PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or do the Refs suck more than ever?

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2004, 08:05 PM
First of all, congrats to the Bills for finally winning, the team needed it and we fans needed it, badly.

Now, is it me, or do the refs constantly make bad holding calls against the Bills? I didn't get to watch the game, but I listened to it on field pass, and Van Pelt said that the 2 big holding calls (Cambell and Big Mike) were not even close to holding. If this is true, it seems that every game there is some sort of bogus holding call that takes away a big play or a key first down play. Is it because we hold so much, they just assume there was a penalty? I don't know, but it's frustrating as hell.

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah there was one holding call that was total BS. And I'm not just being a homer.

Today's crew sucked. They looked too hesitant on each call. I had no confidence in their calls whatsoever.

The_Philster
10-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Well, to be honest, there's holding on every play but yeah, they were a little overofficious at times. As far as the ref, the only thing Triplette is any good at is putting out players' eyes with his flag

Ebenezer
10-17-2004, 09:44 PM
the refs did a lot to keep miami in the game in the first half...

Crisis
10-17-2004, 09:46 PM
What about that holding call where JT leveled campbell, JT trips over Campbell, and MC gets called for holding?

WTF?

helmetguy
10-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Was is Fletcher that got called for PI after making a great pass breakup? I always thought, when the ball is in the air, the defense has the right to make a play on it too. Guess not. Silly me.

G. Host
10-17-2004, 10:58 PM
At least this game the Zebras helped by getting in way of a couple of Miami players a couple of times; most games they act as part of the opposing team.

Mad Bomber
10-18-2004, 06:28 AM
Is it me, or do the Refs suck more than ever?

Nope, it's not you. They suck.

Patrick76777
10-18-2004, 07:12 AM
What about when Moulds got his head taken off when the ball was a good 10 feet over his head. NO CALL? The ref was right in my corner and we ripped him apart!

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2004, 08:04 AM
What about when Moulds got his head taken off when the ball was a good 10 feet over his head. NO CALL? The ref was right in my corner and we ripped him apart!

I had more of a problem with the pass interference call just after that where Chambers cried for it and then got it.

BuffaloRanger
10-18-2004, 09:59 AM
Nothing is better than tunnel section seats at halftime and after the game.

I'm 10 feet above the refs screaming at them. "2 teams out there ref!" "The league reviews these games ref!" "Hey BJ, you blow!" That's the more printable stuff.

It's great to scream at the Bills players/coaches to pull their heads out of their asses. That this is Miami they are losing to. Morris is running all over them. They are embarrassing themselves and the whole city.

It's very theraputic actually. Scream as they go off the field at the half. Wait a few minutes. Then scream as they come back on. No more frustrations.

Jayhawk
10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
no it's not you, the reffing in the league has really dropped off the past 5 years

SABURZFAN
10-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Now, is it me, or do the refs constantly make bad holding calls against the Bills?

it's you.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Nothing is better than tunnel section seats at halftime and after the game.Or at the beginning of the game :;