Something to keep in mind.

Game 1: 10
Game 2: 10
Game 3: 10
Game 4: 14
Game 5: 13

Tatonka
10-17-2004, 05:43 PM
that is above our season average of 12.5!

FTG
10-17-2004, 05:46 PM
the offense played well today. On a normal wind day we would have had 2 more FG's and we ended the game on thier 1 yard line after a 94 yard drive.

justasportsfan
10-17-2004, 05:47 PM
O cmon you guys. We've bashed ourO when they stunk. They may have been decent today but you gotta give credit where credit is due. They score 13 pts. against an awsome D.

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 05:50 PM
O cmon you guys. We've bashed ourO when they stunk. They may have been decent today but you gotta give credit where credit is due. They score 13 pts. against an awsome D.It would be different if they had scored more than 12 ppg the rest of the season. But this is really just more of the same, which is why I'm not all excited. If miami had any sort of offense we probably would have lost imo. But we won because miami is actually...unbelievably...a worse team than the Bills.

justasportsfan
10-17-2004, 06:12 PM
If miami had any sort of offense we probably would have lost imo. .the thread is about our O and not our D

juice
10-17-2004, 06:17 PM
O cmon you guys. We've bashed ourO when they stunk. They may have been decent today but you gotta give credit where credit is due. They score 13 pts. against an awsome D.
Must be that time of the month for a few of these *****es.

Tatonka
10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
apparently juice is happy with 13 points a game by our offense..

just like he is happy with our FS taking horrible penalties that almost cost us games and not making any plays otherwise.

Crisis
10-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Wow, every thread here turns into the same ****.

northernbillfan
10-17-2004, 06:23 PM
that is above our season average of 12.5!
Going in the team had an 11 point average.

After this week the O has an 11.4 pts per game average

LarryBoy
10-17-2004, 06:34 PM

:bf1:

cordog
10-17-2004, 06:55 PM
It would be different if they had scored more than 12 ppg the rest of the season. But this is really just more of the same, which is why I'm not all excited. If miami had any sort of offense we probably would have lost imo. But we won because miami is actually...unbelievably...a worse team than the Bills.

If miami had an offense, they would be a pretty damn good team. Yes they only scored 13 points but they played good ball in the second half. They moved the ball on a good defense and ended the game on the 1 yard line. They took the ball at the 6 and never let miami touch it again. Lets give them a little bit of credit here. miami may be 0-6, but the defense isnt an 0-6 D.

lunatic_bills_fan
10-17-2004, 06:58 PM
It would be different if they had scored more than 12 ppg the rest of the season. But this is really just more of the same, which is why I'm not all excited. If miami had any sort of offense we probably would have lost imo. But we won because miami is actually...unbelievably...a worse team than the Bills.

Who gives a sh&% about their offence. Fact is Miami's defence is second only to the Ravens IMO. The offence played well today. Now chillout Wys.

justasportsfan
10-17-2004, 07:01 PM
let's just be happy for the "W" for now.

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Who gives a sh&% about their offence. Fact is Miami's defence is second only to the Ravens IMO. The offence played well today. Now chillout Wys.Start popping the champagne corks, we're going to the super bowl. :shakeno:

It's amazing how low some people's expectations have become. I guess that is what happens with an 18-35 record.

cordog
10-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Start popping the champagne corks, we're going to the super bowl. :shakeno:

It's amazing how low some people's expectations have become. I guess that is what happens with an 18-35 record.

Who said anything about popping champagne??? The offense played well the second half of the game. If you wanna just look at the stats and see they only scored 13 then fine, but in the real world they played pretty well the second half

DaBills
10-17-2004, 08:37 PM
"the offense played well today"

The offense played usual today, nothing more. If Spikes doesn't get that pick, it's a different story.

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 08:47 PM

The offense played usual today, nothing more. If Spikes doesn't get that pick, it's a different story.
Exactly.

cordog
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Exactly.

How can you say that???? If TKO doesnt pick it off it changes the whole game. But sense we are playing this little game, ill go along....
If TKO doesnt get the pick, the Phins go 3 and out and have to punt into the wind. We get the ball at their 35 and Bledsoe throws a 17 yard TD pass to Moulds.

cordog
10-17-2004, 09:26 PM

Did you watch the second half????? Just because they didnt put up 35 points doesnt mean they didnt play well. Anyone remember this horrible offense keeping the ball for over 6 minutes at the end of the game and driving 94 yards on a good Miami defense.

