X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Although it's a win

1 TD and 2 FG's. I am not complaining about 20 points but I would have liked to have seen at least 1 more TD instead of FG. Take TS int/TD away and it's anyone's game. I love the fact that our D and ST can score but it's not something they will do every week. The Bills need at least 2 TD's/per game. I don't want the game to be up to Lindell to win. Even with the wind his kickoffs were short.

Our D is seemingly digressing every game. While they had some great plays today I don't like the fact that SM had so many yards. He is no all star. It seems every time we release an RB we get torched. Antwain Smith, now Sammy Morris. Wuts up wid dat?
    Last edited by LABillsFan; 10-17-2004, 04:14 PM.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • Wraith
    • Mar 2003

Don't forget the field goal that the wind killed. Plus the Bills were on the 1 inch line when they let the clock run out. The score could've been higher had they needed it to be. All this against the #2 D in the league, #1 against the pass, when the wind killed the vertical passing games and any attempts to pass to the sideline.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Another important point is that the defense made some adjustments at halftime that obviously worked, because Morris and the rest of the Miami offense did little in the second half. That is a sign of either good coaching by Gray or good intensity by the Defense, either way it is good sign. Holding the phins to that field goal in the end was a great effort.

Comment

• Drewpac
        • Jul 2002

As someone who was at the game, I can tell you that the 2nd half was a solid effort by everyone; offense, defense, ST, and coaching. This was a good win for the Bills.

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

Also starting the last drive at their own 6 and marching it to the Phins 1 to run out the clock was great. I just thought that this was going to be a breakout game for the offense and would have liked to have gotten another TD. I really can't complain about the game, Bledsoe was on, Moulds and Willis were sic, Edwards, Schoebel, Spikes had really good games. It is a game to build on and a win is a win, I want 2 td's though.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Bills could have scored again but coaching staff did not feel need to get extra score. You could see Bledsoe and Lindell both disagreed with call; Bledsoe wanted to go for it and Lindell wanted to go for FG.

Comment

• LABillsFan
              • Aug 2002

I actually wasn't talking about the last drive, but the fact that 1 td in general is still a problem. Yes the Dophins have a good D, and the Bills O had a better game aqainst them than most of the phins opponents this year, but 2 TD's is what it's going to take in most of the games remaining and probalby 3-4 in a few as well.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                Another important point is that the defense made some adjustments at halftime that obviously worked, because Morris and the rest of the Miami offense did little in the second half. That is a sign of either good coaching by Gray or good intensity by the Defense, either way it is good sign. Holding the phins to that field goal in the end was a great effort.
                good intensity of the defense, don't give too much credit to Gray
                http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Is it ever good enough?

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                    • Mar 2003

WM ramming it home for the score with under a minute left on 4th down would have been great. The fans would have gone nuts. It was Miami! No mercy. Let the clock run down to 5 seconds and go for it.

And it would have proved that after 7 rushing plays on the goaline this year the Bills could actually score.

5 games with no rushing TDs is pathetic.
                    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                      WM ramming it home for the score with under a minute left on 4th down would have been great. The fans would have gone nuts. It was Miami! No mercy. Let the clock run down to 5 seconds and go for it.

And it would have proved that after 7 rushing plays on the goaline this year the Bills could actually score.

Football coaching 101- Never risk a snap if you don't need to. All it takes is one fumble and a 100 yard return (It happened against Green Bay this year vs Chicago) everyone is screaming for Mularkey's head.

Toss in 0-4 start, and you don't do anything to jeopordize the win. There was nothing to gain except one more hilight in the game film.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                        Is it ever good enough?
                        To be honest no. 13 points gets the Bills a tie in weeks 1,2 and 5 and still a loss in weeks 2 and 4. I'm happy with the win but 1 TD and still no rushing TD's is a problem. The Bills are going to need another 20 points next week and you can't rely on getting a D TD or TD by the ST every week to get you that win.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

That's why they created the kneel down. The game is won, run the clock out. Besides we still have to go to Miami and there is no reason to give them any more ammo to get pumped up for that game.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                            Also starting the last drive at their own 6 and marching it to the Phins 1 to run out the clock was great. I just thought that this was going to be a breakout game for the offense and would have liked to have gotten another TD. I really can't complain about the game, Bledsoe was on, Moulds and Willis were sic, Edwards, Schoebel, Spikes had really good games. It is a game to build on and a win is a win, I want 2 td's though.
                            You know what is good enough for me, just one more point than the other team gets.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

we can thank donna ho for that awesome OL that he has given this football team.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X