PDA

View Full Version : Why Buffalo won today....

OpIv37
10-17-2004, 07:55 PM
1. Few big mistakes- no turnovers, only one penalty that really affected the game (Reese in the endzone), only took one sack, only one real dropped pass (Evans, who otherwise had a good game)

2. The O-line. Drew had time to throw all day, and this was against one of the better defenses in the NFL

3. Running the ball against a good D and taking shots down the field to spread the coverage.

4. The D stepped up at the beginning of the game, and the offense stepped up when the D struggled.

If the offense had performed this well against the defenses that aren't as good as Miami's, we definitely would not be 1-4.

colin
10-17-2004, 07:58 PM
I say it comes down to running the ball.

we need mcgahee to run for us, henry just can't get it done, he can't break long ones, can't catch, can't block, and is a poor short yardage runner. as bad as we have been in many aspects, we have been a horrible running team, that can change now

TigerJ
10-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Statistically, Buffalo had a strong game. I was pulling my hair out at the ease Miami seemed to have during one stretch of converting 3rd and long though. The defense had some letdowns that I'd like to see them clean up.

Drive 4 Five
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
I say it comes down to running the ball.

we need mcgahee to run for us, henry just can't get it done, he can't break long ones, can't catch, can't block, and is a poor short yardage runner. as bad as we have been in many aspects, we have been a horrible running team, that can change now

I could not agree with you more. Hey I love Henry, he has done an admirable job for us, but McGahee is clearly the superior running back. FINALLY someone to take the pressure off the o-line and statue boy who actually plays much better when he has time to throw and has a strong running game to go to.

Crisis
10-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Willis always seemed to find the 1st down marker on those 3rd downs, even if he was carrying 5 guys on his back.

That's what I found most impressive. That's why we won, McGahee was moving the sticks all game.

Drive 4 Five
10-17-2004, 09:48 PM
What I find most impressive is the fact that he appears to have overcome one horrible ass injury. Is this kid bad ass or what? This guy can move the pile and has an uncanny ability to make something out of nothing. Boys we got ourselves a playa!

blitzkrieg
10-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Overall, the Bills played well in this game. This is a team-effort, a stout defense combined with an efficient offense. This was lacking in their previous games, three losses by three points or less and three times squandering 4th quarter leads. I hope this could be their motivation to get out from the hole they have created.