BTW, I cant exactly remember but at the half the Bills had 99 total yards. We ended at 341. so the bills racked up 242 in the second half.

BAM
10-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Good game today folks! I don't care how ugly it was (actually it wasn't ugly at all). As long as we get a win that's fine with me brotha! http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/jam.gif

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 09:34 PM
How can you say that???? If TKO doesnt pick it off it changes the whole game. But sense we are playing this little game, ill go along....
If TKO doesnt get the pick, the Phins go 3 and out and have to punt into the wind. We get the ball at their 35 and Bledsoe throws a 17 yard TD pass to Moulds.
Not to nitpick, but throwing a 17 YD pass from the 35 gets us to the 18, not the end zone.

BAM
10-17-2004, 09:35 PM
:snicker:

cordog
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Not to nitpick, but throwing a 17 YD pass from the 35 gets us to the 18, not the end zone.

wow your pretty good at that math stuff huh?

maybe Willis may have had a few good runs mixed in there, you know since TKO didnt get that INT

Crisis
10-17-2004, 09:40 PM

Not before a 15 yard McGahee run.

If Spikes doesn't get the INT, and we dont score on that next drive, which we would have great field position and wind in, we win on a last second FG on the goal line.

It doesn't matter. The INT happened, and the offense played with it. The offense did what it needed to at the end, which was eating up clock. They moved the ball good against the #2 D in the league. Anyway you stack that its an accomplishment, and gives me hope that they're making strides.

finsrclowns
10-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Start popping the champagne corks, we're going to the super bowl. :shakeno:

And we'll have fun fun fun now that daddy took the T-bird away... :pir:

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Not before a 15 yard McGahee run.

If Spikes doesn't get the INT, and we dont score on that next drive, which we would have great field position and wind in, we win on a last second FG on the goal line.

It doesn't matter. The INT happened, and the offense played with it. The offense did what it needed to at the end, which was eating up clock. They moved the ball good against the #2 D in the league. Anyway you stack that its an accomplishment, and gives me hope that they're making strides.
If you want to consider 13 pts making strides when their ppg average is 11.4, that's up to you. To me, it is the same ol tired story. The only bright spot I took away from the game was Willis' performance.

Dozerdog
10-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Did any of the guys whining on how our offense sucked today go to the game?

The wind was strong enough to blow hats off of heads. I observed the ground crew actually trying to tighten and adjust the goalposts at one end because the winds were twisting them.

Witht he exception of one play call - throwing on 1st down into the wind on your own ten (sack) this offense played great.They blocked well- McGahee picked up blitzes- Bledsoe's rifle was of use in the wind..... and they played an altenate game of moving the ball and being bolder with the wind- and just killing clock and playing keep away from the fins against the wind.

I thought it was one of our best games since we whipped the Pats and Jax last year. We could have put up more if we pressed- but that could have resulted in a disaster. It takes just one play to turn the game.

But go figure- even in victory someone's going to not be happy about it.

Crisis
10-17-2004, 10:09 PM
If you want to consider 13 pts making strides when their ppg average is 11.4, that's up to you. To me, it is the same ol tired story. The only bright spot I took away from the game was Willis' performance.

Its 13 points more than I expected them to score.

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 10:09 PM

The wind was strong enough to blow hats off of heads. I observed the ground crew actually trying to tighten and adjust the goalposts at one end because the winds were twisting them.

Witht he exception of one play call - throwing on 1st down into the wind on your own ten (sack) this offense played great.They blocked well- McGahee picked up blitzes- Bledsoe's rifle was of use in the wind..... and they played an altenate game of moving the ball and being bolder with the wind- and just killing clock and playing keep away from the fins against the wind.

I thought it was one of our best games since we whipped the Pats and Jax last year. We could have put up more if we pressed- but that could have resulted in a disaster. It takes just one play to turn the game.

13 points.

Crisis
10-17-2004, 10:10 PM
How did the Pats offense look against the Dolphins D in much better conditions?

cordog
10-17-2004, 10:11 PM
13 points.

WOW!!! Theres a good arguement!

Dozerdog
10-17-2004, 10:13 PM
13 points.

win

DaBills
10-17-2004, 10:21 PM
"Did you watch the second half?????"

