

FTG
10-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Is say Willis

Crisis
10-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Only thing concerning me with Willis was his knee was shaky twice.

After he hit that camera cart, I held my breath.

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 03:12 PM
No question in my mind, its gotta be Willis

mybills
10-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Willis may have gone back in at the last minute due to his pride and/or determination. The guy is injured or (reinjured), no doubt about it. And although he finally showed me what he's made of today, I voted for Travis.

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Willis may have gone back in at the last minute due to his pride and/or determination. The guy is injured or (reinjured), no doubt about it. And although he finally showed me what he's made of today, I voted for Travis.

Why? Willis came back to show the knee was just a bruise not a serious injury. What the hell has Travis done to get his job back? Ill answer it for you...NOT A DAMN THING!

Nighthawk
10-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Like I've been saying all year...MCGAHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

mybills
10-17-2004, 03:16 PM
After today, I truely believe that Willis can bring us more money ie trade bait, but we'll have to see by season's end if that holds any water. There is no way that even OBD can make that decision this early on in the season.

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM
After today, I truely believe that Willis can bring us more money ie trade bait, but we'll have to see by season's end if that holds any water. There is no way that even OBD can make that decision this early on in the season.

Why would you trade him?

Nighthawk
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM

How the hell do you know that Willis is reinjured..."no doubt about it?" Stupid a$$ comment! Think before you respond!

Kenny
10-17-2004, 03:20 PM
It's got to be McGahee... I dont know how any sane person who has seen both backs play this season can say otherwise.

FTG
10-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Why would you trade him?

Exactly. Don't trade the better back just because you can get more for him. He's our back of the future. Bye Bye Travis

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Welcome Kenny and well said!

mybills
10-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Hello?

LABillsFan
10-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Travis. He will have a chip on his shoulder and will be determined to put some distance between WM and himself. If TH faulters then bring in WM. TH was hurt how bad, I don't know. Starting WM could have been more to rattle TH and the team more so than it being a serious injury. In any event, Travis if healthy, should get the nod but WM should get more touches and replace TH if TH is ineffective.

mybills
10-17-2004, 04:09 PM
How the hell do you know that Willis is reinjured..."no doubt about it?" Stupid a$$ comment! Think before you respond!

I can only guess that you ONLY watched highlights. :scratch:

BillyT92679
10-17-2004, 04:14 PM
I picked Travis because he really hasn't done anything to deserve a benching. As a matter of fact, I think he has been playing hurt for a while.
Give Willis more touches though. If Travis does not play well next week, then I would consider a benching.

The_Philster
10-17-2004, 06:57 PM
I'd split the carries more evenly between them...part of me says Willis to start but who matches up better against the Ravens' D?

The King
10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
I'd split the carries more evenly between them...part of me says Willis to start but who matches up better against the Ravens' D?

Willis is playing with fire, henry has lacked that lately I would try to break the carries up a bit, see if you cant get Henry to step it back up.

shotgun
10-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I want mcgahee but i don;t want ray lewis putting mcgahee knee back were is was 21 months ago...

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Not even a question. Willis. Nuff said.

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 09:51 PM
I picked Travis because he really hasn't done anything to deserve a benching. As a matter of fact, I think he has been playing hurt for a while.
Give Willis more touches though. If Travis does not play well next week, then I would consider a benching.

It is a what have you done for me lately world where if your not being a key role to the team winning you aint playing. Just bc he hasnt done anything bad enough to lose the starting job doesnt mean he should keep it either. What has he done to keep it? He hasnt rushed for 100 yards yet, He hasnt blocked well at all, he hasnt caught the ball well either. Here are the stats to date:

Henry 80att 273yds 3.4 avg 14lng 0TD
McGahee 45att 181yds 4.0avg 31lng 0TD

Henry 6 catches for 29yds 4.8avg
McGahee 5 catches for 45yds 9.0avg

Now why does Henry still deserve the starting job?

Crisis
10-17-2004, 09:54 PM
It is a what have you done for me lately world where if your not being a key role to the team winning you aint playing. Just bc he hasnt done anything bad enough to lose the starting job doesnt mean he should keep it either. What has he done to keep it? He hasnt rushed for 100 yards yet, He hasnt blocked well at all, he hasnt caught the ball well either. Here are the stats to date:

Henry 80att 273yds 3.4 avg 14lng 0TD
McGahee 45att 181yds 4.0avg 31lng 0TD

Henry 6 catches for 29yds 4.8avg
McGahee 5 catches for 45yds 9.0avg

Now why does Henry still deserve the starting job?

Add the fact we're 1-0 with McGahee, who is a huge reason we won. As opposed to TH tripping in 2 games which probably cost us both.

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Add the fact we're 1-0 with McGahee, who is a huge reason we won. As opposed to TH tripping in 2 games which probably cost us both.

thats all hypothetical, dont forget McGahee blew blocks in both games and fell in this one, its inadmissable (sp?)

Crisis
10-17-2004, 09:58 PM
thats all hypothetical, dont forget McGahee blew blocks in both games and fell in this one, its inadmissable (sp?)

I'm just saying Henry doesn't help our chances to win, which makes Willis the obvious choice over him.

fabolouspaul
10-18-2004, 01:35 AM
I want mcgahee but i don;t want ray lewis putting mcgahee knee back were is was 21 months ago...

Man, the thought of that scares the hell outta me!! Im sure Ray Lewis wants to welcome McGahee into the NFL.

SABURZFAN
10-18-2004, 05:37 AM
i'd start henry.if they show that they've given up on him,his trade value goes down the toilet.

don137
10-18-2004, 07:11 AM
If Travis played with the same intensity as the last two years then I would say definitely start him but he seems to be playing like a man who knows his days in Buffalo are numbered. I think both players should play but give the majority should go to WM.

mush69
10-18-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm saying start Travis if he is healthy, I was watching him walk around the sideline and he did have a real pronounced limp. Willis did have a great game and I was very stoked about seeing more of him in the future, but IMO they could very well feed of each other and be a great 1-2 punch.

I'm also not in favor of someone losing their starting role when they are injured.

Typ0
10-18-2004, 08:39 AM
i'd start henry.if they show that they've given up on him,his trade value goes down the toilet.

I've seen a lot said with this logic...I don't think it's true. TH has had two consecutive seasons rushing over 1000 yards. The worst thing that can happen is for him to play every game and not get to the 1000 yard mark. It's safter to sit his ass on the bench in favor of the better back in terms of his trade value.

Jayhawk
10-18-2004, 08:44 AM
becaues Lewis is across the way, I start Joe Burns. Because we cannot risk henry or mcgahee getting injured.

Typ0
10-18-2004, 08:45 AM
you guys are hillarious....Ray Lewis is on the field let's start the third team...LMAO