PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe

Crisis
10-17-2004, 03:15 PM
He played good today. Finally got some time to do something. Made good decisions, even scrambled out of the pocket to throw the ball away when he was in trouble.

If this OL can get it's act together, Bledsoe will (hopefully) show us why we gave a 1st round pick for him. Even though he was against the Dolphins today, he threw for 200+ yards against the #1 pass defense in 30 mph winds.

Wraith
10-17-2004, 03:20 PM
I saw a lot of good things from him today:

-Good pocket presence, he ducked a few would-be sackers, ran for a 10 yard first down (called back, but the fact that he did it encourages me a lot).

-He got rid of the ball when he needed too, and even threw a beautiful pass to Evans downfield, against the wind, with a defender around his ankles, after running away from Taylor.

-Most importantly, he showed nice touch on a ton of short throws (something he get's a lot of flak for) that kept our O going against the wind. That was key.

-No mistakes. No interceptions, no fumbles, no trip ups, only one sack.

Iehoshua
10-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Definitely a big big DLC-esque :up: to Drew this week.

shelby
10-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Bledsoe still has a decent arm, when he has time to throw, and doesn't hold on to the ball too long.
He looked good today.:up:

BAM
10-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Go Drew! http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/jam.gif http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/jam.gif

justasportsfan
10-17-2004, 03:58 PM
His best game in a long time. I did call it though, 1st play of the O a long ball to Evans. Too bad the wind got the ball sailing down too deep for Evans.

Drewpac
10-17-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm a Bledsoe hater and I have to admit he looked very good today given the weather conditions. If he can play at this level I don't have a problem with him at QB.

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 05:04 PM
We have been so bad on offense that when we have one game where we don't 100% suck, it feels like things (and Drew) are going to actually do something.

Trust me, Drew is still and always has been not the answer.

BillyT92679
10-17-2004, 05:09 PM
We have been so bad on offense that when we have one game where we don't 100% suck, it feels like things (and Drew) are going to actually do something.

Trust me, Drew is still and always has been not the answer.
Though we played the No. 1 pass defense in the league today, and he went for 212 with a td and no picks. I am no fan of Bledsoe's, but I really think, with good o-line play, he can be more than serviceable. I really think they must put Marcus Price at Right Tackle, and move Mike Williams inside.

mybills
10-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Drew STILL only has an arm. I'm not forgiving the mistakes he made today. :down:

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Though we played the No. 1 pass defense in the league today, and he went for 212 with a td and no picks. I am no fan of Bledsoe's, but I really think, with good o-line play, he can be more than serviceable. I really think they must put Marcus Price at Right Tackle, and move Mike Williams inside.
I hear you, but one game does not a QB make (and it's not like he had a "great" game). Again, we are used to such crappy play that *any* sign of decent play is like a gold nugget. Like that old expression, if you've been starving for a long time, even a Saltine will taste like a Ritz cracker.

But the question you have to ask is this... why do we want a "serviceable" QB playing when we are 1-4, especially one making the millions that he does? I just hope when the time comes MM doesn't lose sight of the fact Drew will be gone next year and that JP needs to get the exp now. Look at Big Ben. If he can do it, so can JP.

bledslow
10-17-2004, 05:34 PM
drew should of been picked off twice today(easily). actually maybe even 3 times.he lucked out. he still only had 2 more completions then incompletions.thats now considered good for him.

Tatonka
10-17-2004, 05:39 PM
one knock on drew has ALWAYS been that he does well against the **** teams and horrible against the good ones.. he fumbled the ball and watched seymore run in the winning td in the pats game.. and he threw one td and didnt screw up against an 0-5 miami team..

seriously.. is this something to be excited about? the fact that bledsoe didnt blow this game?

Philagape
10-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Bledsoe bashers are acting as if this is his first good game. In fact, he has played only one bad game all year, at Oakland. Aside from Moulds -- who obviously does nothing without Drew -- Drew has been the best player on offense this season. Granted, that's not saying much, and I'd love to see Willis become the centerpiece of the offense.

mybills
10-17-2004, 05:57 PM
seriously.. is this something to be excited about? the fact that bledsoe didnt blow this game?
yup. :ill:

Crisis
10-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Bledsoe bashers are acting as if this is his first good game. In fact, he has played only one bad game all year, at Oakland. Aside from Moulds -- who obviously does nothing without Drew -- Drew has been the best player on offense this season. Granted, that's not saying much, and I'd love to see Willis become the centerpiece of the offense.

I agree.

The Bledsoe bashers say the same thing week-in and week-out. But, whether you like it or not, Bledsoe is not the reason for the offensive sputter this season.

Other than the Oakland game, he's the only thing holding the O together, IMO.

Tatonka
10-17-2004, 06:15 PM
i think if you guys actually read what the "bledsoe bashers" were saying you would see that no one has blamed him for every loss.. but he also has not played well enough to actually WIN a game.. his "good" games have been just average, and his bad game cost us in New England.

i will say it again.. any monkey can do what bledsoe is asked to do.. which is just not blow the game.. and they could do it for alot less than 4-6 million a year.

Crisis
10-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Who could?

Keep in mind most of Bledsoe's TDs have been huge slinged passes, or 40 yard bombs.

Could Shane Matthews throw like he did in the wind? Could Matthews even throw the ball 40 yards downfield?

I mention Matthews because he is our only other option.

Philagape
10-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Henry cost us the NE game way more than Drew did.

mybills
10-17-2004, 06:24 PM
i think if you guys actually read what the "bledsoe bashers" were saying you would see that no one has blamed him for every loss.. but he also has not played well enough to actually WIN a game.. his "good" games have been just average, and his bad game cost us in New England.

i will say it again.. any monkey can do what bledsoe is asked to do.. which is just not blow the game.. and they could do it for alot less than 4-6 million a year.
AMEN to that. Big Whoop- he actually ran for a first down today. Let's see that more often. Will we? No, we won't. He's an (arm only) QB and that's what he will always be. Unfortunatly, we need more...every week. :(