OH MY GOD YES I DID!!!!!!

Did you watch the first? 3 points by the O through mid-3rd. Against better teams, that output hasn't been or won't be good enough to win.

Dozer, I hear ya, but this anemic O played the same way in games where wind wasn't a factor. Arm strength has always been a plus with him, not disputing that. But today you still got all the extras thrown in:

Lack of touch in short pass or screen situations. Stalled drives. Lack of any ability to rollout or bootleg inside the redzone when it's there for the taking. Reverse plays that go nowhere? This O can't match a score for score against teams and is dying because of it. Look at this typical scenario so far this year:

How many games where we are down 7-0 only to eat up clock with what appears to be a good drive, only to fold. Then we give it back to the other side, they go up again with another TD or 3 points. Then we try again and fold. It's halftime before you know it and the O is progressively scoring backwards. Yes, it's a new phrase – you'll thank me later. ;-)

Point being the O by going 3-and out digs itself deeper and deeper.

I take a win, ugly or not, and maybe this is a turning point for them to rally around, but by what I saw, they haven't shown anything today with Drew at the helm that we haven't seen this year that makes me go "they finally figured it out!" I think Drew can be effective in a Dilfer-like running attack with Willis and having Moulds not going deep all the time. I don't think though that Drew is the kind of QB that will be able to accept that role.

This was an 0-5 team we played with a sub-par QB. (Well, actually par for both QBs.) But hey, I'm blinded by hate according to the excusers. But then Rob Johnson looked good against sub-500 teams too.

:nervous:

finsrclowns
10-17-2004, 10:28 PM

:10:

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 10:28 PM

Did you watch the first? 3 points by the O through mid-3rd. Against better teams, that output hasn't been or won't be good enough to win.

Dozer, I hear ya, but this anemic O played the same way in games where wind wasn't a factor. Arm strength has always been a plus with him, not disputing that. But today you still got all the extra thrown in:

Lack of touch in short pass or screen situations. Stalled drives. Lack of any ability to rollout or bootleg inside the redzone when it's there for the taking. Reverse plays that go nowhere? This O can't match a score for score against teams and is dying because of it. Look at this typical scenario so far this year:

How many games where we are down 7-0 only to eat up clock with what appears to be a good drive, only to fold. Then we give it back to the other side, they go up again with another TD or 3 points. Then we try again and fold. It's halftime before you know it and the O is progressively scoring backwards. Yes, it's a new phrase – you'll thank me later. ;-)

Point being the O by going 3-and out digs itself deeper and deeper.

I take a win, ugly or not, but by what I saw, they haven't shown anything today with Drew at the helm that we haven't seen this year that makes me go "they finally figured it out!"

This was an 0-5 team we played with a sub-par QB. (Well, actually par for both QBs.) But hey, I'm blinded by hate according to the excusers. Rob Johnson looked good against sub-500 teams too.

:10:

Great post. You're on a roll today.

cordog
10-17-2004, 10:32 PM

Yeah i did happen to catch it seeing as how i was at the stadium and everything i figured what the hell. Yeah they didnt play well in the first half. Whats your point? They played well in the second half. They put up over 240 yards of offense. Thats not a bad half. What impressed me most is holding onto the ball for over 6 minutes, and keeping the Miami O off the field. Thats close to half of the 4th Quarter. This "output" was in vicious wind and against a good defense.

DaBills
10-17-2004, 10:33 PM
"Great post. You're on a roll today."

Can't help it. Unfortunately, Drew gives me too much material.

:drool2:

DaBills
10-17-2004, 10:37 PM
" Whats your point?"

That only scoring 3 points through 3 quarters will not cut it against better teams that know how to put away a team. It hasn't to this point. Miami is not one of those teams thaat knows how to win.

I love the win, but until it becomes 5 in a row, I'm holding my breath.

cordog
10-17-2004, 11:05 PM
" Whats your point?"

That only scoring 3 points through 3 quarters will not cut it against better teams that know how to put away a team. It hasn't to this point. Miami is not one of those teams thaat knows how to win.

They've hung with the big boys like New England and the Jets. Every match up is different. You cant take something from this game and draw conclusions about another. There is too much parity in the NFL to do that. Plus the offense scored a touchdown in the 3rd so they didnt go 3 quarters.

DaBills
10-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Like my first post said, it was mid-3rd quarter.

