PDA

View Full Version : Challenge for those who watched the game...

ArcticWildMan
10-17-2004, 10:08 PM
How about a player by player break down of today's performance?

Sounds like we had some good and some bad. I'd be interested in hearing/reading an unbiased report on each player.

Anybody feel like contributing?

The King
10-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Ill try to recap in a cliff notes version....

Drew: Didnt do anything to blow the game, moved around in the pocket the best he has all year, battled some tough winds and still made some pretty sweet throws also his 10 yard scramble is a must note. (damn Penalties)

Willis: We got a taste of big Willie Style today, He runs hard and he runs with a chip on his shoulder, he seemed to pick up on blocks much better than Henry does also, he did seem to have happy feet though, but was able to adjust when the hole wasnt there.

Shelton: Had his best blocking day of the year.

WR's: Moulds is on fire, and bobby shaw will be missed. Reed was pretty much MIA after the first catch and evans and aiken had some drops... I dont know how much the wind played into any of those but it looked like drew was throwing the ball pretty hard.

The OLINE: Getting better every week which is great, but as beavis once said you cant polish a turd.

Offense: I liked the play calling today Mularkey and Clements did a good job adjusting and making a compromise. Drew should be leading this team and he did today but at the same point they protected the ball and the offense was mistake free.

Defensive line: Started to generate pressure late but these guys couldnt penetrate anything at a group orgy.

Fletch TKO Posey: London has picked up where Ruben left off just picking up an abundance of penalties this year most of them stupid. TKO played ok the pick was sweet but he didnt tackle that well, he was able to get some pressure though... BTW where was the ninja kick? Posey didnt tackle well either today, sammy morris ran on these guys like he was ricky williams. Thats just not right with these guys

DBS: Clemments played great today hit hard and played good coverage Chambers was not a factor at all in this game. Between Reese Prileau and Wire these guys almost equal Lawyer Milloy..... NO. But I think they played as well as your going to see them play. McGee I didnt really see much of him or KT today so I wont comment

Lindell just sucks I dont care about the wind, he eats it.

Moorman had some difficulty but I have to assume that was the wind because unlike his counter part he has shown something

We are on the right path though, keep the play calling similar and the D has to play tough but we should win next week

mush69
10-17-2004, 10:39 PM
O-line had No false start penalties.

Willis is very patient and lets blocks develop.

Only 1 turnover in the whole game and it was in our favor!

TKO traded the ninja kick for a stupid 15 yarder and real poor bowling approach!

The King
10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
TKO traded the ninja kick for a stupid 15 yarder and real poor bowling approach!

They didnt show that on TV

DaBills
10-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Willis: Will soon make people go "Henry who?" A footnote on Willis. Loved his running. It seemed like he was able to get more than appeared. But he did miss one chip block that led to a sack on Drew.

Joe Burns: Can be a nice relief for Henry or Willis.

Moulds: Very consistant today and decent yards after the catch.

D: Front pressure works at times, sacking when it needs to but still, no one is staying home and we end up stopping guys only by the time they reach the secondary. It's like there's a no-fly zone for Bills from the LOS back about 20 yards.

DB/Corners still playing off receivers way too much. We are not jamming or bumping guys off the line nearly enough. If we are, it's a light pat on the ass to say 'nice job, now go get that TD!'

Magahee slipped covering one 10 yard out, but he was so far off the WR anyway, I doubt with traction he'd have made a play.

SECONDARY NEEDS THE INJURED GUYS BACK SOON.

OL: Line gave Drew enough time for us to review his performance without the persistant haze of sacks that cloud his performance. Average numbers. I've *****ed enough about him on other threads.

ST: Average. Moorman almost nailed a few inside the one, but wind must have really f'ed with the ball. He gets a pass.

:clap:

DraftBoy
10-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Willis: We got a taste of big Willie Style today,

Dude your quotes rock!!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-18-2004, 07:16 AM
I didn't hear Jason Taylor's name all game so I give props to Marcus Price.
Ross Tucker looks to be an improvement over Teague.
Willis stiff armed a Bowens and put him on his arse. The guy is bigger than he appears when he runs.
Takeo Spikes made a great play on the interception, but why is it when the guy blitzes he is always running right at the RB. I know Sammy Morris is a great blocker, but can't TKO beat him one time?
Two weeks in a row Nate Clements dropped an interception that was right in his hands.
Ron Edwards played a good game.

mush69
10-18-2004, 07:45 AM
It was albout the middle of the second quarter and I went to grab a couple of beers and burn a worm. Well I'm standing there smoking and this gentleman in his late 50's or early 60's get to BSing about our line and turns out he was Ross Tuckers Dad! Very cool fellow and had a huge smile on his face.

