Cap Implications if Sam Adams were cut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Cap Implications if Sam Adams were cut...

This was asked yesterday...basically...

SA is a vested veteran...his salary is guarenteed for this season because he was on the roster for the opening game

2004:
    Base Salary: $2,000,000
    Bonus: $1,375,000

If he were to be cut anytime before 6/1/05 his amoratized bonus money from 2006 would escalate into 2005...his base salaries would, of course, disappear...

2005:
    Bonuses: $625,000

2006:
    Bonuses: $500,000

I am not sure how the bonuses break down but at the worst case scenario (if these numbers are correct and according to CP they are) the Bills would save $1.5M towards the cap in 2005 and $2.5mil in 2006. IF they cut him after 6/1/05 the savings would be $2Mil in each year.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2004, 12:52 AM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

thanks for the info, Eb
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

I don't see him on the team next year at all....

It will be a good cut next year!!!
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

I really hope we hang onto Sam Adams. He's one of the few guys on our team who has been on teams that have had playoff success. Knowing what it takes to win in the playoffs (handling the pressure, noise, expectations, etc.) is just as, if not more, important than having talent/desire. We need more guys like Sam Adams, not less.

Comment

• FTG
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HenryRules
          We need more guys like Sam Adams, not less.
          We need more guys that refuse a coachs order? I don't think so.
          Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

fighting with the coaching staff isn't a good example of what it takes to win. The only thing that might support his stance is how a number of starters fought against coming out of Game 2 of the 1990 season against the Fish.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

Sam Adams was told to come off the field and refused to ... fine, that's not something that can be excused. But I'd much rather prefer to have someone in there who wants to help the team win the damned game than someone who is happy to pick up a paycheck and sit on the sidelines.

Tell me ... who do we have on our team that is known for helping teams make that leap to the Super Bowl? Before coming to Buffalo, Sam Adams had that reputation. His play has been solid while he's been here and he's done nothing to convince me that he doesn't deserve his reputation.

Was he wrong here? Probably ... is it worth cutting him for and is it worth evaluating his entire time on that one series? Hell no.

Drew can help us lose games left and right with the same stupid decisions and you say "It's not just his fault". Up until now, Sam Adams has done nothing but play solid D and all of a sudden he's worth getting rid of?

Comment

• FTG
                • Aug 2004

Adams is ripping the defensive play calling in Bills Digest too. You can't have that. I'm not saying cut him but I would suspend him for 1 game to get him the message he had better shut his mouth.
                Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                  Adams is ripping the defensive play calling in Bills Digest too. You can't have that. I'm not saying cut him but I would suspend him for 1 game to get him the message he had better shut his mouth.
                  personally, I just think he should be put on the bench for a quarter or so and kept on a short leash. If he causes another problem, suspend him

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    personally, I just think he should be put on the bench for a quarter or so and kept on a short leash. If he causes another problem, suspend him
                    That's the most gutless thing I've ever heard of. First you say that what he did is almost impossible to support ... now you're saying to sit him for a couple of series as punishment?

If what he did is worth punishing, then punish him, suspend him for a game or more. Putting him on the bench for a quarter is laughable.

I think he should be suspended for game or two ... but cut? No way.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
                      First you say that what he did is almost impossible to support .
                      link?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                        I noticed that too. If you got a player who is criticizing the coaches and calling them out in the official Bills magazine, plus fighting with the coaches during a game. You need to make a statement that you will not put up with this ****. Maybe cutting him isn't the answer, but he should at least get fined or benched for a game.

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          link?
                          Just a bit earlier in the thread ...

The only thing that might support his stance is how a number of starters fought against coming out of Game 2 of the 1990 season against the Fish.
                          The only thing that might support ... that to me sounds pretty damned similar to "Almost impossible to support".

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Doesn't make sense to cut him since he is a vested veteran. Penalize him with game checks until he is willing to do what he is being paid to do. Sammy Morris was breaking through his tackles all game and it is just him acting up to try to make it look like he is being a team leader rather than he was beat by a back who knew his weaknesses too much.
                              Last edited by G. Host; 10-18-2004, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X