PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams??

Ebenezer
10-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Anybody know what happened with Sam Adams?? Clump and I saw Jerry Gray jumping up and down and then SA ripped off his helmet and threw it...he didn't play again and wasn't even on the sideline after halftime.

Any clue?

BillyT92679
10-17-2004, 04:50 PM
All I know is Ron Edwards played well.

LABillsFan
10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
A reporter asked Ron Edwards about it and RE wouldn't get into it by saying you'll have to ask him. I'm glad to see Gray getting in the face though. Produce or sit.

mybills
10-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Sam Adams squished a fish (Sammy Morris). That's all I care about! :rofl:

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Anybody know what happened with Sam Adams?? Clump and I saw Jerry Gray jumping up and down and then SA ripped off his helmet and threw it...he didn't play again and wasn't even on the sideline after halftime.

Any clue?

Well it's about time coaches started getting in players faces around here. :up:

Jayhawk
10-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Adams probably eat Calista Flockhart at half time and was too overweight

FTG
10-17-2004, 04:57 PM
I did not even realize Adams was out of the game. Edwards sure was noticable though. He played great

Tatonka
10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
yeah.. edwards played great.. i will be interested to see if he says anything.. i bet you that MM wont allow it though.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Some posters at bb.com are saying that WGR is reporting that Adams got mad when Gray pulled him. They are also saying that WGR is saying that Adams will be cut, which is probably a load of BS.

The_Philster
10-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Adams and Williams got pulled out for a few plays and replaced by Edwards and Bannan after the starting tandem got run over by the Fish running game. Only thing is, Williams listened to the coaches and came out of the game...Adams didn't at first...Bannan was smart enough to get off the field before we got penalized for 12 men on the field. I doubt Adams will be cut this week but I wouldn't be totally against it after that stunt.

Samphin1
10-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Adams probably eat Calista Flockhart at half time and was too overweight

Nah, that would be a diet for Fat Adams.

Michael82
10-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Adams and Williams got pulled out for a few plays and replaced by Edwards and Bannan after the starting tandem got run over by the Fish running game. Only thing is, Williams listened to the coaches and came out of the game...Adams didn't at first...Bannan was smart enough to get off the field before we got penalized for 12 men on the field. I doubt Adams will be cut this week but I wouldn't be totally against it after that stunt.
Either would I. :mad:

Ebenezer
10-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Edwards and Williams alone ain't going to cut it...although, this should give TD cause to resign PW soon.

The_Philster
10-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Edwards and Williams alone ain't going to cut it...although, this should give TD cause to resign PW soon.
True...but I do think Edwards will start seeing more playing time after today..maybe next offseason we dump Adams and re-sign Williams. :idunno:
Adams has a 4-year contract....in the second year of the deal. I don't have his contract numbers in my Access database, though. What kind of a cap hit would it be to dump him?

Cntrygal
10-17-2004, 07:38 PM
I missed that excitement. :mad:

Ebenezer
10-17-2004, 07:40 PM
True...but I do think Edwards will start seeing more playing time after today..maybe next offseason we dump Adams and re-sign Williams. :idunno:
Adams has a 4-year contract....in the second year of the deal. I don't have his contract numbers in my Access database, though. What kind of a cap hit would it be to dump him?
ask me tomorrow...my stuff is on the other computer...

juice
10-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Nah, that would be a diet for Fat Adams.
I thought you would be somewhere taking a stiff drink instead of making jokes.. 0-16 Phins :cry:

TigerJ
10-17-2004, 08:24 PM
I too missed the sideline action. Ron Edwards looks like he may have finally arrived though. He obviously outplayed Sam Adams.

Samphin1
10-17-2004, 08:41 PM
I thought you would be somewhere taking a stiff drink instead of making jokes.. 0-16 Phins :cry:

Nah. I have nothing to be bummed about. Today;s loss almost certainly clinches it for the end of the Wannstedt/Fiedler era in Miami. One losing season to get rid of these bums I can take. Buffalo on the other hand, looks like they will be going for what, their third straight season without a winning record?

Losing sucks, but losing Wanny and Fiedler makes it worthwhile. :clap:

Marvelous
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Ron Edwards 2 sacks :) woot.

looks right Edwards & Adams next year. In th epast Edwards has made the best of his limited playing time. imo we need another big fat DT to plug up when one of them gets winded..

GO BILLS!!!

Dozerdog
10-17-2004, 09:36 PM
People- let's not over- react.

1- It was the crappy Fin line. Let's not annoint Edwards as the next Ted Washington quite yet. He played great today- but let's not get carried away.

2- Again-It was the crappy Fin line. Gray might not have pulled such a disciplinary move in the heat of the battle against a quality opponent.

I bet Sam Adams gets fined- maybe even sit down to open the Raven game. But cut him? He's not played that bad this season.

BAM
10-17-2004, 09:40 PM
We can't cut Adams I have his jersey!

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 09:42 PM
People- let's not over- react.

1- It was the crappy Fin line. Let's not annoint Edwards as the next Ted Washington quite yet. He played great today- but let's not get carried away.

2- Again-It was the crappy Fin line. Gray might not have pulled such a disciplinary move in the heat of the battle against a quality opponent.

I bet Sam Adams gets fined- maybe even sit down to open the Raven game. But cut him? He's not played that bad this season.

Gotta agree there.

Sam and his teammates HAVE been called a bunch of losers this season and maybe he was just sick of it and wanted to stay in the game.

Either way, the emotion on the sidelines is a good thing. Too bad it took this long to arrive.

Crisis
10-17-2004, 09:45 PM
The coaches should give him some Anchor Bar coupons.

They'd reconcile in no time.

tampabay25690
10-17-2004, 10:43 PM

I agree, let the young Edward splay, at least he shows he wants to play..

G. Host
10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Sam Adams squished a fish (Sammy Morris). That's all I care about! :rofl:

Well that "fish" slipped out of Sam Adam's hands when he had him dead-to-right. If Damn Sam has not been pulled we would have lost!