PDA

View Full Version : Hey TD, trade deadline is this week!

BillsRockSOMUCH
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM
This week McGahee really proved he can handle the load. So if you can get something pretty good for Henry why not pull the trigger?

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 03:18 PM
tough call...I honestly dont know. Depends on Shaud Williams and when he will be healthy.

Jersey1031
10-17-2004, 03:20 PM
we wont get much for a hurt henry

Jayhawk
10-17-2004, 03:20 PM
if he can get an olineman out of a deal, then do it

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 03:26 PM
we wont get much for a hurt henry

We'll get even less if we wait till after the season to trade him. Trade him for a 2nd rounder.

mybills
10-17-2004, 03:33 PM
It took 5 ***** weeks for McGahee to prove himself. Hello? Do you really think OBD is THAT stupid? :jawdrop:

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 03:36 PM
It took 5 ***** weeks for McGahee to prove himself. Hello? Do you really think OBD is THAT stupid? :jawdrop:

This is the first game he's been a starter in and he surpassed Henry by a mile.

Sorry Mybills, but we need to trade Henry now while we can get the max value for him.

mybills
10-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Same can be said for Travis..don't jump the gun.

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Same can be said for Travis..don't jump the gun.

Travis won't be back next year. He wants out with Willis here. Either trade him now and get something or let him walk at the end of the season and get nothing. Your choice.

EDS
10-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Travis won't be back next year. He wants out with Willis here. Either trade him now and get something or let him walk at the end of the season and get nothing. Your choice.

He cannot walk at the end of the season, he is signed through 2005.

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 04:24 PM
He cannot walk at the end of the season, he is signed through 2005.

Watch him demand a trade or sit out.

Ebenezer
10-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Not only is he signed but he is cheap against the cap...don't be surprised that Henry is still here if TD can't get good value back for him.

ryjam282
10-17-2004, 04:42 PM
I would not be suprised if he is dealt. I know trades don't happen that often but I would not doubt it......

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Having another year left on his contract is actually to our advantage. It makes him MUCH more affordable for other teams.

G. Host
10-17-2004, 09:04 PM
How do you get value for a first round pick which you paid an entire season for no production from? TD took a very long shot and even though it looks like he has a busted flush he needs to play it.

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Not only is he signed but he is cheap against the cap...don't be surprised that Henry is still here if TD can't get good value back for him.

Exactly. He won't just GIVE him away. Hell, Dallas, Miami Arizona etc. needs a good young back.

I would give Henry and our third to Dallas for our first back. :D

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 09:14 PM
I would give Henry and our third to Dallas for our first back. :DAgreed. :up:

(altho that will never happen unfortunately)

Jayhawk
10-17-2004, 09:16 PM
yeah I would do that too

Dozerdog
10-17-2004, 09:24 PM

He can't walk- and if he sits out he will be in dire economic straights.

He signed a sweetheart deal because the Bills loaned him $$$ when he blew his money.

Henry holds no cards- and His current agent seems like a real nimrod if he's drinking shots out of a bowling ball. :rofl:

Everyone thinks because He might get only 800 yards sharing or backing up McGahee that his "Value" will plummet. Nothing is further than the truth.
On the way home tonight Pat Kirwan discussed this on the NFL radio channel.
He's discussed this with a lot of GMs around the league and many teams are drooling over his contract.

When they see Henry, they see a 1400 yard, 12 TD back with guts. If anything- RBs only have an infinate number of carries on their bodies in a career, and by not giving him 150-200 less carries will actualy somewhat help his value- less wear and tear.

If TD wanted to roll the dice, he could find a team that is hanging on to a playoff chance but is one very good (and cap freindly) RB away. A team like, .....Oddly- Dallas.....

But I doubt TD will commit to trading him this year unless someone comes to him with an offer to good to give up. McGahee has 1 start under him. Let's see what a couple hundred carries does to the kid.

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Is it possible that Henry was healthy enough to play today and that in addition to playing McGahee to see if he was ready, that they didn't want Henry to get hurt so that he would be healthy enough to pass a physical if they DO trade him? Maybe there was a deal already in the works and the team he would be going to would rather he not get injured.

Just a thought.

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 09:45 PM
He can't walk- and if he sits out he will be in dire economic straights.

He signed a sweetheart deal because the Bills loaned him $$$ when he blew his money.

Henry holds no cards- and His current agent seems like a real nimrod if he's drinking shots out of a bowling ball. :rofl:

Everyone thinks because He might get only 800 yards sharing or backing up McGahee that his "Value" will plummet. Nothing is further than the truth.
On the way home tonight Pat Kirwan discussed this on the NFL radio channel.
He's discussed this with a lot of GMs around the league and many teams are drooling over his contract.

When they see Henry, they see a 1400 yard, 12 TD back with guts. If anything- RBs only have an infinate number of carries on their bodies in a career, and by not giving him 150-200 less carries will actualy somewhat help his value- less wear and tear.

If TD wanted to roll the dice, he could find a team that is hanging on to a playoff chance but is one very good (and cap freindly) RB away. A team like, .....Oddly- Dallas.....

But I doubt TD will commit to trading him this year unless someone comes to him with an offer to good to give up. McGahee has 1 start under him. Let's see what a couple hundred carries does to the kid.