Before he mentioned he was Tuckers Dad, I commented on how the new center was getting off the ball better than Teague. Teague has a tendency to get blown off the ball quite often. A Big proud smile came acrossed his face.

alohabillsfan
10-18-2004, 08:51 AM
OFFENSE B-, Played against tough defense in windy conditions!

O-line, Did good enough to protect drew and actually established a pocket! Big props to Tucker, Price (Taylor non factor, good buy Jennings!) and to the right side must give Williams and Vallarie their dues, it seem we did most of our damage to the right. (I still wish we could find a way to get 7 when it's 1st and goal)!

QB, did well enough! no sacks or turnovers in the redzone. Through the ball with authority (fiedler's passes sucked)!! Love the shovel pass!

RB, Great job in 4th closing out the game. Did well picking up the blitz and converting 3rd and 4th and long on shovel passes! Still need to stick it in the endzone when we get the ball inside the 5!

WR, Moulds was awesome, Campbell good enough Reed 1 nice catch to keep drive alive, Aiken well nice drop kid, get'em next week!

DEFENSE, C-, Should have never crossed the 50 with a 5th string running back, a below avg QB and a line that is maybe worse than ours!

DL, Not enough pressure on the QB and to many holes to run through. Edwards had a strong game I like him and P. Williams combo, more push up the middle.

LB, Poor tackling, no pressure when they blitz, this I still cannot figure out. Fletcher is really pissing me off with the penalties!

DB, overall not bad considering 50% of the starters (Milloy and Vincent) are on the shelf, We will be 1000% better when we get them back this is a great experiance for Mcgee.

Special Teams C, Would have been a B+ for moorman alone but since we have to figure in Lindell well it drops a letter grade!

Lindell, 30 plus mile an hour winds and he can't kick the ball pass the 10 yard line? The field goal attempt was comical!

Please stop holding on returns!

Moormans the greatest!! Morrman avg 51 yards a punt (1 was 47 into the wind) Turk avg 35 yards a pun and had punts of 17, 25 and 23 yards what a weapon!

Coaching B- Good play calling I thought the challenge was a good idea just to buy time to make that shovel pass play call. Of course we ended up missing the field goal. We have got to find an effective blitz! we continously get teams in that perferred third an long situation only to give up the 1st down. I cannot for the life of me rationailze blitzing on third and long while the dolfins are going into the wind when Fiedler already displayed the inability to make a decent pass. Oh well thats my ramblings from what I saw.

tampabay25690
10-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Drew- I thought played well moved very well and it shows if he has time he can still throw the ball around..Good to see...

Willis- looked good finds holes even if they aren't there, wasnt hesitating to the line. But overall good performance..

WRs- Moulds is a stud, he was everywhere, GOOD TO SEE.....Reed, made a nice catch but he will never be anything then a 3rd WR anywhere. Aiken had a few drops but Im sure he is learning and the ball was moving all over the place on throws . Evans still makes some nice plays, but also had some drops...

OL- I think the OL played very well we played a very good Miami DEFENSE and Drew was not pressured that much yesterday. Marcus Price looked very good at LT, and shows some spirit. Big Mike played well too moving well. Ross Tucker came in and stepped up. The OL is improving everyday and it is good to see..

Defense- I thought they had 1 of there worst games of the year, Sammy Morris looked like Ricky running on us.. Clements did have a good game. TKO had the nice pick but was very sloppy tackling. Sam Adams should be on the bench, Ron EDWARDS played very well. Sam looks real fat and slow now.....

Special Teams- I thought Lindell did fine, why did MM have him kick a 40+ Field goal into 30+ mph winds is beyond me.. Mcgee is very fun to watch and this has to be the best Special teams we have seen in a long time for the Bills.....

I think the team is moving forward and it was good to see them win....

Dozerdog
10-18-2004, 09:41 AM
I didn't hear Jason Taylor's name all game so I give props to Marcus Price.
Ross Tucker looks to be an improvement over Teague.
Willis stiff armed a Bowens and put him on his arse. The guy is bigger than he appears when he runs.
Takeo Spikes made a great play on the interception, but why is it when the guy blitzes he is always running right at the RB. I know Sammy Morris is a great blocker, but can't TKO beat him one time?
Two weeks in a row Nate Clements dropped an interception that was right in his hands.
Ron Edwards played a good game.

Taylor failed to register a single defensive stat- No sacks, tackles, or assists

finsrclowns
10-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Taylor failed to register a single defensive stat- No sacks, tackles, or assists

Props to Price but to be fair the Bills double teamed Taylor a ton. And Ogunleye wasn't around to embarrass Mike Williams which was nice.

LABillsFan
10-18-2004, 11:53 AM
I think one of the biggest plays was the sack when it was 2nd and goal for Miami. It wasn't the sack itself, it was Takeo jumping at the exact right time forcing Fiedler to pull it down causing the sack. It looked like Fiedler had a receiver and it could of been 6 points but that jump gave Schoebel an extra second to get to him.