Parity is fine, but the team is inconsistant right now. And staying close with good teams is fine, but W-L are the only stats we can really look at. Moral victories don't cut it.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 06:32 AM
W-L are the only stats we can really look at. Moral victories don't cut it.Seems to me we got more than a moral victory :scratch:

cordog
10-18-2004, 07:56 AM
Like my first post said, it was mid-3rd quarter.

Parity is fine, but the team is inconsistant right now. And staying close with good teams is fine, but W-L are the only stats we can really look at. Moral victories don't cut it.

Well we got a victory, not a moral victory. If victories are the only stat you can really look at, why are you bickering about the 13 points? :scratch:

TedMock
10-18-2004, 09:02 AM
I counted six drops yesterday. One of them was on a bad throw, but the other five were unacceptable. There may have been more points scored if these guys would catch the ball when hit's them in the hands or chest. Moulds dropped two, Evans 1, Reed 1, Campbell 1, and McGahee 1. That drives me absolutely crazy, so I always keep count of drops. Other than that, the offense played pretty well. The play calling was pretty good, McGahee played well, Bledsoe played well, the line was okay.

finsrclowns
10-18-2004, 10:04 AM
I counted six drops yesterday.

6 drops? Well I saw two throw aways with noone open and one play it appeared Evans ran the wrong route. That leaves a maximum of 4 bad throws in a 30 mph wind. And only one sack. Sounds like a good day to me. :scratch:

TedMock
10-18-2004, 11:03 AM
6 drops? Well I saw two throw aways with noone open and one play it appeared Evans ran the wrong route. That leaves a maximum of 4 bad throws in a 30 mph wind. And only one sack. Sounds like a good day to me. :scratch:

Don't get me wrong, I think Bledsoe played a very good game, especially when you consider the wind. The six drops I pointed out were all passes that hit the chest or hands of the receivers. Only one was a bad throw. The other five were good throws that the receivers didn't hang onto. Bledsoe did a good job moving in the pocket and throwing it away when necessary. I'm very happy about the win, but dropped balls against a better team mean another close loss.

finsrclowns
10-18-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm very happy about the win, but dropped balls against a better team mean another close loss.

Agreed.

Dozerdog
10-18-2004, 11:13 AM
" Whats your point?"

It's too simplistic to look at 3 offensive points over 2 quarters and change. When the offense takes to the field, are they concerned about getting X amount of points over X amount of time? Abslutely not.

They took to the field, looked at the clock , looked at the scoreboard, looked at field position an they played according to the situation and conditions.

Penalties did stymie a drive - and a drop or two didn't help. Yes- they could have played a teeny tiny bit better in the first half. Yeah- if they did this different and that different they could have scored 7, 10, 35 poiints by the half.

In the conditions, I think the team played very well and gets an A on their report card.

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 11:24 AM
It's too simplistic to look at 3 offensive points over 2 quarters and change. When the offense takes to the field, are they concerned about getting X amount of points over X amount of time? Abslutely not.

They took to the field, looked at the clock , looked at the scoreboard, looked at field position an they played according to the situation and conditions.

Penalties did stymie a drive - and a drop or two didn't help. Yes- they could have played a teeny tiny bit better in the first half. Yeah- if they did this different and that different they could have scored 7, 10, 35 poiints by the half.

In the conditions, I think the team played very well and gets an A on their report card.
94 yards against the wind in the last 6 minutes to seal the win...zero points...priceless

lordofgun
10-18-2004, 11:38 AM
the offense played well today. On a normal wind day we would have had 2 more FG's and we ended the game on thier 1 yard line after a 94 yard drive.
Exactly right. If you weren't there, you have no idea how windy and swirly it was. Lindell missed a FG due to that, and if we had to we could have kicked a FG or scored a TD on the last 94-yard drive, a drive which was so unbelievably clutch.

The offense would have scored 16-20 total points if they needed to on that last play, which is very good considering the weather.

Some people are never happy...

lordofgun
10-18-2004, 11:39 AM
94 yards against the wind in the last 6 minutes to seal the win...zero points...priceless
:up:

Mr. Cynical
10-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Game 1: F
Game 2: F
Game 3: F
Game 4: F
Game 5: A

Still an F average, but maybe now it is an F+. :;

Michael82
10-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Game 1: F
Game 2: F
Game 3: F
Game 4: F
Game 5: A

Still an F average, but maybe now it is an F+. :;
If you think they deserve F's of the first 4 games...then you are nuts. What did they do wrong that makes them deserve an F? :scratch: :shakeno:

Mr. Cynical
10-18-2004, 04:41 PM
If you think they deserve F's of the first 4 games...then you really are a fool. What did they do wrong that makes them deserve an F? :scratch: :shakeno:Let's see....