LOL!! I would like to now if his agent showed up today!! Anybody heard from Pinto guy today? :D

tampabay25690
10-17-2004, 10:41 PM
This week McGahee really proved he can handle the load. So if you can get something pretty good for Henry why not pull the trigger?

I will be honest, I say we do......Its very obvious that Willis will be the guy in Buff so lets get something now for Travis..

SABURZFAN
10-18-2004, 05:49 AM
This week McGahee really proved he can handle the load.

i'm still not convinced that he can.he got hurt at the end of the game because he went half speed on that play.there's a huge difference between the Miami Dolphins and Rutgers.

Jayhawk
10-18-2004, 06:13 AM
There is a difference?

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Henry holds no cards- and His current agent seems like a real nimrod if he's drinking shots out of a bowling ball. :rofl:.:down: You've been spending too much time with that pansy LOG who was afraid to even go see the Pinto

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2004, 07:54 AM
i'm still not convinced that he can.he got hurt at the end of the game because he went half speed on that play.there's a huge difference between the Miami Dolphins and Rutgers.

He got hurt because he was out of bounds and was off balance when the Miami player cheap shotted him (is that even a word?). When he landed, he hit the freaking camera stand. THAT is why he got hurt.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 08:14 AM
He got hurt because he was out of bounds and was off balance when the Miami player cheap shotted him (is that even a word?). When he landed, he hit the freaking camera stand. THAT is why he got hurt.
correct :up:

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 08:18 AM
can you imagine the screaming if TD gets less than value for Henry....

Cntrygal
10-18-2004, 08:39 AM
WM starts and plays well in ONE game against a winless team and everyone is ready to trade TH? I'd rather go back to the original plan and use BOTH for the season (have 'em both on the field at the same time).

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2004, 08:45 AM
WM starts and plays well in ONE game against a winless team and everyone is ready to trade TH? I'd rather go back to the original plan and use BOTH for the season (have 'em both on the field at the same time).

Me too. But if I could get Miami's first or Dallas's first that we gave them, I would do it in a second. I love the way Travis plays, but his career won't be too long for the way he plays. They will move him anyway IMO, I would like to get great value if they do. Trading to a team in deperate need of a RB that feels they can compete would probably be best case scenario though.

Does anyone have a comment on my previous post? Post #19

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Exactly. He won't just GIVE him away. Hell, Dallas, Miami Arizona etc. needs a good young back.

I would give Henry and our third to Dallas for our first back. :D
That would be nice...ain't going to happen...

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2004, 08:57 AM
That would be nice...ain't going to happen...

I meant the OTHER post Eb. :;

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Is it possible that Henry was healthy enough to play today and that in addition to playing McGahee to see if he was ready, that they didn't want Henry to get hurt so that he would be healthy enough to pass a physical if they DO trade him? Maybe there was a deal already in the works and the team he would be going to would rather he not get injured.

Just a thought.

My wife has plantar fascia in her left foot...she can barely get off the couch sometimes...can't imagine Henry putting a lot of weight on it...the timing is suspect with the trade deadline coming up but I don't think there is a deal going down.

SABURZFAN
10-18-2004, 10:13 AM

i wasn't talking about the shot he took out of bounds.i was talking about the play at the end of the game where he came up limping and left the game for a play. :rolleyes:

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2004, 10:15 AM
i wasn't talking about the shot he took out of bounds.i was talking about the play at the end of the game where he came up limping and left the game for a play. :rolleyes:

On THAT play, a defensive player rolled and fell on his ankles. What the hell is he supposed to do there?

Dozerdog
10-18-2004, 10:18 AM
:down: You've been spending too much time with that pansy LOG who was afraid to even go see the Pinto

Geesh Phil- don't get the panties into a bunch.

Bowling Ball shots are cool- however I would not show up to my client's place of work and start doing them. What happends if he runs into Wilson or Donahoe and he's wasted? What kind of impression and / or damage does he do to his client?

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Now that I can agree with. It's not that he was out doing bowling ball shots that was the problem. He actually did that to make amends after he was such a jackass and then found out that the Chef was legit. The problem was that he was out there blitzed off his ass.

tampabay25690
10-18-2004, 10:53 AM

Well Miami has a pretty damn good Defense!!!!

Billz_fan
10-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Man, what a tough crowd. Im as happy for Willis as everyone else is. He had a great game.

However we played the 0-6 Dolphins who are struggling as bad if not worse than the Bills are.

I am not ready to hand the keys to the car to Willis just yet. Let him carry the ball a few hundred times and see if he can give us at least a thousand yard season before Im willing to just get rid of a guy with 2 1500 yard sesons.

I can see it now, TD trades Travis to another team for a draft pick or even a current player. Travis runs wild and has another 1000 yard plus season. Willis struggles behind our O'line against better teams than the phish or worse yet gets hurt.

Next day after injury.... 25 threads calling TD a bonehead for trading Travis cus now we got no one left thats any good.

Voltron
10-18-2004, 11:46 AM
:bf1:

I agree. Every time I was watching WM get tackled I was praying he would get up. When he came up limping in the 4th Quarter I was freaked because of the way he was limping. I thought he might have done something to the knee again.

Why would you want to trade a player who is the #1 back on the team, has shown over and over he is tough, has never done anything but get better from the day he got here, and who is a veteran leader on the team?

:huh:

Bill Brasky
10-18-2004, 11:50 AM
I'd rather seem him get somebody in to help this line, rather than shake up the only position with any depth on the roster.