PDA

View Full Version : Unless we get an immediate impact player

Dozerdog
10-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Henry isn't going to go anywhere ands it would be stupid for TD to peddle him now because-

1) If you could trade him for a pick- why do it now? You give away a guy for the remaining 11 weeks of the season to get something you can't use until draft day.

2) Or you trade him in the offseason for something you can't use until draft day.

Unless someone desperate comes to us and wants to overpay with a higher than expected pick, or gives up an impact player we can use now- it's not goinjg to happen.

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Agreed. What's the rush?

mybills
10-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Anything can happen in the NFL! :D

SABURZFAN
10-18-2004, 10:28 AM
mcgahee has ONE good game and everybody's ready to throw henry under the bus.i still believe that we can utilize both of them on the field at the same time.that's if henry can stay healthy.

finsrclowns
10-18-2004, 10:58 AM
There's no rush to move Henry but by the same token there's no reason to wait if TD gets the offer he wants.

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Agreed. What's the rush?
some people here despise so many of these players and are desperate and actually think we have a chance at the SB if we ditch DB, TH and Sam Adams...

LABillsFan
10-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Both in the backfield does a few things.
1.) takes a WR , Fullback or a TE out of the game. Which leave a DE one on one against a tackle, or a DB coming off the corner one on one with Henry and McGahee responsible to pick him up. Do you assign to help with the blocking, WM or TH? Who has the better hands to catch a screen if the Bills ever put one in the play book? Who has the speed to get to the outside where the DB was?

2.) the Bills run the balls roughly 25 times a game, how do you split it up knowing an RB needs to get in a rhythm.

3.) The passing game has to be on to lossen up the D making them account for back backs and receivers.

Not saying it can't work but it has to be a situation where it will work making me think it will be used sparingly. Kind of like the shovel pass yesterday. It worked because they used it in the right situation and only twice. It can't be the mainstay of the offense.

Tatonka
10-18-2004, 11:17 AM
the reason i think you consider trading him is because his value is only going to go down. dillon only got a 3rd round pick.. after one bad year.. henry is not going to have a great year.. at this point, with the way WM played yesterday, i would be surprised if henry broke 1000 yards.. hell, he wasnt looking like he would break 1100 playing full time.

i just think you move him because his value is going to drop more. but i would only move him if you can get a 1st for him.

i guess another advantage is that the team trading their first round pick doesnt know how high it will be.. so they may do it, thinking they will have a late first rounder and it may turn out to be a mid round pick or somthing.. but i guess that could backfire too.

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 11:26 AM
the reason i think you consider trading him is because his value is only going to go down. dillon only got a 3rd round pick..

NE gave up a 2nd.

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 11:26 AM
i guess another advantage is that the team trading their first round pick doesnt know how high it will be.. so they may do it, thinking they will have a late first rounder and it may turn out to be a mid round pick or somthing.. but i guess that could backfire too.

ala, the JP Losman trade?

RedEyE
10-18-2004, 11:33 AM
There's no reason to trade him if there is no reasonable offer in existance. Usually there is at least a rumor involved well before a trade of this caliber commences. I've heard nothing and imagine Henry stays throughout the year.

I find it necessary to make clear that the Henry, when healthy, will remain the leading back in this offense this season despite what Willis did on Sunday. Henry comes back to the leading role.

If his performance continues to lack luster, than he'll be dealt next season for mid draft pick and some change. However, I'm sure that Henry is well aware of his situation and isn't going to take it lightly. I bet he presses to give it his all, driving his trade value up, so he can get the hell out of Buffalo.

don137
10-18-2004, 11:36 AM
I would not want to trade Henry until after the season because I would like to see if McGahee can take the pounding and still be healthy to play week in and week out. I don't think not playing Henry will hurt his value that much. He is a proven runner in this league. If this was his second year in the league I would agree.