Game 1: 10 pts
Game 2: 10 pts
Game 3: 10 pts
Game 4: 14 pts

Average ppg: 11

The only teams to score LESS than us are the fins and bucs. That's 30th out of 32 teams. (officially the O was ranked 31st before the Miami game) That's an F in most people's book. As for the "fool" comment...well, I guess I don't need to respond and break TOS like you did. My explanation stands on it's own. I don't need to resort to attacking the poster.

ScottLawrence
10-18-2004, 04:49 PM
The first half was pathetic.... But, what else is new?

We came out in the second half and, it was a different story against a good Miami defense.

Im happy for the win and, lets just take it one game at a time.

DaBills
10-18-2004, 11:15 PM
"Well we got a victory, not a moral victory. If victories are the only stat you can really look at, why are you bickering about the 13 points?"

Yeah, I know it's more than a moral victory. The comment was made in reference to the games previously that we didn't win, but after many people would spout generic comments like "Hey at least they played better today!" when in fact it was another up and down performance.

I love the win, I said so in another thread, don't get me wrong. But there seems to be a feeling that all our problems are minimalized because we won. Take away Spike's TD and the fact remains - the O is anemic. I mean it struggled against the damn Dolphins for cryin out loud. This wasn't a great team. I'm glad people are happy with 13 points. But go against NE and the Jets again with 13 and see what's up.

Doz- I'm not saying we need to score x-amount over x-number of periods. If Drew could put up 3 quick TDs in the 1st quarter on a team and let our D take the game over, I'm all for it. What I'm saying is the trend we're in now of taking a long time to score points over the course of the game is scary, where it seems each week like we have to rely on a game of catch-up just to win.

Against better teams, that philisophy won't work. It hadn't prior to Sunday. And I don't want to hear any comments about how we lost three games by 8 points combined – we still lost. And how many good teams win by just a few points? A lot. Good teams know how to win and the breaks tend to go their way.

:shocked:

cordog
10-18-2004, 11:44 PM
"Well we got a victory, not a moral victory. If victories are the only stat you can really look at, why are you bickering about the 13 points?"

Yeah, I know it's more than a moral victory. The comment was made in reference to the games previously that we didn't win, but after many people would spout generic comments like "Hey at least they played better today!" when in fact it was another up and down performance.

I love the win, I said so in another thread, don't get me wrong. But there seems to be a feeling that all our problems are minimalized because we won. Take away Spike's TD and the fact remains - the O is anemic. I mean it struggled against the damn Dolphins for cryin out loud. This wasn't a great team. I'm glad people are happy with 13 points. But go against NE and the Jets again with 13 and see what's up.

Doz- I'm not saying we need to score x-amount over x-number of periods. If Drew could put up 3 quick TDs in the 1st quarter on a team and let our D take the game over, I'm all for it. What I'm saying is the trend we're in now of taking a long time to score points over the course of the game is scary, where it seems each week like we have to rely on a game of catch-up just to win.

Against better teams, that philisophy won't work. It hadn't prior to Sunday. And I don't want to hear any comments about how we lost three games by 8 points combined – we still lost. And how many good teams win by just a few points? A lot. Good teams know how to win and the breaks tend to go their way.

:shocked:

Dont discount the Dolphins D. They are a good unit. I believe the most points theyve given up this season has been 24. Thats with an offense that doesnt move the ball and turns the ball over alot. The Jets only scored 16? points against them, and the td was an int. return. The Bills offense was bad the first half, but the second half they played good football.

slvrsol
10-19-2004, 01:55 AM
Don't post often but I love how its still depressing in here even after a win. Consistency!

DaBills
10-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Depressing after a win? I'm glad we won, but it wasn't stress-filled ride, as most victories with Bledsoe are. It's nice that people can be happy with a win enough to overlook the inconsistancies that haven't been fixed. I just don't have confidence anymore that the guy won't throw an INT, take a sack or fumble on a run when drops back.

Who wouldn't be depressed?

:bighug: