X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

COACHING???

Is it me or do we operate from the same plan every week?

Offense seems to be our most varied product all though the results can be strikingly the same. Did you ever notice that NE has multible game plans acutually based upon the weekness of the other team, take for instance a team with strong run D but suspect Nickle DB's they go 5 wide no-huddle for a whole drive what a concept. Let's say you have overly aggressive safeties (Buffalo) throw in lots of play action home run ball knowing you will either get a completion or a penalty.

Defense, I am convinced we have a defensive play post it note vice an actual book like most teams. We will blitz the same people in the same place at the same time period. Here we come go ahead and block us?

ok I'm done please forward to MM at OBD!
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
    Is it me or do we operate from the same plan every week?

Offense seems to be our most varied product all though the results can be strikingly the same. Did you ever notice that NE has multible game plans acutually based upon the weekness of the other team, take for instance a team with strong run D but suspect Nickle DB's they go 5 wide no-huddle for a whole drive what a concept. Let's say you have overly aggressive safeties (Buffalo) throw in lots of play action home run ball knowing you will either get a completion or a penalty.

Defense, I am convinced we have a defensive play post it note vice an actual book like most teams. We will blitz the same people in the same place at the same time period. Here we come go ahead and block us?

ok I'm done please forward to MM at OBD!
    Varying offenses would be nice if we didn't have our own glaring weaknesses that we have to protect first. NE can change because they aren't worried about protecting an immobile QB with a bad line. They also have very versitile players. Each week they plug in different guys and each week the guy who had 2 catches for 15 yards the week prior has a 100 yard day.

If we put 5 wides out there? Then the opposition sends 6 or 7 (like last year).

While the season has seen some boneheaded playcalling at the wrong times, overall I'm satesfied with the mix of plays being called. We are going down field again, we are rushing the ball more. I'll chalk up some of those plays called to the coaching learning curve. But in no way does it come close to the KG/GW predictability down to the friggin play.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
      • Mar 2003

All those that wanted "Smashmouth Football" - this is what it is. Predictable, Low scoring, "try to stop us" attitude, with some long passes thrown in.

Really, look at all the bad teams scoring 30+ points. It was a good win against a good defense on a windy day, but the Bills need to find a way to score in bunches.
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
        All those that wanted "Smashmouth Football" - this is what it is. Predictable, Low scoring, "try to stop us" attitude, with some long passes thrown in.

Really, look at all the bad teams scoring 30+ points. It was a good win against a good defense on a windy day, but the Bills need to find a way to score in bunches.

kind of hard when your OL is swiss cheese.they did play better yesterday but we don't have the OL to play smashmouth.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
        X