PDA

View Full Version : I'm not going to let you guys spoil my good feeling

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 07:36 PM
The Bills won today, I am happy about it. They beat the team that I hate most (just barely above Dallas) in the NFL. The made good adjustments at halftime (something that is usually done against them). Drew had a decent game, and made some very good decisions at times. Willis McGahee showed why he was considered a top three pick in last year's draft. Our defense stepped UP the pressure after increasing our lead and didn't allow Miami back into the game with the wind at their backs. And finally for that long drive at the end of the game that are up the remaining time and showed not only that the Bills didn't choke at the end of the game, but that the offense was capable of closing out a victory by moving the ball against a very good defense.

This may not be a playoff team still, but I don't think we will be considered a cakewalk by ANY team in this league.

Ebenezer
10-17-2004, 07:41 PM
The Bills won today, I am happy about it. They beat the team that I hate most (just barely above Dallas) in the NFL. The made good adjustments at halftime (something that is usually done against them). Drew had a decent game, and made some very good decisions at times. Willis McGahee showed why he was considered a top three pick in last year's draft. Our defense stepped UP the pressure after increasing our lead and didn't allow Miami back into the game with the wind at their backs. And finally for that long drive at the end of the game that are up the remaining time and showed not only that the Bills didn't choke at the end of the game, but that the offense was capable of closing out a victory by moving the ball against a very good defense.

This may not be a playoff team still, but I don't think we will be considered a cakewalk by ANY team in this league.

I AGREE!!!

The_Philster
10-17-2004, 07:44 PM
What Eb said and to add to what you said, even though we got this win against a miserable team, it should at least serve to boost our team's confidence and they play better if they feel good about what they are doing.

Cntrygal
10-17-2004, 07:56 PM

GREAT POST!

TigerJ
10-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey 12-4 here we come! Well, maybe THAT'S a llittle too optimistic.

The_Philster
10-17-2004, 08:01 PM
works for me, though :up: Gotta try to stay positive

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 08:05 PM
As long as JP plays when he is healthy I'll be happy. For me, this season will serve two purposes: get JP/WM/LE experience and get TD fired.

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 08:08 PM
As long as JP plays when he is healthy I'll be happy. For me, this season will serve two purposes: get JP/WM/LE experience and get TD fired.

If that isn't a contradiction, I don't know what is. Fire the guy that drafted them.

Philagape
10-17-2004, 08:12 PM
A lot of the talk until now was that this team "doesn't know how to win." Now it does. Maybe now they can turn 3-point losses into 3-point wins.

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2004, 08:17 PM
If that isn't a contradiction, I don't know what is. Fire the guy that drafted them.I said get them experience. That is different that saying they are great picks. We don't know yet but since we have so much invested in them we need to know sooner than later.

However, TD's 18-35 record is enough to warrant immediate dismissal. I don't want to wait on "yet more picks" to see if they pan out before firing him. As such there is no contradiction.

Tatonka
10-17-2004, 08:18 PM
chern.. i am as happy as anyone that we are not the 0-5 team that everyone in the world is laughing at.. and that dallas will not get the 1st overall pick..

i was cheering and pulling for us to win just like anyone else..

when we win a couple more games maybe my mood will swing.. but i am still bitter about the way this season has gone.. i had high hopes of being a playoff contender.. and after the first 4 games.. that is going to be incredibly difficult.

i would love nothing more than drew bledsoe making me completely wrong and the offense getting it into gear and winning the superbowl.

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 08:47 PM
chern.. i am as happy as anyone that we are not the 0-5 team that everyone in the world is laughing at.. and that dallas will not get the 1st overall pick..

i was cheering and pulling for us to win just like anyone else..

when we win a couple more games maybe my mood will swing.. but i am still bitter about the way this season has gone.. i had high hopes of being a playoff contender.. and after the first 4 games.. that is going to be incredibly difficult.

i would love nothing more than drew bledsoe making me completely wrong and the offense getting it into gear and winning the superbowl.

I can understand you T, but I look at the overall way this team has been playing. I know the first four games have almost ripped out our hearts, but just think, we were IN EVERY GAME. Every one of them. Jacksonville 4-2, Oakland 2-4, Pats and Jets both 5 and 0. Combined 16 and 6 for the teams we have lost to. Oakland we were screwed by the refs from 9 points. I look at the whole thing. Granted, with the win today, it makes everything look a little rosier, (maybe too much) but I think this team is on the verge and they are at least keeping my on the edge of my seat.

I WANTED a close win today, if only to show the team that they CAN do it. So what if it was home against the only team in the NFL without a win. I am happy with the win and now we can build on it. I would like to see Losman get a little action too, but besides against the Raiders, I don't see how Jake would have gotten ANY action this year. Plus, I think Drew might have been suffering from some concussion from that cheap shot he took against the Raiders. He looked TERRIBLE against the Raiders. Much worse that I have seen him throw as a Bill.

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Plus, even though I believe in everything I typed, the thread title is a little tongue in cheek. :up:

mybills
10-17-2004, 08:58 PM
cw..I gotta give ya :hi5:..you stuck with me in the game thread! :D :up:

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2004, 09:02 PM
cw..I gotta give ya :hi5:..you stuck with me in the game thread! :D :up:

Thanks mybills. :drunks:

Optimism is all I have left. I found out after a bad rain yesterday that my roof was leeking and I don't know how long it was leaking. I was optimistic that it was just around the chimney and had a friend over to check it out. He caulked it up and said it looked good. I had a good day. Now I have to go make rice crispie treats for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. :D

BAM
10-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Good post, CW! You are my long lost eternal optimistic brother!

Woohoo Go Buffalo! http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/jam.gif

SABURZFAN
10-18-2004, 05:53 AM
enjoy it now because we'll get pounded next week.this team still looked horrible in the win.

The King
10-18-2004, 06:48 AM
If that isn't a contradiction, I don't know what is. Fire the guy that drafted them.

Great Point Cherny, plus Bledsoe gives us the best chance to win I say give him this year and next and let him go out on top with another super bowl ring.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-18-2004, 07:11 AM
I am with you chern, I am happy with the win. Sure the team isn't perfect, but they won. That was a good defense they played yesterday.