PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Morris very mature

G. Host
10-17-2004, 10:02 PM
It didn't even matter that Sammy Morris had a career day with 91 yards rushing, the best performance by a Dolphins running back this season.

"To me it's almost pointless," said former Bills player Morris, the fourth player to start at running back for Miami this season. "The only stat I'm concerned about is the win-loss column. We don't have any in the win column and it's pretty frustrating." more (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041017_MIA@BUF)

I always liked Sammy and thought he got a short stick not even getting an offer from Bills to stay in Buffalo and rather than making comments how he ran down through heart of Bills Offense, he said it made no difference. I am not sure if it was pulling slower Sam Adams for Ron Edwards but Fins appeared to go into their shell and did not run Sammy against the Bills as much anymore.

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 10:03 PM
The guy was always a class act and a good pick for the 5th round.

Crisis
10-17-2004, 10:04 PM
I always liked him here.

Wasn't even aware the Dolphins picked him up, he was always a good ST player for us, and a 3rd-down back, or a pass-catching back.

Dozerdog
10-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Career day with 91 yards? i thouht he had a 100 yard day for the Bills once or twice.

juice
10-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Career day with 91 yards? i thouht he had a 100 yard day for the Bills once or twice.
If he had a 100 yd game with us we would've kept him instead of Burns.. Morris has size and great speed for a guy that big.

Didn't he have a problem picking up the Blitz?

The King
10-17-2004, 10:37 PM
I think we had like 5 good Rbs at the time we let him go... Henry, McGahee, Bryson, Gary and Morris. I believe..

G. Host
10-17-2004, 10:37 PM
I believe his best game was a 88 yard game against NE. He had a 101 yard game but that was part time in a preseason game. He had 100+ yard games but that was a combination of runs and receiving.

And no I do not think he had a blitz pickup problem although he was mostly used as a chip blocker.

G. Host
10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
I think we had like 5 good Rbs at the time we let him go... Henry, McGahee, Bryson, Gary and Morris. I believe..

No. Bryson and Gary were let go/traded last year. Sammy was not signed last year while we had Henry, Burns and McGahee (who had not played a game at time).